[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stone throwing and keeping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: i will keep this.jpg (172KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
i will keep this.jpg
172KB, 640x640px
Do you like to throw and pick up and keep rocks while /out/?

Sometimes I roll over big boulders for fun. It's always interesting what's underneath and it's fun to test your strength. I believe I have flipped stones of around 400 or 450 lbs. (or 30 stone in bingbong) I keep many stones from certain camping outings and sometimes a memorable hike. I have one stone that is simply good to rub, very smooth, a sandstone riverbed stone.
>>
I don't remember posting this
>>
File: 995BVH_Mel_Gibson_003.jpg (47KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
995BVH_Mel_Gibson_003.jpg
47KB, 720x540px
Stone throwing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csHo-oiGOPc
>>
>>1053209
Hello I am the OP and this is my thread. Would you like a stone to throw or perhaps hold?
>>
Rock flipping is super radical and bodacious. I see this bear is flipping 650 lbs. (or 46 stone) with ease. That looks about the size of stones I have flipped which required full effort. Maybe I have done more than I thought!

Rock flipping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38q2fDtDDvM
>>
The best rocks for throwing are the size of a baseball and mostly round and smooth. When you throw it hard and proper against a tree trunk it will whack as if you hit it hard with a baseball bat that is when you know you are throwing well.

Throwing rocks.
>>
File: 1480807490237.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1480807490237.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
I like doing this with logs too. My favorite is finding a log or stone
I can get to my shoulders and trying to get it overhead

I think one of the espns used to show this kind of shit, big european dudes flipping stones and logs and pulling cars, highland games or somethin
>>
File: tipsfedoreich.jpg (59KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedoreich.jpg
59KB, 500x435px
Love me a good old rock fight. But yes me and my friends usually play "The lifting game"
>>
>>1053222
Booty worthy of trips.
I'd throw her my rock-hard log
>>
So the OP is a monkey?
>>
>>1053251
Throwing stones is not nearly as much a trait of monkeys as it is of us, actually. They toss their own shit, but with terrible range and accuracy both. Instinctively throwing stones, sticks, and other projectiles is really more our bag, and actually doing it well really sets us apart. It's...kind of why we're the dominant megafauna on the planet right now, when you get right down to it.
>>
>>1053207
>>1053209

is this some sort of strange bait? because i fucking love rocks too. looking for interesting rocks/fossils, skipping them, etc. i have a fond memory of tripping with a group of people and we were all competing to see who could throw the biggest rock into the river

>>1053212
yes
>>
>>1053239
>rock fights
>stick fights
>dirtclod wars

man you just blew some dust off of my childhood feels
>>
File: 133234756376.jpg (22KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
133234756376.jpg
22KB, 317x267px
>>1053207
My five year old likes to do that shit.

Then i throw the out the house when he forgets about them 20 min later.
>>
I remember one of my first trips to southern Utah. Pulled of the highway near Factory BUtte and started flinging small rocks. After a dozen or so I realized that every one of them was in fact a fossil. After check when I got home discovered they were an ancient clam colloquially known as the Devil's Toenail.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.