[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this belongs here or not, but gonna try my lucky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: stopmosquitoes_456px.jpg (29KB, 456x294px) Image search: [Google]
stopmosquitoes_456px.jpg
29KB, 456x294px
Not sure if this belongs here or not, but gonna try my lucky anyways.

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge on these little vampire fuckers that would cause them to have an increase in who/what they target. Every summer I join my family in the usual outdoor activities (camping, hiking, swimming, etc) and my sister practically has to lather herself in all manner of repellent to try and deter mosquitoes, though it ends up being a lost cause. For example we could be outside for the same amount of time, I with no to minimal repellent and her with her deet bath and I manage to get maybe 1 or 2 bites in an hour and she manages to get around a dozen or more.

Our mom is a nurse and she and the doctor she works for have been trying to figure out why my sister seems to be a walking buffet for the bugs yet anyone else around her seems to be fine. Our only thoughts are she drinks a lot of tea so maybe something with the herbs and tea leaves is attracting them to her, or something to do with a few summers ago she managed to get bit by well over 100 times in a single evening and that somehow put up an all you can eat notice to the bugs.

At this point it is becoming a problem for her as she is constantly looking pock marked with all these bug bites and she is wanting to go outdoors less and less during the summer.
>>
>>1057253
It's a common myth that it's based on blood type, but actually it's based on core body temperature. The hotter you are the more you're bitten. Gotta experiment around w mosquito repellants and see what works but past a certain point there's not much you can do other than pray for the genetically engineered bugs to fuck mosquitos out of existence in the next 5 years desu
>>
>>1057262
Yeah we have looked up all kinds of things; odors, perfumes, blood type (we both have the same type so that one is definitely out), etc.

Dont know if core temp is viable in this situation as her temp usually runs a bit on the cold side whereas mine runs on the warmer side.

She has tried everything from standard repellent, to high deet concentration repellents and even some homeopathic/organic stuff and she still manages to get bitten regardless of what she has put on.
>>
>>1057253
Wait
Who are the vampire fuckers?
The skeeters, or your family?
If it's the skeeters, the best thing is the barrier method
>>
>>1057267
The bugs obviously. And yeah, my sister has been half joking about getting a full body mosquito netting suit because of all this shit.
>>
>>1057268
And it will work
Some people are just bug bait, and need more protection than others
>>
Ya gotta get bit a lot at the start of the season then they wont fuck with ya after that, same with any bug
>>
>>1057268
head net over a
collar flipped up on a long sleeve shirt with sleeves tucked into a
pair of velco gloves with matching pair of
pants tucked back into the same shirt and the ankles tucked into
your wool socks to prevent mozzies biting under your socks.

Or just wear a burqqa
>>
>>1057253
Scent plays a big roll. If you lather yourself in nice smells everything is going to think you smell nice. Quit using so much deodorant. if you need it get unscented. It doesn't take a genius to know that if you smell like a flower insects will think your a flower. Mosquitos are a bit different but i shit you not being unscented really does help.
>>
>>1057262
So you're saying his sister is hot?

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>1057253
Females are more susceptible to mosquitoes. Maybe she more of something than the average female. pheromones/etc/science/plate techtonics?
>>
she's a heavy breather.

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/6037/20131206/mosquitoes-are-attracted-to-the-smell-of-carbon-dioxide-exhaled.htm
>>
File: 1479178629487.jpg (26KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1479178629487.jpg
26KB, 640x427px
>>1058151
Mosquitoes are blood suckers and they don't prey solely on humans so why the fuck do you think smelling sweet would attract them to you when every other animal in the forest smells like a fucking forest animal and the mosquitoes have literally no reason to be interested in anything that naturally smells sweet?

I'm not even saying you're wrong, but your conclusion seems completely counterintuitive.
>>
>>1058173
That's hot as fuck. OP send pics of your sis
>>
>>1057253
I'm like you dude. When we go somewhere foreign the Mrs (rhesus neg) gets eaten to shit and I am bite free, I always put it down to the amount of real ale or weed I consume but during a trip to worst Korea my mate, who drinks considerably more than me and smokes just as much weed; was the one being bitten to shit. I do eat an unhealthy amount of marmite but other than that and my inebriated lifestyle I am at a loss as to the cause of my immunity.
>>
File: 1491314872223.jpg (41KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1491314872223.jpg
41KB, 640x853px
>>1057253
It's about body hair. You have some, she has none, probably shaved off what little she had.

Propose permethrin soaked long sleeved shirt and trousers and plenty of deet for the exposed rest.
>>
>>1058201
>rhesus neg
Didn't know we had any sc/out/s from India.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.