[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What are /out/ approved books? Both field guides to bring with and ones to prepare for going.

I've only been /out/ a few times, a few times with experienced hikers but mostly just car camping that hardly felt like wilderness. What are some /out/ approved books for learning to innawoods? I've got a basic kit and am going to do short ventures. I'd like some books to bring with me so I can reference things in-field. Pic related looks like a good read. Probably going to get a regional foraging guide as well.
>>
Woodcraft and Camping.

Camping and Woodcraft.
>>
>>1059332
Boyscout handbook
>>
it's ok, it's got a few not common tricks. i would like to have the boy scout handbook too though.
>>
Does someone have a mirror to the marlinspike Sailor Book? Thanks
>>
>>1060158
Which one isn't cucked? I looked it up on Amazon and, as I kind of suspected, it seems later version ones don't have "How to make fire" and various shit like that.
>>
>>1061908
Aim for pre 1970.
>>
>>1060158
The section on what to do if you got diddled will come in handy.
>>
>>1061923
I found the original here, along with some other bsa publications.
http://troop501.net/library/
>>
File: mad-donald-duck-o.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mad-donald-duck-o.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>1059332
https://www.wildedible.com/wild-food-resources

These types of books are only good if you live in the area they are written for, so find books that match your local area or area you'll be visiting.

>>1061908
>later version ones don't have "How to make fire"

@^%&$%^*$*$^#%^*$!!!

>mfw
>>
>>1061908
I >>1061975 downloaded the modern version. The section you are looking for is, "How to Build a Campfire" which details everything needed to start a general fire. Chapter 12 Page 410.
>>
>>1061923
Hairy bushes, though.
>>
>>1059332
Part of the bushcraft/roughing it part is state/federal parks are well traveled and because so many people use them you can't just chop down trees, green branches or the abuse builds up and makes a giant eyesore.

So you've got to do it on private land or wilderness that isn't traveled. In general you're restricted to hunting/fishing and light foraging while leaving stuff that takes years to grow back alone.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.