[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate buying new stuff because its always shit - General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

bought this bag for $109
it was the cheapest thing i could find without buying online,
this is the only resoultion pic i can find of it
its a "Woods" brand bag, and this variation is called "patrol"
it feels like a lot of flashy shit and idek if i can return it because i already made a return with teh same receipt and the cunt stole my receipt for record keeping.

am i fucked? or should i try and get a store credit then get a better bag?
>>
it has this spine thing called a "free flow system"
which keeps the bag lifted off my back for air flow or some shit, but all it fucking does is take up space in the fucking bag.
>>
>>1053806
If you shop at Crappy Tire of course it's going to be shit, you'd probably be better off with a MEC bag for the price. That said, Woods made decent stuff at one point though so it might be all right. At least it's not World Famous or Misty Mountain or something like that.

I think the stitching is the main thing to worry about with lower end bags so bring a needle and some upholstery thread if you're worried. I usually bring some anyway just in case.
>>
File: kiddy.jpg (14KB, 206x274px) Image search: [Google]
kiddy.jpg
14KB, 206x274px
>>1053886
im inexperienced when it comes to bags,
is 40L standard?
in my bag so far i can fit a sweater, 5 shirts, a pair of thick jogging pants, 4 pairs of undies, 4 of socks, and a pair of shorts, plus a few small books, paper, pencils etc

I feel like there should be more room, but 5 shirts is getting excessive ig

im moving coasts and hitchhiking at the same time so im trying to minimalize without getting sentimental
>>
>>1053914
how are you packing, and you probably dont need that many clothes

Generally you just have 1 change of clothes. So you wear a shirt and you pack a shirt, for instance. I usually carry that plus an extra pair of socks though, since I swap mine midday. And of course you have cold weather clothes if needed, obviously wont need it in a temperate climate in summer for example.

It's honestly easier to clean your clothes for trips longer than a week than it is to carry extras (using a stiff brush and water).
>>
File: kiddy2.jpg (15KB, 206x309px) Image search: [Google]
kiddy2.jpg
15KB, 206x309px
>>1053937
im a little concerned about nights, I used to live in remote Canada and even in summer night would get dead cold, i can spare to lose some shirts though you're right,

thank you man!, and the morning rain reminded me that its gonna rain, should i hit up thrift shops for a raincoat or just buy in bulk those plastic ponchos?
>>
>>1054032
Always have a dry sweater. I never understood how people who got lost could get hypothermia in the summer until I experienced an intense thunderstorm in July in northern Manitoba. By the time the helicopter was able to pick me up I couldn't stop shaking and couldn't get warm for the rest of the day/night. I would have been screwed if I had to spend the night in the bush and it kept raining/I couldn't get a decent fire going. It was definitely an eye-opener.
>>
>>1054067
You should have used sticks from coniferous trees since those burn in any weather or season /s
>>
>>1054067
I'd bring a fleece, it dries a lot faster than wool.
>>
>>1053806
>it was the cheapest thing i could find
>its always shit
>>
>>1055729
way2cherrypick im talking about irl shopping within my general area.
I can always get better stuff online, but irl stuff is always shit.
>>
>>1055729
/thread
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.