[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bush H'whackin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Phishwildlife3.png (287KB, 491x369px) Image search: [Google]
Phishwildlife3.png
287KB, 491x369px
Who here goes off trail n h'whacks them bushes?

I've started trying to do this, mostly to find good places to camp away from the hippies.

Ive ran into problems especially in the summer when i want to wear shorts and shortsleeves and the foliage gets too intense. I want to avoid actually taking a machete to things but sometimes i wish i had one.

Any tips/experiences with getting through rough terrain?

Anyone accidentally step into or off of something camouflaged with foliage?
>>
File: kloppsun.png (404KB, 599x360px) Image search: [Google]
kloppsun.png
404KB, 599x360px
working in the woods everyday with steep hills and 1000 whips in the way you have 3 options
1). go slower
2). go around
3). get fucked

A light pair of pants made from something sturdy and non-denim will do wonders for your trek though.
>>
You don't really need to bushwhack if you know how to follow animal trails and you're not afraid of crawling or climbing around every once and a while.
>>
>>1058808
But sometimes theres no animal trails where i want to go
>>
>>1058878
Then put on pants, or cut a trail. Are you dumb or stupid?
>>
Its pretty retarded to intentionally go through tough terrain, but if you enjoy it for some reason then get into hunting.
>>
>>1058881
>why don't you do the op's subject
>gets mad
woah nelly
>>
I drove a friend to a spot about an hour away from our town last year to summit a range and crest it a bit. Halfway there he lit a joint, then the directions starting making less and less sense. Eventually we found a parking lot. The trail is pretty established, but there's no blaze. We follow it for maybe 30 minutes before it forks, either going up or maintaining elevation. My friend is still swearing he remembers all this, so we go up. 20 minutes later the trail disappears. I suggest we keep going up and he agrees. We bushwacked straight uphill for nearly 2 hours. Crawling through Laurel thickets, skirting giant rock piles.

After belly crawling through the last Laurel thicket, we pop out on a ridge that's just rocks, completely open and flat. We see a ridge to the north and one to the South, both are crazy far away. At this point we have no idea where we are so we decide to keep going to the top, where we know there's a trail. It then turns into the most beautiful old growth forest I've seen. Conifers abound, dozens of giant polypores, all weaved through by a tiny game trail. Once we hit the top we bushwalked through a patch of blackberries. When we finally reach the trail, my friend, who is wearing shorts, is covered in blood from ankle to mid thigh.

After following the trail north for a bit, we find the trail we were supposed to have started and been on. Going down this thing is pretty wild, 4000ft evelvation drop in 3 miles. It's only then we realize how far away my car is. Another 5 miles on pavement to get back to where we started.

We were probably the only people to be on that rock outcropping in a very long time.

Tldr bushwhacking is worth it
>>
>>1058878
False. You're just too dumb to see them.
>>
>>1058891
Its pretty retarded to intentionally walk uphill, but if you enjoy it for some reason then get into hunting.
>>
>>1058902
I did a really similar dumb thing with a couple buddies a couple years ago but the summit was shit, enough tree growth that there were no decent views and we literally wasted the whole day. Tried again the next morning and the actual trail was very worth it.
>>
>>1058738
>wear shorts and shortsleeves
While bushwhacking? Never!
I don't care how hot it is
I'm not a fat fuck, so heat doesn't bother me as much
>>
>>1058902
Where? Google map the path?
>>
Get zip off pants....
>>
Wear pants and a long-sleeve shirt. If heats an issue, they do have lots of breathable long sleeve shirts for extra shekels. One neat thing I've seen from forestry workers is googles that have mesh instead of glass or plastic.

If you're a little bitch like me I recommend are cheap leather gloves from home depot, at the end of the day you can look at how worn they are and decide if it was worth the $5 keeping that wear and tear off of your gf.

If you're just traveling by yourself, don't bother hacking your way through the brush, all you'll do is spend a lot of time going nowhere, and the only people you'll really benefit are the hippies that you've been trying to avoid.
>>
>>1058738
>mostly to find good places to camp away from the hippies.
I know this feel

Screw wearing shorts though. Durable pants that are loose in the legs and breathe nicely.
You'll start recognizing patterns in the growth and learn weave through most everything without having to crash your way through.
>>
>>1059007
>>1059069
Good shit
>>
>>1058910
More remote or difficult places get smaller trails.

You have to crouch, abd some I can't follow. Also hate pack snagging
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.