[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biolite God Tier.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_9619-620x330.jpg (78KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9619-620x330.jpg
78KB, 620x330px
>It can boil water with a handful of twigs and sticks.
>Braindead easy to get a fire started.
>Can use wood pellets.

After I'm done cooking, I roast another collection of sticks in my kettle to dry out quicker.

I mean, is there a flaw? Thinking about upgrading to the campstove so I dont need to carry an emergency battery although a 4.4mah battery weighs like .2 lbs.

Is there a superior product on the market?
>>
File: Al-Bundy-Well-Here-We-Go-Again.jpg (39KB, 479x351px) Image search: [Google]
Al-Bundy-Well-Here-We-Go-Again.jpg
39KB, 479x351px
>>
Lol posting in a bait thread ;)

Serious question though. Why is there a usb cable???
>>
>>1059009
I assume so you can pretend it's re-charging something
>>
File: australia_006.jpg (48KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
australia_006.jpg
48KB, 750x563px
>>1059009
Its not a bait thread, its more of a jerk thread because I love this thing so much.

It leaves less of a trace, and has less of an impact on the forest than chopping up dead fall or shaving birch/cedar.

>Why is there a usb cable???

It has a battery inside that spins a fan, the fan blows air into the main container.
Calling this a bait thread, you dont even know what it is. Larp somewhere else pls.
>>
>>1059009
depends on the moddle. some moddles are stoves only that have a fan-assisted burn (similar to a pellet stove for increased BTUs) and those recharge via USB, while another moddle has a heat sink that converts the heat generated into µV of electricity. that moddle charges the via USB and also has a USB output to use it as a charger. also, I don't think it works in power-loop mode but maybe it does....
>>
>>1059012
It loops, how efficiently? Can't say until i upgrade.
>>
>>1059011
>It leaves less of a trace, and has less of an impact on the forest than chopping up dead fall or shaving birch/cedar.
But a canister stove (or any other bring-your-fuel stove) leaves even less of a trace.
And it seems that for short outings, those might be lighter overall.
For long stuff, not having to bring fuel seems nice, but if I have to bring a stack of batteries, which seems quite heavy (and batteries are not really environmentally friendly to start with).
>>
I admit I was curious and got one that came with the kettle and grill attachment. I got it without spending a cent because I used airmiles and it was on sale. Probably because no one else was dumb enough to spend airmiles on a meme stove.

It's heavy and bulky for a stove, it's also a pain in the ass to use pellets with, if you load more than about half a handful at a time it smothers the fire, so you're forced to slowly load it up before it's ready to do anything of use. If you're using something other than pellets it's much more user friendly, but the burn time is very short, if you're cooking you'll likely have to refill once or twice before you're done. The usb charger's max is output is something like 900mah, which is pretty much rubbing your hair on styrofoam tier electrical generating. For the price, bulk, and weight you're better off getting a canister stove, two large canisters, and a battery bank or solar panel if you insist on using renewable energy.

The only worthwhile use I've had out of it was using it as a wood fire to grill steaks and burgers. The thing does burn very hot an efficiently, but there's barely enough room for two burgers so unless you're also a forever alone loser it's not great for cooking either.

5/10 neat meme toy, nice alternative to a george foreman grill, but no matter how you look at it, it's a waste of money.
>>
>>1059019
Its a rechargeable lithium, one solar panel would charge it easily.
>>1059022
The grill attachment is way bigger than 2 burgers, and if you smother a fire you should probably learn what You're doing.

Wood pellets don't instantly combust, you're doing cold fuel into a cylinder....Jesus fuck how dumb are you?
>>
Hry biolite faggot no matter how many times you post the same shill thread I will never buy that shit.
>>
>>1059019

>batteries are not really environmentally friendly to start with

How do you faggots get thru the day thinking everything you do is killing mother nature?
>>
>>1059042

I don't care what you can't afford, i was looking for a better product in the category of camp stoves.
>>
I studied up on this for way too long before buying one.
OP dont upgrade, you already have the best model. The first gen charges so slowly and the second gen charges faster but the probe often melts under high heat.

This thing is way to bulky for backpacking but its a blast for car camping.
Using large chunks of hardwood you can get it to burn hot for long enough to do your cooking without refueling.
>>
>>1059043
Well, since one of the premises of this stove is to be eco-friendly, this has to be adressed.
And now please do leave, you are causing bad vibrations with your negativity!
>>
I just bought one of these, used.

>use random kindling as fuel
>boil water super fast
>make folding bracket for top to cook while boiling water
>aesthetic
I hope it's not too heavy, it's kind of space consuming since the inside has that chimney. It would look pretty nice swinging from the pack of a strange milsurp mountain witch though.
>>
>>1059012
>moddle
>>
>>1059942
shut the fuck up anon I swear to tits I'll punch you straight in the dick.
>>
>>1058998
unusable in /out/ areas with fire bans, for one.
>>
>>1059960

Fire ban lol, what does that even mean? Small cooking fires and stoves are always allowed.
>>
>>1059977
What the fuck are you talking about dude? That couldn't even be farther from the truth. You are the problem.
>>
>>1059979

The only problem is, trying to figure out which one of you bio haters makes the least sense.
>>
>>1059977
> what does fire ban mean
It means do not make a fire, no exceptions.

I roll with gas like Putin. It does not spread fire via sparks but still I try to choose a designated firepit area or put stove over rocks if no pits available.
>>
>>1059986
That incudes your propane anon.
if there is a fire ban there is no cooking of any sort except maybe solar
>>
>>1059045
I own hundreds of dollars in stoves alone, of various styles and fuels. the biolite is a gimmick I would never carry into the wilderness for my own use
>>
>>1059993
>>1059993
not the same anon but as I said before, this thing is great for car camping.
I live on the beach in mexico during the winter . this little stove runs on whatever driftwood I can scrounge up and does not cost me a dime to run.
With the fan on high it burns hot as fuck, enough to make a stir fry in my wok.
You may think its a meme but I am not giving mine up
>>
>>1059988
That's not necessarily true. Most fire bans will include trangia-type stoves, put propane and white gas (anything with a valve) is usually OK. Unless you're in southern Oregon or NorCal, where the bans typically include all stoves.
>>
>>1060003

It weighs 1.6 pounds, that is nothing to me. But Im actually in shape :o)

>>1059993

Define its gimmick? Btw wtf is "the biolite", they make a lot of different products and none are called "the biolite" holy shit. Mindless hate my dude.
>>
>>1059988
Nope, not where I live (.se). Small stoves and tiny single-use portagrills are fine. Open fire is not. Of course common sense must be used.
>>
>>1060018
The fire bans I have had to comply with said "no open flame"
That includes propane.
>>
>>1060025
That is pretty strict... How do you warm water then innawoods?
>>
>>1060027
You dont.
I have seen in the rockies where they do that then just close the forest completely.
>>
>>1060031
Wow anon. How often does this happen?
>>
>>1058998
Agreed, I love mine. I take it brookie fishing and start it up and cook them as I catch them.
>>
>>1059022
I just use charcoal briquets, once you get it going it burns hot for about 20 minutes without having to add more fuel.

Still pretty cool that you can have a hot and efficient fire for an hour with just a few small dead branches from a tree.
>>
>>1059993
Get some muscles you fucking weak faggot.
>>
>>1060051
Not in years now but we are not in a drought now like some places
>>
>>1060031
Dumb colorado faggots ruin it for everyone.
>>
>>1059993
You can just leave the battery at home or at camp and it still works perfectly fine as a rocket stove.
>>
File: IMG_5282.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5282.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I live in southeast Alaska, technically in a rain forest. I should buy one just to show how useless it would be.
>>
>>1060099
If you can't find fuel in that pic you are a retard.
>>
>>1060099
your fuel must be bone dry or it smokes like fucking mad.
Like people think there is a forest fire bad.
its amazing how much smoke that thing will produce if the flame goes out and the fan is on high.
>>
>>1060107
Dry fuel to get it going, then you can pretty much feed it any biomass and it will burn.
>>
Biolite is pretty much a meme. Basically all their shit is for nothing other than trying to gearwhore in your insta pics. They sell a "stick snapper" for Christ's sake. Even if they had an appealing product I'd pass on it and go for another brand.
>>
>>1060107

Like I said in the OP, I make my fire, cook my food, then toss 4 handfuls of sticks in to cook. Works great.
>>
>>1058998
Eh the USB shit is pretty pointless, they only added it because the heat produces extra energy that the battery can't store.
>>
File: DXNgRCJ.png (824KB, 930x806px) Image search: [Google]
DXNgRCJ.png
824KB, 930x806px
>>1060120
Youre thinking of the campstove, which is orange. The cookstove doesnt not output. Its just a battery powered fan that can charge.
>>
File: IMG_5349.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5349.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1060106
I'm in the woods right now and it's pouring out. Where do I look?
>>
>>1060174
I personally would not bother with my biolite in such a soggy environment
I am sure it could be done in a survival situation but why bother otherwise?
>>
>>1060174
Feathersticks to get it started, then all that wet shit will burn.
>>
>>1059011
Not only is he a stick fag, he's also a cold steel fag.

Good luck with yo twigs inna rain
>>
File: 20170714_183909.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170714_183909.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>1060186
I am this anon.
Just did some rainy day testing and get some wet twigs to burn in a sustainable manner.
Not as easy as anon says but doable
>>
>>1060223
Also I will say that 15 minutes of fucking around with it and I smell that a hippie at a campfire .
Most of the time its smoke free but then if you fuck up a bit is super smokey.
>>
>>1060233
It will be smokey if the fuel is outside of the chimney.
>>
>>1060223
Imagine the carbon footprint and environmental destruction caused by manufacturing a million of these disposable gadgets
>>
>>1060264
Imagine your moms garbon footprint from laying so much the pipe
>>
>>1060530
My mom has been dead for years and died recently. Your joke wasn't funny and you should feel bad for saying such a lame insult
>>
>>1060588
Where did they berry her?
>>
>>1059012
>moddle
>moddles
>moddle
>moddle
kek "just a typo" I'm sure
>>
>>1060620
>>1060620
ur mums a moddle
>>
File: skeptical_3.png (15KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
skeptical_3.png
15KB, 429x410px
>>1060603
>>
File: hi_five_meh.png (20KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
hi_five_meh.png
20KB, 493x402px
>>1060623
yeah a plus-sized moddle amirite
>>
>>1060658
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbViuz7Sr1Q
>>
>>1060660
https://youtu.be/u5HOt0ZOcYk
>>
>>1060588
I know she's dead......i fucked her to death
>>
>>1060797
That's too bad, I was enjoying her suffering
>>
>>1060174
that looks wet as fuck but, normally you go for standing dead wood as its less soaked then ground, than you break it so you get the dry inside.

other option is to try stuff that is sheltered like a under a semi fallen log. or rock overhangs or thick brush that gives canopy cover.
>>
>>1060839
I am going to do you a huge favor.
Read up on the difference between then and than
You dont want to fuck that up in the real world.
>>
File: 1482203736658.gif (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482203736658.gif
2MB, 480x480px
>>1060841

Im gonna do you a huge favor and get you back on topic.

Do you like the campstove more than the cookstove?

Or is the basecamp stove the king of kings?
>>
>>1061275
Wat?
>>
>>1061275
The cookstove by far.
Less stuff to break and I never need to charge my cell phone that way.
less than half the price on amazon as well
>>
>>1060839
Just don't make fire under the rock overhang. It can be fatal.
>>
>>1061275
*then
>>
File: ghilliekettle.png (630KB, 409x618px) Image search: [Google]
ghilliekettle.png
630KB, 409x618px
>>1059882
Forgot my pic.

Seems like a good stove, gonna test it out in my yard in a bit.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.