[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Live Harvest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I'm trying to collect wild trees for bonsai and having the worst of luck.

Any tips for a noon?

I'm starting with first year saplings, but I'd like to harvest some older trees before too long, when I'm able to keep the young transplants alive.
>>
>>1049750
Bonsai is one of the few times I encourage using seeds. Try foraging pine seeds, they grow fast.
>>
>>1049800
>Bonsai is one of the few times I encourage using seeds.
lol no

OP, how exactly are you doing this? And what species?

Try finding a great branch specimen and use the air-layering technique. You have to get your soil correct though.

Do you have any gardening experience, or are you jumping right into this? Probably overwatering and using dense soil.
>>
>>1049750
Plant them in a big pot. You'll keep them in there for the first 5 years or so. Plant them in the ground before frost. I suggest taking a class. There's a lot to know. How much peat soil to use, when to transplant and how much roots to trim during, twisting off tips in the spring, what buds to keep, plant food, bending what branches, cutting certain exposed roots (secondaries) while leaving others (mains), bark putty, diff gauge wires, diff species require diff shit. Have fun. You may have these for decades.
>>
File: 14990426634471784967113.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14990426634471784967113.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>1049840
I'm attempting transplant, not propagation.

Pic related

>>1050174
>Plant them in the ground before frost.
You obviously don't understand the concept of bonsai.
>>
>>1050852
Yea, I made all that up, ha. Leave them in the pot and bury the pot in the ground. More specific for you? My dad did it for 30 years so eat brains.
>>
>>1049750
>>>/an/2403300
>>
>>1050852
Planting bonsai (pots) in the ground to overwinter is very common. What, you are going to keep your spruce, fir, and hemlock seedlings at room temperature indefinitely?

Forget bonsai, first learn how to take care of young conifers, then work into training them.
>>
>>1050852

shit will never grow in tiny pots.
>>
>>1051500
thanks for the link!

>>1051456
got it. TY for the tip!!

>>1051667
they will grow if I have to suck on them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.