[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project material

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Plash_Palatka.jpg (52KB, 210x337px) Image search: [Google]
Plash_Palatka.jpg
52KB, 210x337px
I like my plash palatka. I've taken it on several hikes, and I love the feel of the material and how it is quiet in the rain (two things average ponchos do not do).

Anyhow, the thing I like most is using the same for rain gear and shelter. It makes sense to me.
>I'll shit in the rain, watch me.

Anyways I wanna make a bigger one and set it up to my specs. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the same kind of material? I would love to have some raw material. Suggestions on something perhaps better or similar are appreciated! Also tips on use of the material.
>>
Do you maybe have a picture of what your thinking of?
Kinda hard to help you without one.
>>
>>1053183
Is it cotton canvas?
And do you know how it is water-proof'd? Like is it with wax or silicone or is it more like oilskin?
>>
>>1053183
I think the Goretex type material that hunting jackets are made out of would work well. It's waterproof, but it has a fleecy outer texture which makes it fairly quiet and durable. It would give you a much lighter finished product than, say, waterproof canvas.
>>
>>1053530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLGqG7E7tVE
here's a vid of a dude using one. They're not as cheap as he gets them in Russia, but only by like $10 or $15 more. Prolly should've posted a real picture of one not a cartoon.

>>1053580
It could be. It's something treated. I don't think it was silicone (they were making these in WWI). Defintely not an oilskin, but I have been thinking about making one. Got any recommendations considering my uses and tastes?
>>
File: image.png (296KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
296KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>1055985
fuck me, thats over $60 in aus, kinda want one but that by no means cheap. Why cant australia have a decent fucking currency, and why the fuck do I have to buy all the good shit from the US? Australia seriously makes nothing decent, and when they do, they hike the fucking prices up. lucky country my arse.
>>
>>1053739
Nice. I kinda like the multi-purposeness of the thing. Once read something about partican mountain troops from some country. It was described how their "blankets" was their most precious item which they use for everything. When they walked they rolled them up with all their stuff inside of them, made a loop, tied the ends together to close the "bag" and wore them over the shoulder.

>Also, that guy is definitely Danish. I can recognize that English accent from a mile away.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.