[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need hiking boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1499752915166.jpg (69KB, 750x665px) Image search: [Google]
1499752915166.jpg
69KB, 750x665px
Money isn't an issue,

Godtier boots which will last for aeons.

Thinking of Salomon 4G 2GTX?
Go...
>>
>>1058269
How into cute squid pet? :3
>>
>>1058269
>Salomon 4G 2GTX
Absolutely not. Mine leaked after a couple of months, and are seriously falling apart after eight months. The sole is peeling off in four places, and the leather has a serious split.
>>
File: IMG_4951.jpg (4MB, 2688x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4951.jpg
4MB, 2688x4032px
I've also been boot shopping lately.
Lems have spoiled me and I can't find any boots with a decent toe box. Is there anything similar out there suited for walking with a somewhat heavy pack?
>>
>>1058269
Solomon makes high performance shoes, but that doesn't make them durable. You want a heavy leather boot for durability, but it almost always comes at the cost of being heavy as shit. You e been warned.

That said, my Merrill Moab boots have been going for years. Mid-Soles are pretty compacted, but nothing's torn or outright broken. Love those boots.
>>
File: 156659_1119_41.jpg (32KB, 428x494px) Image search: [Google]
156659_1119_41.jpg
32KB, 428x494px
>>1058269
These are classic and last forever even with heavy use.

https://m.llbean.com/product.html?skCatId=14774&skCatId=14774&page=mens-gore-tex-cresta-hikers-leather&SS=B&llbdrd=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2F&csp=a#14774
>>
>>1058297
that squid is absolutely fucking lethal tho.
>>
File: 20170610_142500.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_142500.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I have these, basically infantry boots but have a nice polyurethane midsole and a wide toebox. They can also be resoled.
>>
>>1058333
>tfw no qtpie assassin squit to kill me in my sleep ;_;
>>
>>1058373
IT A STARFISH NOT A SQUID DONT YOU GUYS KNOW ANYHTING ABOUT BIOLOGY
>>
Op trail running shoes is what you're looking for, boots are old age shit meant for fatlards that do single digits hike but need muh ankle support
>>
>>1058403
haha
>>
>>1058405
Nice argument you got there, fatty.
>>
>>1058403
About to do my first hike in trail runners to see if this meme is all it's cracked up to be.
>>
>>1058403

Hmmm, I've been thinking this way actually. I don't buy into the whole 'ultralight' bullshit since it seems to be peddled by anorexic manlets. I feel the boots might be the same? I'm not scared of a little extra weight, but at the same time I do most of my fishing adventures and trekking around in a pair of asics, so I feel like I could go the trail running route.

Whats a good pair of shoes, possibly aimed at hunting?

Thanks

>>1058392
It's a blue-ringed octopus and extremely deadly.
>>
>>1058269
You've got to try on boots in stores to know if they will work for you. It's very difficult to recommend boots to other people, especially on the internet, because fit is everything. For example, I exclusively wear Keens because they fit my high arched, short feet so well, but they are only slightly above average in terms of durability. The rubber on the soles will start to come off, bit-by-bit, by the third season of using them, so I have to re-buy them every couple years. Other people's feet don't work so well in Keen boots, though.
>>
File: hokachallengeratrthree3-2.jpg (300KB, 1000x812px) Image search: [Google]
hokachallengeratrthree3-2.jpg
300KB, 1000x812px
>>1058475
I got a pair of Hoka One One Challenger ATR 3's, I'm going to do a thru hike soon and I tested them out over the weekend. The comfort is amazing, I felt like I was walking on clouds the entire hike. My ankles haven't blown out of their sockets either so I guess the boots ankle thing was largely a meme. Grip was totally fine too, no real difference there either unless in extremely snowy or rocky areas. I loved them immediatley and the weight difference was very noticable too especially on inclines. Boots still have their uses but for hiking purposes (out of extreme conditions) I'm completely sold on trail runners. The only major con is that they look like blinky doo's retarded cousin, can't really say how they will hold up after some usage either.
>>
Dont Be stupid and buy those plastic shoes there is nothing better than meindl ortler Or meindl perfekt Full leather and zwiegenäht Google it, they will still be good in 100 years
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.