[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Buffalo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: merican buffalo.jpg (86KB, 600x926px) Image search: [Google]
merican buffalo.jpg
86KB, 600x926px
Anyone read this? Thoughts?

/out/ lit general also I guess.
>>
>>1059341
I'm reading it right now. Its ok. Rinella has a very neutral writing style so its not overly exiting but the book does contain a lot of interesting facts and tidbits. Informative and interesting but not useful.
>>
>>1059341
Read it a few months ago. I loved it. Like the other anon said it doesn't have very much useful information but it sure is interesting
>>
File: 1499853173588.png (121KB, 553x585px) Image search: [Google]
1499853173588.png
121KB, 553x585px
>>1059763
lmao
>>
>>1059341
>>1048969
Is using the catalog that hard, or are you just a lazy sack of shit?
>>
>>1059341
Easily the best tasting game creature on the planet.

Glad they are making a comeback so that I can hunt them, right now you draw a tag and go out to the refuge and shoot one which isn't very sporting. If they weren't delicious I probably wouldn't do it.
>>
>>1060033
How much does it cost would you estimate? I really want a buffler robe to sleep in, and to have a whole chest freezer full of buffler meats of course.
>>
Havent read it but I will tell you that the native americans nearly hunted them to extinction and their population exploded because spanish traders killed the natives off with diseases and thats when the buffalo populaton skyrocketed and then white men did the exact same thing the natives were doing. Whites killed them with rifles in mass. Natives drove them off cliffs.
>>
>>1060162
Tl;dr the only reason buffalos were only in high population is because of a lack of people which includes native americans, as the natives wouldve made them extinct if we hadnt found america
>>
>>1060162
based spaniards dispatching prairie niggers
>>
>>1060148
If you just wanna shoot a buffalo Texas has places that have them. Wanna say it was like 10 grand. Even remember then having an albino one for like 100k. Not sporting at all though.

Actually hunting the ones in Alaska or the GRE are lotto tags. People go their entire life not drawing a tag.
>>
>>1060170
I think in Wyoming tags are like $300 if you drawn one, my family lives their and they all put in for a tag and usually someone will get one and then they just divy up the meat amongst the family.
>>
>>1060170
And I suddenly remember why I hate big game hunting.
>>
>>1060172
$300 for residents, I don't wanna know how much more outta state costs
>>
>>1060176
Rare animals man. Way it goes. I would never pay it. No need to hate on all of big game hunting. I can hunt 6 white tails for 25 bucks.

It sounds romantic that any man could go hunt anything for an affordable price but there wouldn't be anything left if that were the case. If people don't pay for them to survive they go away
>>
>>1060202
Too many fucking people, should be able to hunt the surplus haha. I don't see a single mother fucker in muh woods all of trout season, all of squirrel season, all of grouse season, early fur trapping season. Then whitetail rifle week starts and the woods is full of faggots.
>>
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
>>
Great book, read American Serengeti by Dan Flores right after.
>>
>>1060178

>BISON Nonresident Any $2,502.00 Application fee must also be remitted. Nonresident Application Fee $20.00.

>BISON Nonresident Cow/Calf $1,002.00 Application fee must also be remitted. Nonresident Application Fee $20.00.

>BISON Resident Any $402.00 Application fee must also be remitted. Resident Application Fee $11.00.

>BISON Resident Cow/Calf $252.00 Application fee must also be remitted. Resident Application Fee $11.00.

holy shit
>>
>>1060272
Welcome to destination hunting. It's like golf but for people more sociopathic. Stay in the forest and hunt small game with me, anon. We will have the place to ourselves and can bag as many as we want for dinner.
>>
>>1060301
Eh, I shoot an elk every year lots of meat tag only costs $60, but I enjoy bird hunting.
>>
>>1060241

The author is aware the animal is a bison, however he is not pretentious enough to call them bison all the time when the common vernacular is buffalo.
>>
>>1059341
I haven't read it, but I love Steven Rinella. Check out MeatEater and the MeatEater podcast. He is featured on a few episodes of the Joe Rogan Experience and those are really good too.
>>
>>1060241
>>1060311
>BUFFLER>BUFFLER>BUFFLER>BUFFLER>BUFFLER>BUFFLER>BUFFLER>BUFFLER >BUFFLER>BUFFLER>BUFFLER>BUFFLER
>>
>>1060314

MeatEater podcast is incredible. Extremely /out/.
>>
>>1060235
I pretty much had to give up waterfowl public land hunting because of that. Had decoys shot, ducks retrieved by other hunters dogs, and boat racing. I had more steel shot fall on my jacket in a season, than snow in 3 years.

>>1060272
Crazy thing is if they offered unlimited tags and sold them for $20k people would pay it.
>>
>>1060359
>/out/ with other people
Not even once.
I only ever hunt in a pair. If I see another hunting party, I just leave.
>>
>>1060549
So much this. I want to hunt and fish with another person for safety reasons. Especially when I want to go to some more remote places, but its just ass. Any time I hunt or fish with another person it has always been a lower quality experience vs being alone.
>>
>>1060162
Lol so wrong
>>
>>1060822
I live in Appalachia, so when I hunted/ trout fished with other people, we would each get our own little stream valley and would push on from the river to the top. We would meet up at a predetermined point, then walk down one valley together and bullshit on our way back down to the river and truck. This way nobody steps on the others' toes, but help is only over in the next valley over.
>>
>>1061003
How's your internet connection out there? Been thinking about buying land out there. I work in tech in the DC metro area, so if I do make it happen I'll need decent internet to make a living.
>>
>>1060951
He specifically mentions the bullshit myth that prior to european contact the natives were all kum baya and spiritually and ethically connected to the land. They were equally unable to comprehend the finiteness of natural resources as the later euros. Why bother commenting when you didn't read the fucking book faggot?
>>
>>1059341
I thought it was a great book, but I'm a big fan of Rinella anyway.
>>
>>1061010
Terrible, would likely not be able to support your work needs. One cable provider. Just move to Hagerstown or something
>>
File: 81cFLTG6D1L.jpg (467KB, 1500x2302px) Image search: [Google]
81cFLTG6D1L.jpg
467KB, 1500x2302px
>>1059341
A little dry, but Major Powell's biography was pretty good if you're looking for inspiration.
>>
>>1060549
>>1060822
I feel the same way. More the older I get. Really wish the whole faith, family, and friends thing wasn't pusher so much in /out/ivities
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.