[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is the place for my topic but in my mind it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Not sure if this is the place for my topic but in my mind it counts. I've recently been thinking about skating again after years of not touching my board. The culture's so different now from when I used to skate, I haven't even been paying attention to the big shots or teams, nor the board companies, I just kind of dropped it all. I used to skate a lot, couldn't ever get tricks mastered but I rode all over my area in the city. Eventually I gave it up, but now after years of watching my boards sit I want to get back out and see the city without walking or driving, being able to get to places without being in traffic, snagging a rock on the sidewalk and slitting my knee. I miss it, anybody else thinking the same thing or want to share some memories?
>>
>>>/asp/ is probably the right board.

Just bought a skateboard last week after not been skating for 15-20 years. Trying to learn ollie and keep balance...

They make it look so easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJlgatVzks
>>
>>1051358
/asp/ was the right board until gook moot sent wwe there from /sp/ instead of to /tv/ and it became /woo/, now it's fucking trash
>>
Unfortunately there is no good board for this, although slap forums aren't bad. If you want to step on the board go for it, the skate community tends to not be very judgemental of beginners as long as you keep out of the way and don't look like an ass (if you wear a bunch of high fashion shit and the board is an accessory, people will shit on you). If you want to catch up on skating right now, try reading jenkem mag or quartersnacks, they're sort of the most current publications. If it's been a long time since you've skated, you probably want a new setup. Plywood doesn't age well. Most people nowadays skate a board between 8.25-8.5". Don't fall for marketing bullshit, the rest of the stuff just get what you find for cheap. Thunder, Indy, Krux, theeve are all good trucks. Always get bones reds, expensive bearings aren't worth. Wheels, get something around 54mm, spitfire and bones are the main companies making popular wheels but you likely won't really have much of a preference as far as wheels go until you need to start sliding to land tricks. Most of all, don't skate above your comfort zone. I see tons of kids skating in traffic when they're not comfortable ollieing up the sidewalk. Sure the pros do it but they do tons of stuff you can't. Start out at a park or quiet street, once you can Ollie up a curb go to your local park. You progress as fast as you can conquer your fear. Most of all, have fun, Ive been skating for 10 years and still love it. One of the guys I skate with it started when he's was 13 and turns 43 next month.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.