[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

clothes and such for hot/humid weather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 8325234.png (190KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
8325234.png
190KB, 500x275px
/out/,

going to japan in a few weeks -- it's hot and humid as fuck (~70-80%); will be hiking and walking a lot

what do suggest in terms of best kinds of clothing? better to cover up or wear shorter clothing? not really looking to get all burned and shit but i thought i'd ask anyway

also, is it better to shave leg hair for better ventilation, or to keep it as protection from the sun? thoughts please
>>
Just wear something with ventilation and you'll be fine. If you go short sleeves just use sun screen.
>>
u n b u t t o n e d s h i r t
and shorts
>>
>>1059598
>tfw it is 90%-100% humidity and 80F-105F here (night to day).

There's condensation on the outside of all my windows. Walking outside feels like walking face first into a warm wet towel.

>hair

Hair wicks moisture off your body where it can evaporate faster in order to cool you faster. It also acts as a dry lubricant to prevent chaffing. In the sun, it actually gives you a small amount of shade.

>Clothing

Very thin light weight clothing is best, regardless of the material type. A very wide brimmed hat with lots of vent holes in the top helps greatly in the sun when the sun is more overhead (nearly worthless in morning and evening when the sun is low.) Don't cover up. Less is best, just keep out of the sun. If you can find it, thin, white, 100% linen clothing will be the best thing ever for you. It is difficult to find because most are linen-cotton blends. It is also very expensive. Make sure everything you wear is a light colored as possible; white being best; black being worst. Your feet should be as free as possible. Extra blood gets pumped into them as you get hotter, specifically to cool you off. Wearing open sandals is ideal, even if you must wear socks (thinner socks is better). Since you are in Japan, get some geta and learn to use them well. You can go sockless with them fairly easily since the thong material is normally softer than the materials for sandals. All clothing you wear should have ventilation. Some have built in things like vents for your underarms. A button up shirt is great for adjusting air flow.

>sunlotion

Sun blocking lotions may be needed, but remember that anything you put on your skin (especially oils!) will retard your body's ability to evaporate moisture as well as it should. This is why something like baby oil feels "warm" when it actually isn't warm at all. That is why it is better to wear a big hat or even carry an umbrella/parasol to keep the sun off you.
>>
Wool socks, wool or polyester undies, linen pants or shirt...a guayabera perhaps.
>>
>>1059598
Get some shoes and stuff when you're here. Pretty much all the shops have region specific gear and can better equip you for the climate. Lots of linen and mesh. You can get a made to order suit for 200$ that will be light enough to hike in, if you so desire. Also many hiking and running shoes under 60$ are very breathable. Uniqlo has great clothing for this climate and is cheap.

If you're in the forest you should be mostly OK with your normal summer gear. It's the city and open trails that will have you going atsui ne like a local.

>walking 15km a day in Japan bro

Seems conterintuitive, but my merino socks have kept my feet very comfortable all summer.
>>
File: 1448246131216.jpg (213KB, 659x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448246131216.jpg
213KB, 659x800px
I live in Taiwan.. its humid as fuck here. I wear Polyester shirts daily, keep your cotton shirts at home unless you want to wear a wet soaked shirt all day. A baseball hat, sunglasses, suntan lotion and plenty of water. Thats about all you can do to deal with it - though it is generally cooler up in the mountains, so a light windbreaker.
>>
Oh god why are you going to japan in july/august? Even late September fucking destroyed me, leaving the hotel felt like walking into a sauna...

Go with loose t-shirts, shorts, breathable shoes and liberally apply gold bond to your balls and taint. Also get a decent handheld fan.
>>
I've been in Japan for 6 months now.

You'll definitely want to cover up. Japan has some bug named bujo or buto or something that bites. The itching is 10 times worse than a mosquito bite, and it hurts like hell. It doesn't go away for a week.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.