[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I put a fishing line on this handline? Also, what tackle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3027.jpg (205KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3027.jpg
205KB, 720x1280px
How do I put a fishing line on this handline?
Also, what tackle is it good with? I've never seen anybody use one with a bobber.
>>
Ya I'm kinda new to fishing but I heard about handlines and decided to rly get into fishing
>>
>>1058104
>>1057697
>>
>>1058104
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+put+line+on+a+hand+reel
Everything you need to know
>>
>>1058275
link down
>>
File: yoyito.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
yoyito.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1058104
It's pretty easy, just tie on as you would tie line to a normal spool.

I keep a clip on float with mine but it doesn't really get much use fishing on the coast. If I head inland I normally take a bubble float which I can fill and fast a fair distance (maybe 25M-30M) but the clip on one is just really for fishing for mullet in the harbour here as it struggles to get more than 15M out

Tackle is easy. It can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. The two knots I'd suggest you learn that cover nearly everything you need are the improved clinch and dropper loop. Tie a couple of dropper loops up you main line about a 30CM apart, and then and stick a weight on the end of the line about 15CM below the bottom loop with a clinch knot, that's how I do most of my fishing. If the weather is right I stick a 100g wire grip weight on the bottom and get to do a bit of surf fishing from the beaches. I can put a cast out with a bigger weight like this hitting 70M every time (there's 100M of 6KG mono line on it) but most of the time it's just to around half of that with a 30G weight just because it's less to carry on me. I have had a go with soft plastics too (eddy eels for seabass). The retrieve with this isn't too bad ( you get about 25cm of line in per wrap) so you can keep a lure in play and from getting snagged quite easily it's a lot more labour intensive than using a rod doing this though unless you're jigging from a pier or something.

My whole set up weights about 170g as pictured so you don't even notice it's there. I keep some hooks a few weights, the float, some beads and swivels etc and a bit of bike inner tube as a finger guard for the line.

Don't get me wrong I love fishing with my rods too but living on a small island it's just handy yo have something like this on you for a slow day- all it takes is me to smash a limpet or something from a rock to use as bait and I'm good to go.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.