[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are a novice /out/man, you already have set up a ridgeline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: problem.jpg (355KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
problem.jpg
355KB, 1600x1068px
You are a novice /out/man, you already have set up a ridgeline and are preparing to set up in the way described in the image.
You have 4 pegs, the tarp has one hole in each corner. You have two ten meter pieces of rope to attach the rope to the pegs but you are a cheap fuck and does not want to cut the rope. How would you go on tying the tarp? (With making a square set up as indicated by the image)
>>
>>1055795
>two ten meter pieces of rope
jfc just cut the damn rope. You're actually costing yourself more by not cutting it.
>>
>>1055815
How so?
>>
Cut the rope you fucking autist.
>>
Seeing we are in a rope thread. I'm asking for a friend. He wants to tie a hammock and put a tent over it. Would it be wise to do so on the same ridgeline?
>>
>>1055817
Because instead of cutting a long rope to suit your needs, you bought two extra-long ropes instead, paying twice as much.
>>
>>1055821
Put a tarp**
>>
>>1055822
so how would you achieve that without cutting a long rope?
>>
>>1055821
>>1055823
Nope. When you weight the hammock, the ends will come together slightly, putting slack in the ridgeline.
>>
>>1055827
Furthermore, this way when breaking camp you can take down the tarp last in case of rain
>>
File: IMG_6578.jpg (22KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6578.jpg
22KB, 700x700px
>10 m
>30 ft for us burgers
>op doesn't say but assume the tarp is 8x10
>that would roughly be 10ft on either side with an angle out
>leaves 5ft left to tie
Just throw the tarp over the ridge. Thread the line up from the bottom of the first grommet, over the ridge and back down through the second grommet. Tie
>>
>>1055935
Or just cut the rope.
>>
>>1055935
mind=blown
>>
File: mfw.jpg (34KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
34KB, 500x331px
>>1055795
>bringing your own pegs
>not just making pegs out of sharpened sticks
>>
>>1055956
Your friend has only 4 pegs because he could only batton 4 stakes out of the log he cut with his survival chainsaw before his survival tm knife broke when he hit it with his axe
>>
File: 1480357256972.png (228KB, 1192x830px) Image search: [Google]
1480357256972.png
228KB, 1192x830px
>>1055984
I have no friends
>>
>>1055935
This, but knot it at the holes in the tarp so it hangs slack over the ridge line when you snug it up and tie it to the stake, instead of pulling your ridge line downward.

Personally, I'd just cut the fucking rope though.
>>
>>1055795
If I slow down the tarp will explode!!!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.