[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fair price for wood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: felling-red-oak-stihl-2.jpg (139KB, 600x490px) Image search: [Google]
felling-red-oak-stihl-2.jpg
139KB, 600x490px
What is a fair price to pay for harvesting a tree from someone else's land?

My parents have about an acre of woods on their property and I would like to cut down a tree (not sure which species, maybe maple) to process on my own into firewood. I want to compensate them for the tree, but I plan on processing it and hauling the wood myself.

So I'm looking for what you guys would consider the fair price of a medium sized tree.
>>
>>1056657
If you are cutting down a dead one, I wouldn't pay anything. You are doing a service, for free, you should get the wood.

With a big tree you might get $200 worth of firewood. Most of the cost of selling firewood is labor. So paying them for the tree is like paying to work for someone.
>>
>>1056657
loggers have come by and offered my dad a few hundred per tree to come take a few trees out. he's never taken the offer. i'm sure grampa will be happy with a hundred bucks.

also, only do this in late autumn or winter OP. don't kill the forest, harvest from it.
>>
>>1056658
Not OP just wondering, how would I ask a forest owner if I can clear some marked trees? Do I just ask him if I can work in exchange for some firewood?
>>
>>1056673
I notice you have some dead trees around. Would you be willing to let me remove a few for firewood? I'll be sure and clean up area after I'm done.

Offer some firewood if they want/need some. Maybe offer some other thing you would help with. You might find some assholes that just don't want people on their property, move on to the next person.

Another possibility is getting wood from tree removals around houses, roads, or powerlines.
>>
$20.00 per ton
>>
>>1056673
National forest also allow firewood harvesting. Requires a permit in mine and they have dedicated areas for it each year.
>>
>>1056711
Nah im in New Zealand, most of the doc land is native. I have been lucky when I worked as a volunteer ranger, managed to score roughly 2k worth of totara that was blocking the road.
>>
>>1056721
Drive around after storms. Don't know much about NZ weather, but you guys are bound to have some wicked storms. Hope to hunt there some day. Smoking geese with a centerfire rifle appeals to me.
>>
>>1056657
Be bout tree fiddy
>>
OP, Never come back to 4chan ever again.....ever......dumbfuck.
>>
>>1056657
About 10 dollars a cord is the going rate i believe
>>
>>1056829
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.