[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yellowstone & the upcoming eclipse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1499113321154.jpg (325KB, 893x1750px) Image search: [Google]
1499113321154.jpg
325KB, 893x1750px
I have read that eclipses can have an effect and possibly trigger earthquakes.

Looking at the massive eclipse coming up in August, it seems to go over all the hot spots in the US.

What are the chance this causes everything to go off?
>>
0%
>>
>>1057716
^^^
>>
>>1057703
>What are the chance this causes everything to go off?
Zero.

Next question.
>>
>>1057731
>Next question.
why did you feel the need to repeat an answer that was given correctly in the first response to this thread, exactly 2 whole posts above yours?
>>
>>1057716
>>1057723
>>1057731

You all seem very certain. The recent rumblings in the Yellowstone area dont have you concerned at all?

Not trying to be an alarmist, but the combination of a once in a lifetime total eclipse going directly over Yellowstone/Madrid fault has me a bit worried.
>>
>>1057735
no
>>
>>1057734
There were no answers before I replied and I forgot to refresh. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
>>
>>1057735
You clearly don't understand what an eclipse is, at all.

It literally is just the moon passing between us and the Sun at the correct angle to do this. It passes within a few degrees of this angle daily. It's no big deal.

You're a fucking imbecile. I bet you voted for Trump.
>>
>>1057735
If it will ease your mind, check recent eclipses which have gone over other fault zones.

The cooling effects due to reduced direct sunshine and so on are very temporary and there is basically no impact whatsoever.
>>
>>1057794
It wouldn't even be enough to actually cool anything for more than ten minutes.
>>
>>1057790

>You're a fucking imbecile. I bet you voted for Trump.

And I bet this is the reply you use with everyone online who challenges you

>>1057794

This is all I was looking for really, a rational reply.
>>
>>1057798
I'm sure it's a challenge for you to dress yourself if you actually believed that solar eclipses gave anything at all to do with earthquakes. I mean that's a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>1057806

Doesn't seem too far fetched. Sounds like there is at least a slight correlation to the moon and earthquakes. Not sure how reliable these sources are, but some info...

https://www2.usgs.gov/faq/categories/9827/3354

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/05/0523_050523_moonquake.html

Also find it strange that in any of these eclipse, earthquake, August 21/September 23 threads I've seen, someone is always attacking the OP without any really input to the thread
>>
>>1057814
There are so many earthquakes all the time you can correlate it with your farts. But as the big boys say, correlation is not causation.

I don't know why I'm so nice to you. You have good karma, anon. Reflect on that.
>>
File: 9mjci.jpg (89KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
9mjci.jpg
89KB, 576x768px
>>1057814
>correlation
>mattering
you know how i know you failed freshman statistics?
>>
>>1057814
>someone is always attacking the OP without any really input to the thread
That's because they're retarded /x/ tier questions that don't deserve a response.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.