[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weather thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1499394733006s.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1499394733006s.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
What is some of the worst weather you've ever experienced?
>be me
>go to see Niagara Falls during winter
>Blizzard
>Stranded
>Almost freeze
>snow plow saves me
>>
File: laughingbrowngrills.jpg (113KB, 389x251px) Image search: [Google]
laughingbrowngrills.jpg
113KB, 389x251px
>>1057910
>He doesn't prepare for adverse weather before going /out/
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1057910

I live in Niagara Falls you are a pussy, American or Canadian sides ?
>>
>>1057915
I was young at the time 3+ years ago. Taught me to always be prepared afterward. Blankets on Blankets now
>>
>>1057919
I was above Lake Superior between Thunder Bay and Saint Sault Marie. Traveling east from Winnipeg
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1057926

Okay well most of the cucks on here couldn't drive that area, my friend hit a moose by Thunder Bay.

Do you like the niagara penisula?

It's actually an isthmus strange things happen on it
>>
>>1057938
I loved the place. I made it there at night. The ice on the falls and the reflection from the lightning made it look like something out of a story book. The 100% humidity during the winter made the air hang heavy and quiet, in tribute to the natural wonder. Tell me more about these strange things anon.
>>
>>1057941

Lots of People go disappearing on the Great Lakes, in or around them. Niagara is a land between two lakes (Erie and Ontario)

we are also one of the only Carolinian forest in Canada.

I've lived in British Colombia and in Alberta and nowhere is quite as warm and humid and weird as niagara
>>
>>1057965
Do people still try to go over the falls anymore or are the police super buttmad about it?
>>
>>1057969

One of the only people who went over the falls and lived recently jumped and died.

It's weird because it's such a sense of comfort you guys don't know feels like a still summer night at 2 am as you can hear the falls. I lived within walking distance and you can hear the falls pretty much everywhere even inside your house.
>>
>>1057910
Caught by a arctic storm in Iceland, 28 hours inna tent, wind was crazy, mixed with sand and snow.
>>
>>1057983
Were you with someone at least?
>>
>>1057988
nope, solo, but I had a sturdy little tent and mobile connection. I had a small mp3 player with me, playing Bob Marley to calm me down.
>>
File: laughingshekabob.jpg (8KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
laughingshekabob.jpg
8KB, 318x159px
>>1057923
He doesn't own a wool poncho or a capote
>>
File: anontrappedinhistent.jpg (124KB, 525x287px) Image search: [Google]
anontrappedinhistent.jpg
124KB, 525x287px
>>1057999
Is this you?
>>
>>1058017
Yeah, could say so, I was seriously worried my tent would fail so I kept most of my gear on, boot close by and my pockets stuffed with items I'd need if I woke up in the middle of bumfuck nowhere during an arctic storm without a tent.
At some point I got pretty freaked out about the noise and constant violent rattling of the tent, so take a big sip o something and play the Legend album and I was back to normal.
Every 3-4 hours I had to check pegs (all 16 weighted down by rocks) and remove sand and snowdrift.
>>
>>1058041
Sounds intense, man. I had a tent come fully unstaked on me during a blizzard in the Blue Ridge mountains, only thing kept it from blowing away was the three people in it. Good memories to look back on, but not fun at the time.
>>
>>1057910
Typhoon.
>inna Okinawa
>chillin' in barracks
>get to watch cars slide in the parking lot
>have to put on helmet and plate carrier in order to smoke
>>
Kiwifag, Ive been completely submerged in thick mud once, but thats more terrain. We dont really have crazy weather here, just constant uncomfortable weather.
>>
>flooding in Colorado
>tornadoes in Nebraska
>-45F blizzards in Wyoming
>cyclones at Diego Garcia
>haboobs in central Australia and southwestern US
Earthquakes aren't weather but I've been in a couple of those in California.
>>
blizzard, hurricane, earthquakes, tornadoes.
>>
>Camping trip with college friends in Oklahoma
>Storm blows up at night
>Everyone goes into their tents
>Storm gets stronger
>Starts pouring rain
>Starts hailing
>Wind violently shaking the tent back and forth
>Can hear trees snapping
>Can feel water rushing under the bottom of the tent
>Eventually calms down
>Fall asleep
>Wake up next morning
>F1 tornado touched down just south of us and demolished the east half of the campground

Also
>Cross-country road trip a few years later
>Find National Grassland in eastern Wyoming
>Check it out
>Find what seems like a good spot to stop for the night
>Set up camp in the evening
>Wind blowing strong from the north because it's Wyoming
>Wind switches to southwest as I'm going to bed
>Wake up at 3 AM to thunder
>Wind really, really strong
>Tent poles bowing down almost to my head
>One pole snaps
>Rainfly strained so hard against its stakes that it's humming
>Corner of tent starts lifting up
>Push it down with my hands
>Corner lifts again
>Stake uproots
>Wind now catches under rainfly like a sail
>Rips remaining stakes out of ground
>Tent tips over and starts dragging across the ground
>Fumble like a maniac through the tent wall for the buckles attaching fly to tent
>Get two buckles undone while getting twisted up in all my tumbling gear
>Fly no longer a taut sail, tent collapses
>Lie there in my destroyed tent listening to the wind howl
>Think I might be able to fall asleep from terror exhaustion
>Immediately starts pouring rain
>>
105 with 80% humidity
122 in the desert
>>
>>1057926
I'm from Winnipeg. We are good at adverse weather. Prairie storms yo
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.