[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knife General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 20170701_141228[1].jpg (707KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_141228[1].jpg
707KB, 2560x1440px
gonna be hitchhiking from St Louis to L.A
i bought this lil guy in case things get rapey
should i even bother opening it and just return it?
it was on sale for the holiday weekend, 70% off came to like $13 something
>>
>maybe ill use to slash my wrists since my pc cant fucking get a picture to stay upright
>>
File: franky.jpg (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
franky.jpg
92KB, 400x400px
>>1049969
https://morakniv.se/

/thread
>>
File: IMG_9532.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9532.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>1049969
Make sure you get a good ferro rod just in case you need to sharpen and/or start a fire!
>>
>>1049969
I would return it. I like Buck, but this is one of their shitty Made In China models.

I guess it'll do the trick for what you want it for, which is essentially a guise of security.
>>
>>1050004
>shitty Made In China model
So? Forever warranty.
>he probably doesn't even shop at Hazard Fraught
>>
File: A1b3rZ-uxAL._SL1500_.jpg (578KB, 1500x1492px) Image search: [Google]
A1b3rZ-uxAL._SL1500_.jpg
578KB, 1500x1492px
>>1049969
>gonna be hitchhiking from St Louis to L.A
This is way more interesting than the knife, you should open a thread anon. Anyway that knife will do just fine, for 10 bucks who cares anyway. If you don't mind a fixed knife then you can buy some mora companion for dirt cheap tho.
>>
sanrenmu 710 is the only cheap knife anyone should ever buy
>>
>>1049969
I have 5 buck knives, 2 of which are the cheaper Chinese made. The Chinese ones are shit in every respect.

The American made ones have really good build quality, but I don't think 420HC holds an edge very well. It is easy to sharpen though and will take a keen edge, and is very corrosion resistant.

I don't have one in front of me to check, but I think the American made ones have a "Made in USA" label on the front, so I'm pretty sure yours is one of their Chinese made hunks of crap.
>>
>>1049969

It'll work.

Remember that if you need to use it, grip it hard and really put your body and arm into the swing or stab (you want to stab, really).
>>
>>1051627
Only if you mean to fight to the death, and even in a stand your ground state that is going to cause a mess of trouble for a hitchhiker to deal with. Slashes are actually more painful, there are plenty of stories about people not knowing they were stabbed.
>>
>>1051632

When you use a knife, you assume that it's generally a rape/death situation, so lethal force can be used.

There was a recent one overseas where a girl scout stabbed a rapefugee in the leg and got away. It obviously worked, and said rapefugee is now in prison; this is in nanny Europe too.
>>
>>1051635

Here's the story. It was a shitty box cutter too.

http://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/2017/06/22/would-be-bangladeshi-rapist-stabbed-by-italian-girl-scout-in-rome/#sthash.kvJVXhlM.dpbs
>>
>>1049969
A lot of people's hand slip during a stabbing and they slide their hand onto the blade. that's why combat knives have big guards.
>>
>>1050045
Mora rules. i love mine
sharpened it myself after a while of use
its a razor now :3
>>
>>1052002
just grip it underhand. unless youre sweating profusely beforehand or you hit them in the sternum there should be a problem
>>
>>1052016
Or, or, and I'm just tossing this out there for those of you that get all your combat information from video games: blood. Blood might be present in a knife attack. Blood is a liquid. It tacks up pretty quickly, but it's slippery for bit first.
>>
>>1052002

It's why you grip it tight.

It's no problem if you do such. You can practice it on trees and shit beforehand if you're worried.

As an aside, slashing, stabbing, and draw cuts all work if someone grabs you; slashing and draw cuts on arms and hands will most likely get someone to let go so you can run. Stabbing into the abdomen and upper legs if you can't get to the neck will work too if you're pinned against the ground or wall.

Situational awareness is the best weapon here, though. You want to avoid areas with shady looking people and lighting, and to run, run and run if you're in trouble. The knife is the last resort O shit I'm about to get a dick in my ass then strangled, deal.
>>
>>1052255

Also,

Knowing how to deploy the knife one handed from awkward positions is a must. That's something you work on.

You may have very limited movement and space.
>>
>>1050045
Thoughts in mora as a knife to leave in my truck toolbox? Currently I only have an axe and a folder in the glove box.
>>
>>1050019
Yeah you can always send it in for warranty work while you are in the hospital recovering from anal trauma suffered during the hobo attack you couldn't defend yourself from because they blade on your shitty chinaknife fell out when it was deployed.
>>
>>1052025
>>1052255

Oh look out, there be real combat warrior elites in our presence...
>>
>>1052486

>knowing how to stab and slice shit properly makes you a real combat warrior meme

I see you too don't understand that knives are used as weapons just as much as firearms today still.
>>
>>1052324

Perfectly fine. Mora Companion is generally the one you want for price and what you get for your intended purpose. The bushcraft has a better grip, but it's probably twice the cost or more, and for what you want of it, you may as well go with the cheaper option.

Go stainless if it's something to leave in a box and forget about. The carbon models are better if you intend to abuse them /out/ (not that you can't do that with the stainless ones, but carbon is generally more forgiving there).
>>
>>1049969
I'd get an EMS knife with a tungsten carbide tip for smashing glass and preferably a seatbelt cutter if you're worried.
>>
>>1052533
Ok, Mr.Stabexpert, have you ever stabbed anyone with a knife like that?

You see I do know how common it is for knives to be used for violence, and I know how common it is for the attacker to injure himself with his own knife.

You think you've got it all figured out, but I think you're an internet warrior.
>>
File: 61PyhB7SILL._SL1500_.jpg (77KB, 1500x450px) Image search: [Google]
61PyhB7SILL._SL1500_.jpg
77KB, 1500x450px
It's all about that boardergaurd smith & Wesson for that edc
>>
>>1052563
HAWT
>>
File: IMG_20170705_214731.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_214731.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
Fell for the meme and copped one today.
Problem is, it's stainless. Did I screw up?
>>
>>1053142
Nope. I have their stainless and their carbon and their stainless is good.
>>
>>1053142
>>1053177

what he said. Mora stainless is 12c27 Sandvik, which is bretty gud (their carbon is roughly equivalent to 1095, which is also a good knife steel).

As for mora designs, I'd prefer the Kansbol - has a better handle, lanyard hole, and a thinner grind on the front half.
Sure - it kind of defeats the whole "$12 knife" idea, but it's a really decent pick.
That said, there's nothing actually wrong with the companion - still a perfectly good knife, if a bit less "refined"
>>
You guys weren't memeing about Morakniv, I bought the stubby Eldris model and brought it on a camping trip and it's definitely going to be my new favorite /out/ pocket knife

I've never gotten a knife scalpel sharp from the factory before
>>
File: 20170706_165921[1].jpg (878KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_165921[1].jpg
878KB, 2560x1440px
OP here, i thought the thread ended awhile ago,
I returned the knife, but I have an older buck knife that has a longer blade, and feels more solid overall, has some weight to it too
>>
>>1053541
I honestly only really wanted the new knife because i thought it had a quick one-handed draw, but the thing was slower then my old knife, so i might as well have something thats a little quicker and a bit bigger
>>
>>1053525
I know, those guys factory sharp is so sharp most guys can't reproduce it.
>>
>>1053541
Is that an actual Buck, or a clone?
>>
>>1053635
no clue, might be a clone, it was given to me by my grandpa, but he's cheap so possibly.
It feels solid though, and i haven't had any problems with it yet
>>
>>1053645
Buck's say Buck on them. And it looks like a clone.

Buck ranger's are a well copied and cloned design. You can buy super cheap/shitty clones for under $10 at those liquidation outlets and other cheap shit stores.
>>
>>1053682
Or I should say, all the Bucks I've seen in the last 20 years say Buck on them.
>>
>>1053525

I like the Eldris - I have two of them. Really good for any kind of woodworking, and also meat processing, because of how comfortable the handle is, and how the belly/tip relates to it - sits really well in the hand when using the knife.

Even though it took a lot of flak for being $25 on release, when a "full size" (as if that made it worth more) companion was $12.
>>
>>1053975

I'm fond of mine because it feels like a god tier tackle box knife

I put a little paracord loop on my sheathe and I hitch it around my belt loop and store the knife in my pocket so that I can pull it out consistently and naturally by grabbing the cord
>>
I can recommend the Buck Spitfire if you want a one handed opening/closing Made in the USA Buck.

I've got some Mini-Spitfires and a full size one.

They're competitive with the Spydeco Delica (mini) and Endura, but at about 1/2 the price of those.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.