[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you kill shit innawoods? What do you carry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 33

File: Nigger-b-gone.gif (27KB, 651x465px) Image search: [Google]
Nigger-b-gone.gif
27KB, 651x465px
How do you kill shit innawoods? What do you carry?
>>
A real gun you fucking yuropoor.
>>
>>1055803
Depends on where you are. Most places get an ar15 or Winchester 30-30, but if bears are around you need a 45-70.
>>
>>1055807

>cheaper ammo
>more compact ammo
>cheap itself
>way quieter, can be suppressed without a shitty tax stamp
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jejT_DOIgO4
>>
>>1055803
Depends on what I'm trying to kill. If it's durr, then arrows. Fish? Exact tackle depends on the fish, but a spinning rod and reel is the base point. Everything else? My XD-45 with Federal HST. That said, everything else is w/e is actively threatening me. So I'm not shooting at random birds and the like.

>>1055808
Depends on the bear. Also most 7.62 firearms will do just fine. I'd recommend 7.62x51mm/.308 winchester. You can get them in semi-auto which will let you get a quick followup shot. And if I'm shooting at a bear, I'd want quick followup shots.
>>
>>1055831
>Too far for a good shot with a scoped rifle.
>25 yards
May as well use a bow. Airguns are stupid.
>>
>>1055846
I'd rather have a 45-70 lever action than a semi auto 308 for grizzly bears. Don't care what anyone says, 45-70 is just about the best round for defense against big animals. Besides, lever actions are pretty damn quick for follow up shots as long as you aren't one of those idiots that take the rifle off of their shoulder to work the action.
>>
I been using a pocketpredator to snipe grouse n shit. Bow for bigger thingies.
>>
>>1055851
>grizzly
That's why I said it depends on the bear. A big grizzly would make me want to reach for a big ass gun. Say a 12 gauge with slugs.
>>
>>1055859
12 gauge is a very close second. Only reason I prefer the big ass rifle is because rifles easier to pop a bear's melon with because of its greater accuracy and penetration.
>>
With my hands.

I carry my hands.
>>
File: IMG_3108.jpg (98KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3108.jpg
98KB, 550x412px
>>1055831
>tax stamp
Think again you fucking pom.
>>
>>1055894
What?
>>
>>1055929
im from New Zealand.
>>
>>1055933
I have seen the song and dance y'all have to go through just to get a bolt action rifle.
>>
12 gauge shotgun with BBs, buckshot or slugs depending on the game; my range in the mountains is no more than 50 yards.

.44 Magnum rifle if I'm hunting big game exclusively; range 100 yards or so.
>>
>>1055803
Remington Model 70 30-06
>>
>>1056182
I meant Winchester
>>
>not killing animals by impaling them on your fully erect dick
>>
>>1055803
T-97. Semi-auto version of the Chinese army standard issue. Chinkshooter is built for chinks with sights, stock, etc. But that just means it's really lightweight and durable. very very fun to plink and takes the .223 all day.
>>
every time I go /out/ I carry a handgun and a rifle, sometimes two depending on how long of a hike I have to make. It's usually a glock 19, lately a browning hi power, and either an AR or mini 14, both if the walk isn't too long
>>
>>1055847
>airguns are stupid
How so? I get they don't have great range and all, but they are great for hunting small game since they are easier to aim with than a bow, the ammo is stupid cheap and you have plenty of choices when it comes to ammo. I love my GAMO for plinking and the occasional shooting at small shit like birds and squirrels.
>>
>>1055803
GAMO Big Cat 1000 Hunter variant with the wooden stock, mainly because there's no real predators here and it's ridiculously cheap to use for plinking.
>>
>>1056739
I used to have a few 1000fps air rifles as a kid, theyre handy for shooting cats and magpies that are in your garden, but trust me they are useless for anything other then shooting shit if the deck.

.22 is just better in every way.
>>
>>1056739
Because anything you can do with an air rifle can be done better by a 22lr. From CB caps to stingers to ratshot, why bother with an air rifle when .22s exist?
>>
>>1056753
I can see that in the US, but the problem is in a lot of Euro countries you need a firearms license which costs decent money plus you can only shoot at an actual range or when you go hunting from what i understand plus ear pro can be a drag to always have to carry. I like having one because i can shoot in my backyard if i want despite having nearby neighbors because the rifle isn't that dangerous and it's damn quiet.
>>
>>1056769
Well then the answer is obvious. Move to murrica and become a burger. You know you want the freedom, MAGA hats, and the little electric cars to ride around in when you go to Walmart.
>>
>>1056799
Dont tell people to immigrate, everyone stick to your own fucking countries. Especially you darkies.
>>
>>1056801
Hey as long as they don't vote for Democrats, I really don't care if people move here.
>>
File: DSC05962.280140628_std.jpg (46KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05962.280140628_std.jpg
46KB, 800x446px
Carrying while /out/ tends to get some hate here, but I usually carry my .357 when going innawoods. I don't know why you wouldn't really if you're capable of using a firearm. When you're miles away from the nearest bit of civilization it doesn't hurt to be able to defend yourself from any crazy animal or person that you could encounter. I seriously doubt I'll ever need it for that, but it's a peace of mind thing really.
>>
File: doves.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
doves.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>1055803
Depends on what I wanna kill, but in a pinch most weapons will kill most things.
>>
>>1057055
Very pretty piece, Anon. What make and model?
>>
File: 20160505_135501.jpg (435KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160505_135501.jpg
435KB, 2048x1152px
>>1055803

I've got the Whisper Silent Cat. Great air rifle for the money, shit scope though. I use mine mostly for doves and pidgeons, rabbits and squirrels, every once in a while some rats.
>>
File: IMG_0689.jpg (1MB, 4032x2177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.jpg
1MB, 4032x2177px
>>1056753
You can get away with a bit more considering it's an air rifle. Once you get to gunpowder, people don't tolerate stupidity and assery quite so much.

That said if you are being legal and safe, of course real guns are better.
>>
>>1055871
>bear defence
>accuracy
>>
>>1055847
as a burger. you dont know what the fuck your talking about.
>>
>>1057102
The very reason i typically carry my crossman 1377 with modified valve. Sometimes i just dont wanna bring a gun but still wanna eat aminals innawoods.
>>
>>1055808
>bears require 45-70
No they don't.
More polar bears are killed with AR-15s in 223 than any other gun in any other caliber.
As with anything else gun related, shot placement matters above all else. If that doesn't work, a quick and sure follow up shot matters more than anything else.
>>
>>1057076
Pic is not mine but I have the same gun. Ruger Security Six with a 6" barrel.
>>
File: 1493794504126.png (155KB, 640x844px) Image search: [Google]
1493794504126.png
155KB, 640x844px
>>1055966
>song and dance
what you mean sit down for half an hour and walk out with license, yeah mate song and dance. i disagree with the licensing processes but in of its self its not bad so don't meme it out to be a hassle when its not you mong
b and e cat mate you're not wrong
>>
>>1057200
People that argue shot placement tend to forget that while an ar15 can be quick and easy to aim, a well practiced guy with a big gun can just as easily put rounds on target with the big gun. Again a well placed 45-70 is vastly superior to a well placed 223.

>>1057151
When I refer to accuracy, I am meaning shootability. A rifle is easier to put on target than a shotgun with a slug and typically has much better sights. You want to try to put a slug on target while under major stress with a bead sight?
>>
>>1057247
>Again a well placed 45-70 is vastly superior to a well placed 223.
No doubt and won't say it isn't, BUT 223 is used successfully so much of the time-and for so much-that caliberfagging against it is basically futile.
You may not like it, you may argue against it-hell, EVEN I may not like it-but there it is anyway.

>well-practiced guy with a big gun
Good luck finding one of those, or BEING one. Getting good requires a lot ofbpractice, and that practice is much easier on a 223. After 10 rounds off the bench with 45-70 your shoulder is basically done. With 223 you can shoot 50 or even 100 rounds in one session with no problem, and you won't get an accuracy-destroying flinch in the process either.

Also, at the ranges most shotguns are accurate to, a bead is really all that's needed.
Inside of 100 yards aiming is basically point and shoot anyways, and a bead works just as well as full iron sights for that.
>>
>>1055803
http://www.bakersfield.com/news/breaking/search-and-rescue-crew-robbed-at-gunpoint-during-rescue-along/article_fba00efe-3c20-534d-8581-6f3c9223ca5e.html
>>
>>1057367
Different anon here, stop being a cunt. You know damn fucking well that when your life is on the line a bigger bullet is better.
>>
>>1055851
>lever action > semi auto
it's almost like you are autistic and have cowboy fantasies
>>
>>1057475
Bushfag here, I used to own a marlin 336 but I sold it when I got my AR. Theyre both pretty good, levers are damn good panic gun real easy to use when your brains hopped up on adrenaline, and if its a speed feeder like the 336 its pretty easy to use aswell. Would fucking hate to have an end feed tube mag though.
I was in the nz army just as they introduced the ARs, and I got a fuck to. of training time with it. I still fuck up with it though, I often find myself trying to open a bolt action when a pigs screaming towards me.

Semi is better, but lever actions are simpler to operate under stress.
>>
>>1057482
>Semi is better, but lever actions are simpler to operate under stress
nigga all you have to do is pull the trigger
it's almost like /out/ is nogunz
>>
>>1057475
The argument isn't semi vs lever you fucking retard.

>>1057367
You could just practice with a 30-30 though. 30-30 isn't expensive nor is it punishing to shoot. Most lever guns have very similar manuals of arms so practice with one is practice with most.

Do note that I don't fault anyone for choosing an ar15, but am just arguing that a larger gun is superior for this specific application.
>>
>>1057485
Fuck off mate, I have fucking cancer from all the powder ive got in my bloodstream. Semis are neat and all, but a range faggit like you needs to comprehend that when a 150kg pig comes running at you its a fuck ton easier on the brain to load a levergun.
>>
>>1057488
>a fuck ton easier on the brain to load a levergun.
loading a magazine on an AR-10/ SCAR-H
is way easier than loading any levergun
your nogunz is showing
>>
>>1057487
Follow up shots on a lever gun are not faster than any semi auto.
>>
>>1057488
and you wouldn't have powder in your bloodstream, maybe a lot of lead from sucking on those cast lead bullets you use on your cowboy gun.
>>
>>1057491
May be different for you, but for me atleast its way easier to load a marlin 336 then an AR, I still use the AR though because I like the cheaper ammo and the fact it doesnt bruise the meat so much.

Alls im saying is that ive been in some scary situations with a lever action and it was sinple enough to load with shakey hands and without watching or thinking about what youre doing.
>>
>>1057493
When did I say they were? Besides I doubt that the difference really matters.
>>
>>1057511
the post I was originally replying to

>>1057510
well good for you buddy
>>
>>1057471
Go take your own advice and do likewise. I never said it wasn't.

I'm saying what IS USED THE MOST to successfully harvest polar bears isn't what you think it is.

Is it the super autistic
>muh one shot kill
?
No it isn't, and I'm not saying it is. But it IS used-A LOT-and DOES work.
>>
>>1057524
Can you read? It said that they were pretty quick, not that they were faster.
>>
>>1057487
>You could just practice with a 30-30 though. 30-30 isn't expensive nor is it punishing to shoot.
Still more expensive per round and recoils much more than 223.

Factory loaded 223 is 50 cents per round; factory 30-30 is 75 per.
And 30-30 produces 3x the recoil that 223 does. It's nowhere near as bad as 30-06, but it's not nothing either.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/recoil_table.htm

Don't get me wrong, I love 30-30. I have one. It's my favorite gun to hunt with hands down, much more capable than given credit for and I recommend it highly. If anyone wants a fantastic gun to take with them innawoods, both a Marlin 336 or Winchester 94 in 30-30 are god-tier for forested areas, especially with iron sights. They're light, balanced well, quick to the shoulder and compact.

But that said, they aren't ideal range rifles. The combination of short barrels and light weights pushing a bullet that's 3x the size of the 223 produces much more recoil. Especially 223 in a semi-auto, which softens recoil anyway.
When you're using a couple of rounds at a time this doesn't matter at all. When you're touching off 40 rounds of 30-30 from the bench (like, say, sighting in your irons again because SOMEONE fucked them up and now you have to to get it back on paper for hunting the next weekend), it does.
>>
>>1057587
>because SOMEONE fucked them up. . .
Jesus I know that feel. Ever had someone just take the rear sight on an A2 AR and just crank the shit out of it the second you hand it to them? That drives me batshit insane.
>>
>>1055803
What will you be killing and why?
>>
File: IMG_6428.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6428.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1057827
Yeah.
Needless to say, I was not happy and went hunting that week with a badly bruised shoulder.
Still, it didn't stop me from rolling up a nice tender doe with one shot.
>>
File: Steyr-Scout.jpg (138KB, 2000x808px) Image search: [Google]
Steyr-Scout.jpg
138KB, 2000x808px
Anyone fallen for the Scout Rifle meme? They actually sound really logical for innawoods.
>>
>>1057239
http://www.police.govt.nz/advice/firearms-and-safety/standard-new-zealand-firearms-licence?nondesktop

I particularly like the fact that you have to provide 2 references.
>>
>>1057992
>You will have difficulty being deemed 'fit and proper' to possess or use firearms if you have:
>indicated an intent to use a firearm for self-defence.

WTF
>>
>>1057200
>>1057367
>>1057525
More people are killed with .22lr than any other caliber but that doesn't mean I'm going to carry a .22.

A .45-70 is a great caliber for bear hunting, assuming you have a modern firearm that can take the relatively stout loads you see now. And if a levergun is what anon is good with, then that's what he should use.

>>1057482
No, you just aren't as practiced with an AR-15 as you are with a lever gun. It is that simple.

>>1058012
Well obviously the only reason you want a firearm for self-defense is so you can start a revolution or shoot random people in the street while screaming "IT WAS IN SELF-DEFENSE".
>>
>>1057068
Twenty-eight.
My negro.
>>
>>1055803
cyanide
>>
>>1057978
I did, I have the ruger gunsite and I like it a lot for my innawoods gun. Its like any other box fed bolt action in real fucking NATO.
>>
File: 20140617_115538.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20140617_115538.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>1057194

The main reason I chose the Gamo over the Crosman backpacker was the single pump consistent power vs having to cock several times and spooking dinner.

And for just plinking, I can shoot all day with the single cock rifle, a hundred shots with a 1377 (my bro has one) at full power is an endurance event.

But what I **really** envy is ability to break it down and stuff it in the pack so as not to spook the normies.

Although shooting the Gamo has made my accuracy with my 10/22 improve a ton since it's so dang sensitive to shooter error. I tossed the scope, it's useless, the iron sights since they're barrel mounted are solid and aren't affected by the infamous droop.

>>1056753

I have my old non tactical/non breakdown 10/22 and I love the shit out of it, but I can carry a pile more ammo for less with the airgun and no CO2 to buy, but sometimes I miss having that quick second shot.

*Wishlist* Hatsan 25 supertac not because it's tactical

<--- freaking squirrel sized rat
>>
>>1058318
The Backpacker 2289 fucking sucks unless you sink tons of aftermarket parts into it. Iron sights are atrocious and it has no scope mount. Hard to service, hard to pump, stock falls off etc. It's shit and it's why i'm considering a breakbarrel. The takedown function is not worth it. They even sharpened the stock retaining button for you so it nicely digs into the web of your palm.
>>
This thread went to shit I'll just stick with my mossberg 352. Still gonna get an air rifle, any suggestions?
>>
>>1058355

Hatsan Torpedo 105X Vortex

gas piston, free floating barrel, under cock, max 1000fps.

Or if you can spare the cash for it, A Diana 460 Magnum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_nu1g4T2u0
>>
>>1058372
Any thoughts on gamo? There's a refurbished Whisper fusion pro in .22 that has a good discount.
>>
Powerline 880 is easy to pump, lightweight (basically for kids) but still shoots around 700fps with pellets at 10 pumps. I have a lot of proficiency pounded into me since I've plinked with it so much so I might be biased. A good option for poorfags.
>>
>>1058224
>can't say he wrong but I don't want to lose an Internet argument with a stranger
>better start calling him a faggot
>that always works
You have to be 18 to post here, kid.
>>
>>1055847
What's wrong with a bow, desu?
>>
>>1055803
>How do you kill shit innawoods?
With my bare hands.
>What do you carry?
A lot less than the rest of you.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
When innawoods accept no substitute to the SKS. I'll probably get a lot of shit for it, but whatever. I have other, more expensive guns but SKS is the one gun I would keep if I could only keep one.
>>
>>1055803
With a hunting license, or in self defense. Do not point a weapon at something until you identify it.
>>
>>1058407

My Whisper Silent Cat can shoot nickel sized groups at 40 yards, however to get that kind of accuracy with a scope you have to spend a bunch on a scope rated for gas pistons. The forward recoil knocks them out of zero within 20 shots and then you have to re-zero, until the scope fails and wont adjust anymore. (stock trash scope)

The iron sights are nice with the red/green optic sight and are pretty nice in low light. Because both the front and rear sights are mounted on the barrel, droop won't be an issue.

My .177 prefers the crossman premiers. My rifle is more accurate with heavier pellets staying under the sound barrier, once they go past 1100 you'll hear the crack like a .22 rimfire and the pellets won't group worth a damn. It takes a couple of hundred rounds through the barrel to condition the gun and get used to the artillery hold, but once it's past the break in it'll be pretty accurate. For the money it's not a bad rifle, and if you can get one cheap, do it.
>>
>>1058407
I have two Gamos. Owned them for years with no issues. They are straight and if you get some pellets they like, they should shoot fine. Lots of cool options from them between like $100-$250,

But also, the scopes are generally shitty compared to real hardcore optics. They will get the job done but if you are really tryin to eat, it might be worth upgrading.

>>1058418
It's not even worth going that route anymore considering how cheap some of the spring piston ones are. I think my first air rifle was the Crosman 760, and that's fun for plinking but it does suck having to pump a dozen times to actually take something down. When I got it tho, those guns were like <$40 and I think the prices went up a bit.
>>
>>1058572
>>1058536

would stop me from getting gud without all the complications of glass?
I've always preferred iron sights in any circumstance (probably because of all the shit optics I've had experience with actually) and iron sights would be preferable in my situation for several other reasons.
>>
File: plsnobulli.jpg (35KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
plsnobulli.jpg
35KB, 600x645px
>>1058634
*What
>>
>>1058524
>Not_bad.jpg
>>
>>1057471
Wrong.

Which application? Range 300+ meters OR penetration sub 300+? Go back to the Hi-point forums.

>What is fragmentation?
>>
>>1058477
Nothing, provided you don't mind bulkier equipment, much shorter range, less precise aiming, and a lower chance of a quick kill when compared with a gun.

Using a bow anytime you are allowed to use a gun is just autism.
>>
>>1059001
Some people like bows because it's more challenging than a gun, it's also more silent than ANY gun ever, plus reusable and (relatively) easy to make ammo.
>>
>>1059001
>my hobby is better than your hobby
>>
>>1059101
>tfw elitism is literally the foundation of /out/
/out/ would be way different if anons could actually acknowledge the world doesn't revolve around them and that their way isn't the only one.
>>
>>1058421
Well saying you should shoot more it pointing out that he is wrong. You shoot firearms that "recoil" more and you'll get used to the feeling.

>>1058919
>Wrong.
Not quite. Depends on exactly which caliber and what firearm. I guarantee that a .308 rifle loaded with AP rounds will penetrate most things under 300 meters and can reach past 300 meters without much issue.

>>1059001
>lower chance of quick kill
I'd say that is a skill issue. If you're good enough it shouldn't affect how quickly you kill your prey. That said, I'd certainly agree that a bow requires more skill than a gun to do so. I use both.

>>1059097
>more silent
I can't recall who printed the article, but they noted that deer can hear the arrow, and potentially dodge it, before it hits them. Unlike a bullet which (with few exceptions) is supersonic, so it hits before the deer hears it. So while "quiet" in general is nice, if I'm hunting deer I'd rather have "quiet long enough to kill".
>>
Well this thread went to shit fast.
>>
>>1059101
More like
>my tools are objectively better than your tools.
Because they are. That's exactly what guns and bows are innawoods-tools to kill things.

Even the government agrees-their vastly inferior effectiveness is how bowhunters and black powder enthusiasts argued for and won the ability to have the longer hunting seasons that are now the primary reason to own those weapons.

You want to make a hobby of shooting bows? Go right ahead. But don't kid yourself: without the extended hunting seasons offered to bowhunters, very few people would own them given the choice. It's just not logical.

>>1059115
A great shot with a bow means the deer runs less than 30 yards before bleeding out.
A great shot with a gun means the deer doesn't move at all-just drops where he stood-and dies more or less instantaneously.
I'd say that's pretty clear cut.

>>1059201
They always do.
>>
>>1059201
I just wanted to talk about air rifles
>>
>>1059242
Hunting with either a gun or a bow is a hobby unless you're doing it for food or income. You want to hunt with a gun? Good, me too. But if some guy likes bowhunting because of the different challenges it provides, I say good for him.

>why would you ever play a videogame on hard mode when you can beat the game so much more easily and quickly on easy mode?
>>
>>1059201
Yeah about 900 fps.
>>
>>1059364
That's the sweet spot for my Gamo with the crosman premier pellets. 900fps.
>>
>>1059309
Congratulations, we are in agreement.

Hobbies don't have to be logical. I know doctors who restore 70+ year-old tractors themselves and spend more than the cost of a new tractor doing it. I like old vacuum tube-powered AM radios and listening to music on them-especially at night. I've even completely restored a 1950s vacuum cleaner from the armature on up, so I get it.
But most people have to be practical about their hobbies. If there weren't a special extra niche carved out by governments for hunting with bows, the great bulk of current bowhunters wouldn't own them. There would still be the hobbyists sure, but most people wouldn't have a reason to spend the money. After all, why would most people own a bow when they can just use a gun and have twice the accuracy and 5-10x the range, all at a skill level that can be learned in a weekend?

And I don't know about you, but I eat what I kill, and one deer can feed my family for a while.
I could pretend to be all holy and say I do it because it's the ethical thing to do, but I don't. Really I just like the taste.
>>
>>1059399
Should have said
>most people have to be practical about what they spend their money on.
>>
>>1058634
Gamo uses those little flourescent dots on lots of their sights, they are pretty nice. And a good one will be adjustable. Go for it. The fixed barrel Gamo I have has some nice sights for an air rifle but I think I paid $200-$250 for that one.
>>
>>1059408
Fixed barrel gamo?
>>
>>1059414
Yeah, I posted a pic of them all earlier. It's the model that has the bar below the barrel to pump it.

It's straight. A little heavier than similar break barrels and you have to make sure you load it properly and don't crush the skirt deal on the rear of the pellet. Supposedly it's more accurate since the barrel is fixed but I have never scientifically tested it.
>>
>>1056753
Bullshit nigger. I own a 10/22 and a suppressed bolt action savage mk ii (also in 22lr). And though I'd obviously pick them any day of the week over my GAMO, if I was going to head to the woods, that doesn't take away the pros that a GAMO air rifle has over my .22 rifles.

For starters the ammo is way cheaper than even the cheapest 22lr. 300 rounds for 5 bucks where I'm at.

It's caseless, no need to clean up the environment after I'm done plinking.

I cant shoot my .22lr in the suburbs in my backyard but I can shoot my pellet gun.

They're less lethal than even a .22 short while retaining enough power to kill pests. Meaning no worrying of stray shots or ricochets as much.

And lastly I can allow my kids to shoot it without worrying as much.
>>
File: 1495144778429.jpg (33KB, 480x405px) Image search: [Google]
1495144778429.jpg
33KB, 480x405px
>>1057367

Dude there are bears that take multiple medium caliber rifle rounds and still manage to attack the hunter or kill him.

And you're talking about using 5.56 as bear defense round when it's proven to be a little light for human combatants?

Most polar bears are killed by poachers where they get the drop on the polar bear and manage to hunt it and take aim while the Polar bear is out and about. Very different from the way we would shoot a bear.

Us... on the other hand, aren't poaching of hunting bears, we might accidentally stumble near one with its cubs and we'll only get 2-3 shots off at most at such close range and unexpected encounters which lead to animal attacks. t

Better make em count by having it be a bullet that will RELIABLY penetrate the vitals.
>>
>>1058524

Gotta agree. Too bad I never got one when they were cheap.

Now I can only get them for $500 + and at those price points I'd rather save up a little more and get something else.
>>
>>1059431
>Cheaper ammo

You must be a Poorfag or cheapass. Seriously if the cost of 22lr is a dealbreaker, than you probably should spend your very limited funds elsewhere.

>Don't have to pick up cases

Lazy

>Shooting in my suburban backyard is fun

Irresponsible. You'll shoot your eye out fag.

>Letting your kids shoot shit unsupervised

See above

You must be a nigger
>>
>>1059431
>owns a 10/22, a savage mk2 and an air rifle to boot.
>complains about the cost of ammo

Nigga even if your doing pest control all day .22 cost is fucking nothing,, my guess is youre mag dumping at the range.
>>
>>1059449
Dont fall for the meme, decent ARs are cheaper then ever and waaaayy fucking better then an sks.
>>
>>1059399
>>1059402
I'll take it. I get what you're saying here, and I agree. Your earlier posts sounded to me like you were anti-bowhunting, so I couldn't really understand where you were coming from.

No hard feelings, and thanks for explaining what you mean in a different way.
>>
>>1059510
Different guy here. Literally everything you just said is highly subjective, at best, and is pretty fucking dumb (also subjective).
>>
>>1059510
Also
>without worrying so much
Is not necessarily the same as
>unsupervised
Dummy.
>>
>>1059536
Why do you own 3 smallbore rifles?
>>
>>1059526
They're not really comparable for a lot of reasons.

The first one that comes to mind is that in many states, you can't legally hunt deer with .223, while you can hunt them with 7.62x39 (or anything else over .30, including an AR10, but that's also a whole different type of gun for some reasons).
>>
>>1059540
I don't, dumbass. I just said
>different guy here
>>
>>1059540
But what the fuck, you can't see why someone would like to own a semi-auto and a bolt action .22, and also a pellet gun? Those are all different.
>>
>>1059510
Stop being a fricking bully I'll eat your ass
>>
>>1059548
Nope, I used to own 2 air rifles and 2 rimfires then I settled with just a 10/22. Dont really see why youd need much more unless youre full time pest control, which I was pretty close to being. Probably every night I was out for possums and everyday I was doing the rabbits after milking, after a couple weeks I grew tired of different guns.
>>
>>1059554
A bolt-action is fun
A 10/22 is practical
A pellet gun is not technically a gun even in most anti-gun states, so you can take it just about anywhere.

And again, 11cpr is more than <2cpr. I know they're both cheap, but why use a .22 when a pellet will suffice?
>>
>>1059559
Go for it if its all you can have, but I think its pretty retarded to use a high dollar pellet gun when .22s are equally cheap and waaay better.
But of course if we are getting into the nitty gritty, then the ultimate /out/ gun is a stainless .22 pistol.
>>
>>1058112
Love it. 28ga is my favorite gauge, and I have 3 of them.

The one pictured is an SKB 600 3 barrel set (20ga, 2iga, .410) and all 3 sets of barrels are fixed skeet/skeet.

I also have a Winchester 101 Featherweight choked light mod/imp mod, and a BPS with removable chokes.
>>
>>1059565
>high dollar pellet gun
I got my pellet gun for about $100. Cheaper than most .22s around here. I paid $700 for my model 19, and I've put about $600 into my AK kit so far (almost done). Most of the others were heirlooms/hand-me-downs. My .22 is my brother's, but I'm "taking care of it" while he lives in a retarded state. AKA forever. That was also an heirloom, I guess, since it came from an older family member.
Anyways, I like my pellet gun for totally different reasons than the reasons I like my .22, or my dad's .22s.
That said, I could use a .22 most of the times when I use my pellet gun, but the simplicity and relative silence are very nice when target shooting with pellets.
>>
>>1059559
>11cpr
Bulkpack .22lr is commonly available for at or under 5cpr. If youre willing to dedicate time to finding sales you can get it down to 3.5cpr. Even quality subs like the AE Suppressor are 8-9cpr.

Meanwhile you're hard pressed to find even shitty .177 pellets for under 2cpr and the ones appropriate for actually killing even small critters start at 3cpr. The difference is quite negligible.
>>
>>1059576
My friend, it is very easy to find quality .177 and even .22 pellets for under 2cpr, even only on airgundepot.

And price was only an afterthought for me. I thought I made other good points in my post which you didn't acknowledge. .22 rimfire and pellets have different uses in a lot of cases. No?
>>
>>1059588
I can't seem to find tins of 250 for under around $5 or tins of 500 for under $9, both before either tax or shipping. Which works out to 2.0 and 1.8 cents each respectively.

I didn't address the other points because they are correct.
>>
File: IMG_0700.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0700.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1057200
>polar bears, .233?
This sounds insane. AK only US place with them, only natives allowed to hunt one, every 5yrs if male, 10yrs if sow.

And ARs not more common than moose rifles.

Mine: ruger M77. 300win.mag. 30steps range, through both shoulders to avoid being charged
>>
>>1055803
I carry 3 guns innawoods, a .308 rifle, a 12ga shotgun and .357mag revolver.

I like .308 for a main rifle, good accuracy, ballistics and stopping power. I carry a variety of 12ga ammo for various uses, mainly for hunting small game and birds. I like the .357mag for it's penetration capabilities.

I keep the 870 in the pack unless I am using it.

On a side note I was considering getting a 10mm semi auto pistol and was wondering how 10mm compares to .357mag especially when it comes to penetration and energy.
>>
>>1059674
>how 10mm compares to .357mag especially when it comes to penetration and energy
That is a dangerous bucket of /k/ memes to open up.
>>
>big net
>lube
>some rope
>make massive trip up trap
>cache my food 5 feet above the ground in middle of net
>bear bag line is connected to trigger
>animal is on net
>animal tries to get food
>animal gets raped or eaten

I also carry a saiga .410 with mostly slugs
>>
>>1055847
Fucking bow. I bet you shoot Turkeys at 5 yards and call it sport.

Any decent airgun can put pellet on pellet at 30m, and is ideal for small game like Rabbits. Cheap as fuck ammo, quiet as a mouse.

They have their place.
>>
>>1058318
You want a nice spring underlever like the the Walther LGU, shoots like a dream out of the box.
>>
What is a good through hiking gun that will protect against bears and mexican bandits?
>>
>>1059740
What trail?
>>
>>1059742
PCT
>>
>>1059744
Can't recommend anything heavier than a keltec P-3AT. Nothing worth carrying would do any good for bears but it'll fend off those filthy cultists and mexicans. Make capsaicin rat shot stuff?
>>
>>1059746
I hear good things about the glock 20 in 10mm
>>
>>1059748

> 27.68 oz unloaded

Do you know what backpacking is?
>>
>>1059596
Pretty much all of the crosman ammo is under 2cpr, including all of these:
http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-destroyer-177pellet.html
http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-premier-hollow-point.html
http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-premier-22-cal-hollow-point-pellets-500-count.html
http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-premier-magnum-point.html
http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-pellets-ldp22.html
>>
>>1059115
>deer can hear the arrow, and potentially dodge it, before it hits them
Someone better tell humanity that. They've been hunting with bows for thousands of years.
>>
>>1059532
well i just went online and found 100 rounds of 22lr for $7.50
So the ammo argument makes sense. it's still an extremely cheap round, so the price of ammunition shouldn't really be a major factor when deciding between the two guns. I can see it being an added bonus, but that's about it.

having to pick up cases is a hassle, but again, it shouldn't really be a deal breaker. not having to do so would just be another added bonus.

being able to shoot in the back yard on the other hand would definitely be something that is a major advantage since you wont have to go to a gun range or out in the woods. you can just set up some cans and have a little fun with your rifle. It still is somewhat irresponsible though.

finally, no matter what rifle your kids are shooting, you should always be watching them and drilling gun safety into their heads before, during, and after shooting. so personally i don't see why it would matter if you have a 22lr as opposed to an air rifle. but then again, i don't have kids so being a little concerned for their safety is understandableand i'll give that point to the parent.

basically, two of the arguments that the parent made should be minor benefits at best. and the other two at least made sense.
>>
>>1059768
>crosman
Its all lightweight inaccurate garbage
> $4.69 plus $3.00 shipping
That's over 2cpr after shipping, no I'm not buying $100 worth of shit to get free shipping so they're *only* 1.76 cpr, because that's sooo much better than 2cpr
>>
>>1059982
Fair enough. I don't disagree with anything you just said.

>>1059990
Try and keep up. The post I replied to said "before tax or shipping," and now you want to include them?

Whatever your personal preference with respect to pellet weight, those ones are fine for plinking and shit. And we are literally trying to compare the CHEAPEST .22lr to the CHEAPEST pellets. So these are up against, like, Remington Thunderbolts, and I would rather have the crosman pellets than the Thunderbolts.

And we're comparing bulk ammo to bulk ammo here, so if you don't want to buy large quantities, why are you talking?
>>
>>1059588
>>1059596
Walmart is always cheap for em if your local store has a decent selection
>>
.44 magnum revolver for predator protection

wrist rocket for killing grouse to eat.
>>
>>1060049
My walmart carries the various .177 Gamo "something other than lead inserted into a mostly tin pellet so they only weigh like 4gr" like their rocket and red fire, and Destroyers. Thats it. Despite selling 3 different. 22cal springers they don't sell .22cal pellets at all.

No, Destroyers are not okay for plinking, they're criminally undersized which leads to fouling and accuracy worse than throwing the pellet. And due to the high tin percentage they're not even worth melting down for scrap.
>>
File: magpul.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
magpul.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Got my first gun a Ruger 10/22, and this here Magpul stock, did I win /out/?
>>
>>1057491
>SCAR-H
Get out cowadootykid
Get the fuck out. It's a SCAR-17 dumbass.
>>
>>1060443
No, you bought into the takedown meme, and the factory synthetic stock is just fine.
>>
>>1060443
I like. Carry CS rat shot.
>>
>>1056753

because you can get air rifles in .25, .30, .40 or .50 and up that make 22lr rifles look like cap-guns
>>
>>1059408
Those truglo or whatever sights they use are really neat, they don't really seem to be as visible when you're aiming with the sight shining towards you.
>>1059414
They make a few models i think, i know the CFX is fixed barrel. The point of a fixed barrel is instead of breaking the barrel to load the pellet in there, you bend a little rod beneath the barrel and it opens a small chamber for you to load a pellet.
>>
>>1059510
And of course the fact ammo is cheaper makes you a cheapass, never change /out/, always stay at your irrationally retarded and bitter level of homosexual autism.
>>
>>1059684
This man is not just a mere rapist, he is a CONSIDERATE rapist, he makes sure he has lubricant before committing rape so his victim does not suffer as much. Truly this anon is a great man.
>>
>>1059768
It obviously depends though, i have a 500 pellet tin of JSB exact heavy which cost 12.50€ and i have a tin of Coal rapid action which cost 5.20$ for a tin of 500. Honestly with air guns match ammo is pointless.
>>
>>1060613
Damn, never seen a .50

Funny fact:

When I was a kid, I was living in the great Democrat Socialist Republic of Cook County, Illinois. I was trying to buy a 1000fps .177 Gamo and the guy at Dick's wouldn't sell it to me without a FOID card.

He was wrong and lost a sale, but there is a fucked up law in IL. To buy any guns in IL, you need to apply for a FOID card first. Firearm Owner ID or some shit where they background check you first. And this law extends to air rifles. Any air rifles larger than .177 that shoot faster than 700fps require the same process as buying an actual gun. So any .20, .22, or larger air rifles with any power, it's just like buying a 30-06
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>1060709
>Funny fact:
No it isn't...
>Some autistic /k/ rant blah blah Illinois = commie guise I swear!!!1
You gotta go back.
>>
>>1060443
That's kind of neat.
>>
>>1060709
Well here in Slovenia you need a license of sorts to own any firearm that shoots 250m/s or more, the majority of stores just put a little valve thing maybe 2mm long that you can easily remove, it's literally there to restrict the gun to shoot at around 190m/s so they can sell it to anyone that's above 18, which is good since otherwise you can imagine they'd have way less sales if you needed a license to buy an air gun.
>>
>>1059684
I feel like .410 slugs have soo much potential, but are often overlooked because of cost and a dearth of effective tactical firearms chambering them. I really want to make a .410 single shot break action pistol. Maybe TC makes a .410?
>>
>>1060734
I looked it up, that barrel will shoot .45 Colt and .410 shotshells. NOICE! Saddle pistol, here I come!
>>
>>1060724
Kek, I have been on /k/ like twice to shitpost.

Go clean that sand out of your vagina.

>>1060728
So do they sell the same models as everywhere else with some little valve added on? Pics?
>>
>>1060724
>telling someone he doesn't belong in /out/
>and it's Bepis
Perhaps you ought to lurk more and acquaint yourself with this board before you make yourself look like a retard again.
>>
>>1058318
I have the exact same air rifle and the shot consistency is total shit - Have to hold a retarded feather grip and let it buck however the fuck it wants, and then maybe 6/10 shots will hit the same group.

Otherwise, it shoots about 3 distinct groups and it's total luck of the draw which way the pellet is gonna head on a particular shot.

Disappoint ;(
>>
>>1060855
Never mind, posts in this thread are convincing me it's the scope being thrown out of whack by the spring recoil.

Gonna try iron sights and maybe I don't have a useless waste of money sitting in the cabinet :)
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1060849
I mean he's probably right.

But I definitely don't belong on /k/ unless it's 100% trolling
>>
>>1060883
Why cat food?
>>
File: IMG_0013.jpg (3MB, 4005x2600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0013.jpg
3MB, 4005x2600px
>>1060894
Protein + Shelf Life

And if you want a hot meal, use it as bait to attract feral cats and then shoot them and cook them up.
>>
>>1060896
>>1060883
This is a meme right? Please.
>>
File: IMG_1048.jpg (3MB, 3998x2737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1048.jpg
3MB, 3998x2737px
>>1060902
Wut?

I mean if you EDC a stapler, it only makes sense to bring a staple remover. I'm just prepared.
>>
File: IMG_5670.jpg (77KB, 640x567px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5670.jpg
77KB, 640x567px
>>1055803
I use muh AK-47 bruh
>>
>>1060925
My sides
>>
>>1060770
sauce me that barrel
>>
>>1060938
>Barrel
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003801030/thompson-center-barrel-thompson-center-contender-g2-contender-45-colt-long-colt-410-bore-1-in-16-12-solid-rib-blue-bead-sight
>They's a frame for sale with that barrel and a .30-30 barrel
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/668800422
>>
>>1060883
>100% trolling
It is.
The difference is they don't suspect it, even though it's true.
>>
>>1059552
Please do
>>
>>1059674
10mm and 357 magnum, at top loadings are pretty much equal. The real difference is the kind of gun you prefer. If you already own a 357 Magnum, there isn't really any reason to get a 10mm unless you prefer the semi auto enough to justify spending several hundred dollars on a new gun and new ammo that is both harder to find and more expensive.
>>
File: IMG_0414.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0414.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1061045
I like to post my knife collection there sometimes.

Another fun thread is when I go to /an/ and start a thread about "Saving The Environment!" and proceed to post 20 pictures of snakeheads with their skulls crushed. Sometimes though you get a couple people early in the thread who know what they are talking about and applaud me for it and it kinda ruins the trolling
>>
File: rps20170715_215425.jpg (15KB, 480x89px) Image search: [Google]
rps20170715_215425.jpg
15KB, 480x89px
Only time i ever kill shit is on my dad's property of about 200 acres. Use an ar15 for ground squirrels, rabbits and wood rats. Might get a boar too if we ever saw one.

Pic related
>>
>>1061087
Pure kek
>>
>>1060994
Just get a .410 barrel liner and wrap it in fiberglass or put it in some tight fitting blackpipe
>>
I never find the need to kill stuff in the woods. I pack food.

If you're talking about hunting for sport, maybe you should be more specific.
>>
>>1060823
I don't know if you would consider this a valve but it's basically just screwed in the chamber so it reduces the air flow slowing the pellet down, literally just take a hex or even a small phillips or flathead screwdriver and take it out.
>>
File: DV3YJx7.jpg (653KB, 4006x2602px) Image search: [Google]
DV3YJx7.jpg
653KB, 4006x2602px
>>1055847
>>1057191
>>1059734

I have one of these, its an airgun, it fires a .357 magnum round and there are videos on YouTube of people killing deer with them at 100yards. I get the snarky "OHHH ITS A HIGH POWERED AIRSOFT GUN" but this thing can fucking kill and its accurate. Most of all its quiet and looks cool as fuck so yeah, airguns are cool
>>
File: 1495401122179.png (15KB, 715x169px) Image search: [Google]
1495401122179.png
15KB, 715x169px
>>1059559
>A bolt-action is fun
>>
>>1060880
You can buy something called a 'Dampamount' which is [obvs] damped. They're not affected by recoil, but any decent quality set of mounts shouldn't be moved by the recoil of a spring gun.
>>
>>1062526
Nice, I'd love a go of one of those.
>>
>>1062588
>There's no such thing as fun
>Emotions aren't real, only calculations are important
Okay buddy.
I can name other reasons to own a bolt-action, though you will probably pretend that semi-auto is superior for every reason and for every application.

Seriously though, "buzzword" is a buzzword, which people like to use to disregard valid points that they don't happen to agree with.
>>
>>1058524
>>1059449
Agreed. Up here in Canada you can pick one up for $250. Bought one and put a tapco stock and holo on it, /k/ going to hate. That said, a 12 gauge will allow you to shoot anything from birds to bear/deer. Have a .308 also.

Thinking of getting a small .22 or airgun for squirrels.
>>
>>1057068
What chokes do you run? Man sept can't come soon enough.>>1057068
>>
>>1059679
The first actual response to this question I agree with. Don't forget that the .357 is more accurate inherently because of a fixed barrel. I own and shoot both and reload for both. Price of ammo is your biggest difference alongside capacity. And the ammo, considering defensive or straight hard cast lead, is basically the same cost.
>>
>>1062588
Holy shit talk about an angry retard "fun is just a buzzword", no fun is plenty justification for something.
>>
>>1062526
>.357 magnum
>magnum
>airgun

please tell me you're not that dim-witted.
>>
>>1064280
If price weren't an option, yes a semi can do everything a bolt can and then a few things a bolt can't.

Thing is, price is always a factor.
>>
>>1064646
That shotgun is old enough it's fixed chokes. All 3 barrel sets are skeet/skeet (in case I didn't make it clear, it was marketed as a skeet gun).

I also have a Win 101 Featherweight that's light mod and improved mod.
>>
Just bought a Savage 64F for plinking and small game. Have to wait until mid Sept before squirrel shooting though, Ontario.

Bear defence? Bringing a 12 gauge Winchester SXP home defender. Nice short 18" barrel, packs a punch. I suppose you could take down small mammals too if you like shot in your lunch.
>>
>>1066915
Large shot and open(ish) chokes is the ticket to not having a ton of pellets in small game.

I use 6's for rabbits, squirrels, grouse, and quail. 5's or 4's for pheasants and chukar.

Usually using either an improved cylinder or improved skeet (extralight modified) choke. Usually only takes 2-3 pellets to kill, and they usually pass clean through the animal.
>>
>>1066776
I like it, and I think it looks cool, I will spend my money how I damn well please
>>
File: 357_Magnum.jpg (28KB, 541x364px) Image search: [Google]
357_Magnum.jpg
28KB, 541x364px
>>1066939
you must have played a lot of HALO if you think that oversized made in china piece of plastic looks cool, but what I was referring to is that .357--> magnum <-- is specifically pic related. That's a firearm cartridge. .357 simply refers to the outside diameter of the projectiles fired. 357 magnum is called .357 magnum (litteraly "big") because it's .38 special with 3.5 mm's of extra cartridge. But go ahead, buy one and put it next to your full-auto glock .50mm assault rifle, you nogunz.

Or you could just get an airforce texan which is litteraly better in every way.
>>
10mm best mm. Small game up to deer and blackies are my bitch.
>>
.̨͇͖̜̞͎̯͔͞͠ͅ2̢̝̞͍͍͙̺̣́͘͡2̸̨̭̯̬͓̞͍̫͓͖̬͚̺̩̯͍͍ ̴̷̧̺͉̘̩̞͢͟i̛͈̖̼͍̬̕s̨̹̺̙̞̭̩͢͞͝ ̨̝̥͓͎̝̼͖͙̞̀́͟ͅṕ̷̨̡͔͉̻̼͓̹͕͓͉̼̫͚͎̞̤̟̗e͉̬̣͚̮͙̟̭͘͠ŕ̵͓̘̗̣̞̱͕͎̭̣͉̩͓͚͚̦̼́͟͝ͅf̶̢͈̼̰̠̹̰͈̦͚̝͚͇͈͇̦͇̝͎̫ę̴̻̤͔̩̻̟͙̱̳̘̦͚̰̻͙͓́̕͝ć͉͔̼͙̥̬͉̖̤̝̞̞́͡t̴̴̷̨̹̹̖͓͚̗͞ ̵̨̰̻̤̥̜̟̞͜͠f̷̶̻̺̩́͘ͅo̵̭͔̜̮̤͍̠̱̜̞̱͇͙̠͖͞ŕ̵̙̠̣͓̙̪͙̝̹̙̬̳̭͙̗ ̼̞̰͎͖̼̜̥͍͓͚̩̳̣͕̼͖̕͞ͅé̱̱̮̟̘̙̼̤͈̙͝v͖͖͉̜̫̥͔̰͎̭̼͔̘̯̝͟͟ę̴͓̳̦̭̝͇͖̩̝̹͚̘͔̀͠ŗ̥̭͖̞͍͖͔͈͚̣̪̰͇̰̺͢ͅy̶̶̞̤̤̼̠̰̻̙͙͙̹͈̱̼̞͉̥͡͝t̴̨̠͙̮̤͟͠͡h̴̡̤͕̪͖͚̣̤̹̥͚͝i̶̡̻̤̞̩̺̮̪̥̘̩̝͙̟̦̺ͅn̶̴̛̟̣͉̩͟͡g̷̢͈͍̬̟̪͠ ̬̞̝̙̤̯̠̪̮͜͠j̸̨̠̳̬̠̣̗̘͚u̶̡͔̗͚͉͖̤̯͙̻̞͚̙͙͙͉̩s̸͕̝͚̳͈͔̻͈̰̬̱̤͘t̷͚̤̟̟͙̮̠̗͉̙̖͈͈̘͔͕͘ ̯͖͇̣̝̜̖͈̞̥͘̕h̸̢̡̥͖̖̬̱̙̯̞̠̜̪a̸̗̟̟̤̜̕͝͡v̸̛̟̱͚̦̳̝ͅe̷̖͙͔̭͕͎̮̼͉̬͖̻͉͕͍̜͚͘ͅ ̡̧̟̘͉̭̯̤͍̩̰̮͠g̶̡̙͉̙͉̳͢o̢̫͖̼̦̩̜̝̥͇̻̖̻̖͕͟͟ò̴̝̮̺͚̞̞͈͕̼̬͢͞ͅd̸̵̪̙͖̫̯̦͍̦̰̯̖̝ ̧̗͔͇̹͕̺͈̰̼͜͠͠s̡̢̺͍͍͉͈̦͈͎̹͡h̺͓͖͚͎̙̖͓͍̝͕́͞ͅo̸̗̖͍̳̘̻͖͉̱t̴̛̝̻̦͍̠̩̱͍̭̘͚̰͔͝ ̸̵̵͈̯̺͘p̵̸͚̣̩͖͙͔̦̣̰͚͇̪̞̬̰͔̯͇l̶̢̨̥͈͓̙͎̺̯̀͞ͅa̴̶̴̧͎̜͟c̴̢̨̥̹͉͇ȩ̵̴̛͇̥̗̹͍̦͉͉̟̳͠m̵̛̤̱͈͔̫͇͍̻̠͎̤̬̟̘̜̭̖͚̟͜͠ȩ̶̥̩̹̭͎̺͈͚͚̤̘͔̬͟ͅn̷̸̺͕̟͓̝̜͍͢͝t̸͔͖͉͖̠̟̩̠̖̤̜͠͠
̸̵̸͈͓͈͙̹͇̳̯͔̣́
̷̳̦͈̳̪̱̱̹͚̼͓͎̯̥͡͝
>>
>>1067326

You dont even need good shot placement with a 22. No matter where it hits them, it ends up bouncing around inside the body, turning it to pulp.
>>
>>1060883
I appreciate that Dashboard Jesus.
>>
>>1067349
Unless they're wearing denim. Shit'll bounce right off.
>>
>>1055803
It really depends on what you're killing.

Small game, use a .22.

Large game, use a rifle or 12 gauge.

2 legged, carry a 9mm or other pistol caliber sidearm of your choice.
>>
>>1059674
It depends on the quality of the ammunition, but the ballistics are very similar to .357 magnum.
>>
>>1057068
why kill small birds?
>>
>>1067548
They taste good and are a challenge.

Also some of them (Eurasian collared doves) are invasive and hurting the native bird populations, and are considered a pest species.
>>
>>1067564
Doves taste good?
>>
I bring a giant mallet and smash rodents/other animals
>>
>>1067928
Trap large game in a conniebear that's chained to a tree and rape it
>>
>>1059746
Mexicans are immune to capsaicin.
>>
>>1060443
What's the weight on that?
>>
quite walk in the woods.
I didn't even have to use my ak, I got to say it was a good day.
>>
>>1067892
Yes

They're red meat but not as gamey as wild duck/goose. Somewhat similar to, although milder than, sandhill crane.
>>
>>1056753
demonstrably wrong
>firearms laws do not apply
>not gonna make a fucking racket and scare off all your targets
>cheaper to buy (usually)
>cheaper to shoot
>500 rounds fit in one pocket
>you can take raccoon sized game with a good .22 airgun
not shitting on .22s, but there's a reason i have a Ruger 10/22 as well as a Benjamin NP XL
>>
>>1057102
i have that backpack
that is a good backpack
>>
>>1057510
do you think that practicing with the 336 may have made it easier /for you/ to load?
loading a tube fed shotgun is pretty similar to your marlin, but i can definitely change magazines on my AR faster than reloading my mossberg 500's tube.
>>
>>1059748
protip: get the glock .40 and a replacement 10mm barrel. they're interchangeable, and .40 is WAY cheaper to shoot and easier to find
>>
>>1059982
> shooting in backyard = somewhat irresponsible
as long as you obey the 4 rules, there isn't any problem
>>
>>1060734
>>1060770
anything chambered in .410 will shoot .45lc and vice versa
most things chambered in .357 will shoot .38
most things chambered in 10mm will shoot .40s&w
anything chambered in 5.56 will shoot .223. most newer guns can go both ways
anything chambered in .308 can shoot 7.62x51 :^)
the more you know
>>
File: IMG_5272.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5272.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
Should I carry a sword innawoods or a polearm?

Gun ain't an option right now.
>>
>>1069507
>the glock meme
>>
>>1071281
Polearms are better for animals, although you can wear a sword. The only logical conclusion is both. Also carry a knife (preferably Ronudel) on your dominant side for stabbing things in extremely close quarters.
>>
>>1071468
Roundel*
>>
>>1069518
This doesn't seem right. I've heard that even .22lr and .22wmr aren't interchangeable.
>>
>>1059399
>>1059402
>>1059529
/out/ comfiest board desu
>>
File: IMG_5302.jpg (17KB, 200x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5302.jpg
17KB, 200x231px
>>1071501
I think with that, one will be able to shoot both, but not the other. Like a 10mm gun will shoot 10mm and .40S&W, but you don't want to put a 10mm round in a gun made for .40S&W.

And it would make sense that .22wmr and .22lr aren't interchangeable in most guns. Pic related.

fwiw I'm not a gun person, just a parrot
>>
File: IMG_5303.jpg (89KB, 760x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5303.jpg
89KB, 760x546px
>>1071501
>>1071759
And I believe 5.56 and .223 are basically the same except 5.56 is normally more powerful. So a gun built for 5.56 will be able to handle the lower pressures of .223 no problem, but the .223 rifle may not be build for 5.56 pressures.
>>
>>1055803
check out the .375 Ruger rifles by Savage and Ruger. 20" barrel< stainless steel, 600-800 dollars. Amazing
>>
>>1055803
Chuck norris
>>
>>1055871
Are you trolling?
>>
>>1057488
Post gunz or shut up. You couldn't be more wromg
>>
>>1059441
It's not "light" for human combatants, M193 is just shit at long distance due to high drag velocity.
>>
>>1060443
Not exactly, but you have my respect. I'm gonna pick one of those up myself. Great taste anon
>>
>>1055831
.22LR meets all of the requirements you just listed in addition to having basically no recoil and very limited report
>>
>>1067548
Crows, for instance, are edible and are a nuisance to farmers. Even if you don't eat them you'd be doing society a favor.
>>
>>1060613
.....why wouldn't I just buy a 30.06 or some other gun in a higher caliber then? I can get a single shot 12 gauge for like 100$ and load it with slugs if I'm feeling cheap.

An air rifle projectile will never get the same muzzle velocity as a gun of the same size.
>>
>>1075010
Because you can skirt a lot of laws with air rifles.

And there are also the people who are just fans of air rifles.
>>
>>1057239
This is easier than what I had to go through in my fag state in burgerland
>>
>>1059115
>I'd say that is a skill issue
It's partially that and partially the fact that a bullet will deliver significantly more shock to the target
>>
>>1075007
>t. Chairman Mao
>>
>>1055803
A fishing rod.
>>
>>1075007
If I see any of you faggots shooting crows I'll pop .22lr in your asscheeks
>>
File: 1501708740451-1.png (3MB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1501708740451-1.png
3MB, 1000x1333px
>>1055807

Murrican here. I own more real guns than you I'm willing to bet but I still love my air rifles. Loved them since I was a kid.

>>1055831

Don't listen to these faggots. They probably aren't even aware that you can get airguns that shoot. 50 cal projectiles. That being said I still prefer the .177 for plinking and fucking around.

>>1055847

You just saw a pellet gun takedown a hog easier than a bow would... lol

>>1055894

But for us who live in murrica tax stamp. Fucking europoor

>>1056753

Because it's a cheaper alternative, requires no paperwork, and ammo is way cheaper than .22, and it's quieter and can be legally suppressed without tax stamps and I can shoot it in my backyard legally and they don't over penetrate small targets like a .22 would

>>1057367

Big difference getting the drop on a bear with a .223 to the head or another vital, than shooting a charging bear in self defense.

Not to mention Polar bears tend to be out in wide open spaces. Where you can shoot one multiple times while it's charging you.

Now a Grizzly that charges you a few yards out of nowhere through heavy brush that will send your 5.56 tumbling.... you're gonna get a shot or three.

I want to make it count.
>>
>>1076417
>HURR CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE
Name one single air rifle that can be had, new, for under $100USD anywhere in America (this includes online) that is even remotely ethical for hunting, in both power and accuracy. Meanwhile I can think of THREE .22lr rifles that can be had new for around $90.
>HURR WAY CHEAPER AMMO
already proven wrong TWICE in this very fucking thread you imbecile.
>requires no paperwork
Neither does a gun in most of America, and in the few places it does, so do air rifles (CA, NY, NJ, MA, DC)
>and I can shoot it in my back yard legally
I could shoot a .50bmg in my back yard legally, and no I don't live out in bumfuck nowhere just not inside city limits.

Air rifle suppressors are next to useless, they offer AT BEST a ~2dB reduction. My Gamo Big Cat is still louder than my unsuppressed 10-22 with CCI Quiets, which coincidentally carry around 3x the kinetic energy of the .22cal pellet even when using ultraheavy pellets that I have to order online, and nearly 5x the kinetic energy of the cheapo pellets you can get at walmart.
>>
I'm a poorfag because I'm in college so I carry a hunting knife and sometimes a baseball bat that I've painted the words "PEACE MAKER" on and put a few spikes on. Never had a need to use them but the knife is pretty useful. I can open locks with it.

For times when I feel real nervous I have a bush axe/ditch blade/whatever you wanna call it. I've got an 85lb draw weight longbow with obsidian-tipped arrows but fuck carrying it all the way innawoods.
>>
>>1055803
>pest control guy
Majority of the time I get jobs to remove feral pigs & goats which are in plague proportions, but we'll also do feral cattle, horses, dogs, cats, rabbits (not many of them any more) deer and roos.
About 60% of the time its a DDV7 in 5.56 which does most of the work, cheap to feed, easy to maintain and compact enough to use from a vehicle or helicopter. Had it a few years now and never had a problem. The 'bigger' problem solver is a MR762 which is used on larger pigs, deer, longer ranged work and anything else big and ugly running around, horrendously expensive and not cheap to keep running rounds though all day- but it does run like a clock and has some fairly formidable accuracy.
Backup rifles we usually throw in the truck are an old Weatherby in .300mag for long range shooting, its practically an antique but gets shit done. Also have a 1980's era BLR in 308 which is nice and compact, light and easy enough to use. Once in a while the Win-70 .270 mag also gets taken out for a play, which is a fine, very flat shooting cartridge with great accuracy.

But mostly we're just hammering the shit out of things with pure firepower as cheaply as possible, not a lot of finesse!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWgx1ClUDro

Chief Aj says all you need is a slingshot you pathetic wimps.
>>
>>1076430

I just bought a Gamo Whisper for 60 bucks you imbecile.

What are you going to hunt idiot? That's always the question that determines what you can and can't use. I'm not gonna pop coyotes with a .177 pellet gun if that's what you're implying you dumb female.

Do you think a pellet gun shooting a pointed piece of lead at 1200fps is not ethical for removing pests like rats, small birds and squirrels?

It's way more than enough as a matter of fact. Shows how little you know about animals and ballistics.

And you're such full of bullshit you've resorterld to lying twice. I don't know about other states, but in CA you definitely don't need a license to shoot pellet guns, no paperwork involved whatsoever.

No matter what state you're in, if you're in the USA and you buy a firearm from the store there is still paperwork to be done. So that makes three lies coming from you.

I don't give a fuck if you can shoot a .50bmg from your backyard while you're fucking your sister ya hick, some of us have important lives and live near or in the city and for obvious reasons can't start plinking in the city. But when we want to go shoot at longer ranges, we can just drive our European sport cars to our private cabins and shoot stuff you wish your whole family put together could afford.

The only thing you're right about is the air rifles suppressors not being good enough. Yeah the ones they come with, put your own and it's just as quiet.

>inb4 cali city fag can't own blah blah blah

Not legally but I still own and continue to shoot whatever I want, nobody says anything in my private property/cabin.

So begonne poorfag, go pester other people with your obviously "i can only afford one thing so I'll shit on you for not using my thing" mentality.
>>
>>1077478
>oh look at this killer fucking deal at less than half what they normally retail for!
Outlier, but good for you I guess. The Whisper's normally $110. It's also about the cheapest pellet rifle that'll actually group well enough to be minute-of-squirrel past around 15 feet. Feet, not yards. IE, close enough you'd be far more lethal throwing the fucking rifle at whatever you're trying to shoot.
>hunt what
Doesn't matter, I do not trust any .177 pellet rifle with any of the cheap .177 pellets to humanely kill even songbirds, due to a combination of poor accuracy and either too little penetration or too little expansion (you seem to be able to get one or the other but not both in cheaper pellets)--I've had Crosman Destroyers fail to fully penetrate a grackle at 10 yards. Wanna humanely kill anything bigger than a pigeon with a pellet rifle? Better fork out at least $350 for a .25cal or larger PCP gun.
>do you think a pellet gun shooting a pointed piece of lead at 1200fps is not ethical for removing [anything]
1. You're not getting a pellet rifle that will shoot 1200fps with a lead pellet, only with the ultralight "performance ballistic alloy" IE tin pellets.
2. No, a childhood of shooting things like grain elevator rats, grackles, pigeons, sparrows, etc with a .177 Benjamin at ~1000fps has conclusively proved they are rarely lethal at all even with good hits and definitely not ethical.
>ad hom, ad hom, ad hom
Fuck you and your nu-male hipster ass.
>put your own on
That requires a tax stamp. If it's at any point detachable or detached (even if it wasn't intended to be detachable) you need a tax stamp. The only reason the air rifle suppressors are okay is because they're not detachable.
>>
>>1077478
>No matter what state you're in, if you're in the USA and you buy a firearm from the store there is still paperwork to be done.
>from the store
Private sales are a thing tho. Even on new firearms.

And no, many states will accept a CWL/LTC as all the paperwork needed for retail sales of firearms, and a few of those states require no real paperwork to get a CWL/LTC. Meaning no form 4473 and no background check for the retail sale of a firearm, literally cash and carry.
>>
>>1071761
It's not just power, but while the cartridge dimensions are identical, the headspace specifications are different. You are correct in your fact that 5.56mm will easily fire a .223, but it's because the chamber of the 5.56mm is rated for higher pressure loads, not only due to powder content, but the effect of larger headspace.
>>
>>1055803
a shotgun for small game
>>
>>1080323
and a 6.5 x 55 for bigger game
>>
>>1076417
How do you like your gay plastic scout rifle?
>>
>>1055803
a bow, some throwing knives, and my sword
>>
>>1080373
You're going to have to be more specific.
>>
>>1076417
I unironically want a Steyr Scout, that's really nice man.
>>
>>1080323
>>1080326
That looks like a proper STALKER outfit comrade, where'd you go? Going out on the 25th, pretty excited.
>>
File: HiVizfront-sight.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
HiVizfront-sight.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
Europoor in Ontario here. Got my deer seal in the post, went up north scouting today and got eaten alive by mosquitos. We don't have them at home so I was a bit (read as: completely) unprepared for being eaten alive. Squirrel season coming up here next month so I'll have my shotgun and .22 out. What's the best mosquito defence?

Also, what an unmitigated disaster the SKS is. Bought tapco'd SKS (case zero mistake). Thought, oh this will be cool so I fitted a red dot on the gas tube handguard, but lo and behold, the entire thing has play in it and jiggles around. So I take off the red dot and try and sight the regular sight - now I notice it's wobbly so I take it out and the fucking thing comes out in two pieces. So I buy a front sight system with little luminous strips on it, but the gap between the pins is wider than the viewing port of the back sight. I thought this shit was meant to be difficult to break?
>>
I just got back from Wyoming/Idaho and I'm jealous of the public land out there. Here in Ohio we don't have shit for public land.
>>
>>1080559
>best mosquito defence?
Permethrin on your clothes + picaridin on your skin plus a Thermacell butane emitter. Will work fine for squirrel season but the durr will smell the butane.
>>
>>1060925
>drum key
sick dude
>>
>>1080559
with the SKS and Mosin, always, always, drill and tap the receiver for scope mounts.
>>
to end this .22lr shitflinging how about i present you with a dank meme that actually has merit

ruger 10/22 charger with an eotech for easy aim and a 100rd drum for dakka if necessary. now you have yourself a yopper with 100 babby shitter bullets if you need to hose some cave niggers/squirrels that has zero recoil and since the ammo is fuckoff cheap you can magdump on all the wildlife without hurting your wallet.

if you have giga autism you could put it in an archangel stock and fix a foregrip on it too
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.