[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truly Off-Grid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (2MB, 1016x635px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1016x635px
Is there anywhere in the world that is possible and feasible to live off-grid without government involvement?

Legality is negotiable. The land and climate would have to be conducive to farming.

Access to raw resources like copper, tin, etc. and complex items like solar panels through nearby (Within a day's travel) markets.

Somewhere you won't be hunted down for carrying a gun or flying a drone.

A place like this would be a veritable utopia. So, does it exist?
>>
The word you are looking for is suburb
>>
If this place existed, people would already be living there.
>>
>>1056339
Buy your own island and you can do what you want.
>>
>>1056463
No you can't. A 20 acre island is no different than a 20 acre plot of land in the countryside.
>>
>>1056339
Sounds like you need to invest in Mars real estate.
>>
>>1056339
Human beings are best adabted to live in the tropics, so that will be my best bet. There are several examples of western people who have managed to live on tropic islands for extended periods of time.

One is the Norwegian adventurer Thor Heyerdahl who lived for a year with his wife on the Island of Fatu Hiva in the pacific. They dreamed of escaping civilization but in the end they left the island - largely due to hostilities with local tribes.
>>
>>1056497
It turns out when you're trying to live as a hunter-gatherer, all of a sudden people are competition for resources! Who woulda thought it
>>
>>1056491
Fuck you im buying a country then
>>
>>1056339
>Legality is negotiable
go live somewhere in the middle of canada then. most of the country is uninhabited
>>
File: 1496158659260.jpg (83KB, 604x425px) Image search: [Google]
1496158659260.jpg
83KB, 604x425px
>>1056339
All land on Earth is claimed by someone. The only real exceptions are things where treaties are involved like Antarctica.

1: You'll need to purchase land from a government. That is the best solution. You can normally do this by buying an island off a poorer country. You will need to pay through the nose in order to get autonomy. This isn't the same thing as just buying government land without autonomy. This is the best solution, however it is always subject to possible attempts in taking it back. You'd need to have good relations with the original government in order to help prevent this.

2: Build an island in international waters. This can be a floating island or a grounded one. The main problem with this is you will need to defend your land with military force. Meaning, its sovereignty WILL be challenged with military force. Be that by shitty pirates or an actual government who happens to be closest to you. You may also have a blockage put up against you, preventing travel to-from your land. Most people can't do this successfully because of how dangerous it can be.

3: Annex someone else's land. This is basically going in, fencing off, and setting up your own sovereignty on someone else's land. This is the most dangerous way. There will be a military conflict. If not between you and that government or you and that government's allies.

My recommendation: Go out in BFE or find an island, buy some land normally that doesn't have neighbors within 10 miles of you, and do your thing. So long as there's no one dropping by to see what you are doing, no one will gossip. No gossip means no busy bodies making trouble over what ever you are doing or are perceived as doing. Put up fencing and keep out signs. Make sure they are not negative signs like "keep out, trespassers will be prosecuted". They should be more like "Please, keep out, I'm just trying to chill and relax by myself. Have a good day, sir." Leave a number for appointments.
>>
>>1056524
>blockage

"Blockade" fixed.
>>
>>1056339
A fuck to. of people still live offgrid, I am New Zealandfag, a few km from me theres one of the last truly self suffecient maraes. But I dont think your looking for that, you sound like you are looking for Alabama.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 715x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 715x1075px
>>1056558
>Alabama

Alabama is basically one big urban sprawl now and getting worse. I think the last census had it a t like 95 people per square mile. In fact most of the Mid-west to Eastern USA is just a big urban sprawl with tiny pockets of wilderness that's fenced and cross fenced. Only parks are free of that and they are filled with millions of normies roasting marshmallows and batonny breaking knives.
>>
>>1056589
I once brought a froe to a camp site because it was new and I wanted to play with it and my friends are lame Normie's. I challenged everyone to a batoning challenge. And nobody wanted to do it with their knives... So the batoning meme is just that. A meme. And not reality.
>>
>>1056589
then Georgia then, or whatever the fuck is your swamp/farm empty redneck state.
>>
Find an abandoned farmhouse with land on google maps.
Take the house and work the land.

Easy.
>>
>>1056339
> off grid
> farmable
> ore and on-grid modern tech within 1 day travel

Sounds like you want a huge swath of your own land. If it is large enough, you can do what you like.

You best bet is probably a relatively big island in Canada or something. Put up signs claiming it is private or whatever, I am sure there is a loophole to do this (claim it is a hotel but always be fully booked, sonething like this)
>>
>>1056645
That was the 1980s. We are full now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.