[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 18

File: 20170701_130342.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_130342.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My pack isnt yet complete. But tell me what you think so far.
>>
>>1049649
could lose the couch. I doubt you'll find much use for it /out/ plus it will lighten your load out tremendously.
>>
2/10 - I would scrap everything but the tent, petzl HL, and water bladder (potentially the cook set too but the photo is washed out and I can't see what it is).

Is there a reason you are bringing so much power, 2 clunky knives and an axe?

Your first aid bag is too big, you won't use most of the shit they put in those pre-assembled bags and a ziplock is better for storage.

Sleeping mat is meh. Not what I'd use.

The most important parts of your gear are missing (sleeping bag, backpack, shoes, stove)
>>
>>1049649
You clearly have good individual gear, at least the cutting tools, grans, esee, fallkniven and all but your kit seems oddly off. Show us what you actually carry and not what you have. You're definitely not hiking with two full size knives, axe and no backpack lel.
>>
>>1049649
>>1049696
Didn't realize the headlamp was one of their "deluxe rechargeable" ones. I'd scrap that too for an older style one that runs longer with regular batteries.
>>
I've got a Marmot Helium as my sleeping bag and the stove is an MSR Reactor 1 liter. I wouldn't carry the Esee 5 out if I had my axe and fallkniven. I was just showing some of what I have. My pack is a Berghaus 100liter cyclops.

I'll post more pics after.
>>
>>1049717
Where's your tp? You seem to have quality gear, tune it up to your need and you are set. What's the deal with the solar panel and multiple headlamp tho?
>>
>>1049649
>>1049717
You have a very strange mix of gear.

Good tent and sleeping bag. Decent stove (I prefer liquid fuel). These are all items that try to be fairly light and compact.

Then you are putting it all in a massive and heavy pack. Other items are a heavy axe, large knives, bulky first aid, power packs and solar panels.

It honestly seems like you have no experience backpacking but went to REI and had the sales people give you "the best gear". Then you picked up some other stuff you'd heard of before because you thought it was cool (the knifes, backpack and Gransfors Bruk axe).
>>
>>1049649
Too many memes and artificial shit.
The first aid is a good idea tho, and everything to the right of the first aid is golden, good job.
>>
>>1049649
an axe doesn't seem necessary, especially since you can split wood with a machete and use it for clearing brush and killing teenagers having premarital sex
>>
>>1049696
First aid is pretty essential too, IMO.
>>
>>1049728
I have a smaller 50liter pack for when I do shorter trips bowhunting. This pack is like my worst case scenario, pack all the snax pack.

I'm 6'4" and strong so I really don't mind carrying this gear and have done so many times with bulkier fishing gear + tackle.
>>
>>1049728
Also, I should note that have been researching this gear for over a year and have been slowly builing up my kit. This wasn't some impulse purchase. The second powerbank I got for free because they fucked up my order. I bought the esee a long time ago, and the gransfors because I like it and can afford it.
>>
>>1049725
smaller blue headlamp is just a spare. what is tp?
>>
>>1049759
>>1049760
It all looks unused (except the blue headlamp and esee). I mean, the tent still has a tag on it, the badder and stove are still in their boxes. A $200 stove with Ti pot seems like a waste if you're also packing storage pouches (or putting it in a 6 lbs pack for that matter). There is no coherency in the gear you chose other than most of it being expensive. I never said it was an impulse buy, just that it seems like you have no experience backpacking.

Post a picture of the backpacks and sleeping bag. What shoes are you using?
>>
File: cromagpapa.jpg (89KB, 400x401px) Image search: [Google]
cromagpapa.jpg
89KB, 400x401px
>>1049769
Fair call, I have been mainly doing a lot of trips with my swag to remote fishing locations and wanted to get this kind of gear for hiking into some remote spots to hunt. I'm sick of the huge swag which limits me to areas with car access and hiking back and fourth to sleep from rock ledges.

I have done a lot of camping and exploring on foot and don't really see what difference backpacking is going to be since its just all contained in my pack? I understand the concepts of lightweight but I also have a purpose hiking into remote places, and that is to hunt.

What am I missing in terms of coherency? I mean the stuff I have all has a function? Fits together nicely in my bag, is not heavy?

I am still in the process of buying decent shoes. I'm thinking salomons or something?
>>
>>1049649
You dont need most of that stuff
>>
Why 2 knives
>>
File: DSC00804.jpg (4MB, 5472x3648px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00804.jpg
4MB, 5472x3648px
Do me
>>
File: 1497582698398.jpg (43KB, 700x335px) Image search: [Google]
1497582698398.jpg
43KB, 700x335px
I will probably get my clothes, bag, shoes, and other items together and post this again with stuff I actually intend to bring out on one trip.
>>
>>1049761
Toilet paper, nigger.
>>
>>1049649
Have you used that elixir yet? I just dropped $500 on a hubba because I saw mixed reviews on that one.
>>
>>1049828
light/10
>>
>>1049828
Why a sea to summit and an accordion? Or is it your ass pad?
>>
>>1049759
Even with mid-grade gear like what you have a 50 liter pack is enough to keep you on the trail pretty much indefinitely. I did 3 weeks around Spain with one, and I've done week-long backpack hunting with one.
>>
>>1049828
Hikes for no reason/10
Would be a nice tahr hunting setup in the summertime though.
>>
>>1049773
You keep implying you're going to carry 2 fixed blade knives plus a full size axe on every trip. That's so ridiculously beyond overkill it's not even funny.

When you say hunting, I am assuming big game. In which case you'll probably want something like a Sierra Saw for splitting the pelvis, This, combined with a good fixed blade knife, will fully field process (gut, skin, quarter) any game animal anywhere outside of sub-Saharan Africa, and renders the second knife and axe merely extra weight with no purpose. If you're having to pack out a big game animal you'll want literally every gram out of your pack as you can, because even small deer are pretty fucking heavy.

I have no idea why you could possibly want 2 battery banks and a solar charger, to power 1 headlamp. You're not running the damn headlamp 24 hours a day, a full charge at the start of your trip should last you 5+ days. If you're paranoid of [some potential emergency requiring you to use your headlamp for multiple consecutive hours] carry ONE battery pack. I mean you can't even recharge all the electronics you have, which consists of only 2 headlamps. The other one's standard battery and I don't see a charging cradle for any rechargeable AA/AAA batteries so again it's implied it's fueled with alkaline batteries.

A 100L pack is HUMONGOUS. Like, sherpa-carrying-3-peoples-shit-up-Everest humongous. If you EVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES get it anywhere close to full, you overpacked by 50% or more.
>what am I missing in coherency
Enough GoalZero shit to power a small town, and only half of your small amount of electric shit can even use it.

3 fucking LARGE cutting tools but a canister fuel stove. A pocket knife and your field dressing saw are already more than enough for an emergency campfire.

A nice, light stove, tent, and sleeping bag and then a 10lb fucknormous backpack.
>>
>>1050077
>Hikes for no reason
wtf does that even mean?
>>
>>1050084
Probably means hiking without another activity as the main goal

I.e. Fishing, hunting, bird watching, swimming, sight seeing, game tracking , antler shed hunting, agate/rock picking.

So much shit you can do outdoors that hiking is a part of...many people giving advice don't get this.
>>
File: ULTIMATE JEJ.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
ULTIMATE JEJ.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>1049664
FPBP
>>
>>1050078
Huntingfag here, while I agree OP is a retarded kathmandu "explorer" faggit. Having 2 fixed blades a saw and an axe is pretty handy. I normally carry my bushcrafting knife, a boning knife my axe (a hatchet, not the retarded oversized and massively overpriced shit OP is carrying) and a fold out saw.
Its not that heavy to carry that, so long as you arent carrying a million and one comfort items aswell.
>>
>>1050078
I get what you're saying. I think part of the problem is that I only put some of what I intend to take /out/ + showed some things which I have but not necessarily plan to take out all at once.

Anyways, some electronics which I use in the field that require recharging:

Suunto GPS watch
Portable Speaker
MP3 player
Phone
Headlamp
USB lantern

I always go to remote places when I fish and run out of power, so I bought the solar panel + powerbank so I won't have this problem. If I'm hunting inland (I live in Australia) and I get into trouble, I'd rather have this shit looking after my power supply and be able to navigate, make an emergency call, listen to bludgeoning death metal alone, see in the dark etc...

As I said before, the knives were more of a bragging point. The axe only weighs 1kg so its really not heavy at all.

I agree with the bag part lol, this thing is a monster. Its comfy at least and has a good warranty on it.
>>
File: 1498460489196.jpg (953KB, 2199x2990px) Image search: [Google]
1498460489196.jpg
953KB, 2199x2990px
>>1050180
The Falllkniven Idun is like 8inches long and the axe weighs 1kg? How is that oversized?
>>
>>1049649
looks like none of it has been used.
>>
>>1050272
The fuck is that picture?
>>
>>1050270
Is there that many wooden areas that justify an axe while outing in straya?
>>
>>1050279
Different anon, but im pretty sure its this couple who used to sell human meat in the soviet union.
>>
>>1050288
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>1050291
I cant speak for others, but I dont mind the idea. Humans are just meat bags after all. You do what you have too, the union was fucked.
>>
>>1049649
Wheres your sparkle stick? Also I don't see a full sized Japanese waterstone set, how do you plan on maintaining your blades in the field? Anyways, looks like nice gear. Seems like alot of people are hating on you for packing a hatchet and 2 full sized knives...I usually do the same...mostly because it's tough for me to decide on just one knife and I like to whittle and chop wood while I am out and I only go out for a day or two anyways. The way I see it...if you can pack it and haul it, and it doesn't bother you, then I don't see the issue....it's not like you are hiking out into the wilderness never to return to civilization.

I would recommend a nice folding saw, silky and tajima make nice ones, I have a tajima gsaw and it cuts like butter. I personally also have a small tender box that contains fatwood, natural twine, ferrorod, and a zippo...then again I like making fires while I am out instead of using a rocket stove or something.
>>
File: 1498872180522.jpg (102KB, 854x687px) Image search: [Google]
1498872180522.jpg
102KB, 854x687px
>>1050279
My last /out/ing

>>1050282
Yes

>>1050299
Thanks, pal. Yeah, there might be a couple of times where I'll bring'em all. I need to buy some decent stones too, thanks for reminding me. I've only got a shitty cheap one atm.
>>
>>1050295
>the union was fucked.
Yeah thats something antifa faggots kinda forget.
>>
File: worksharp field sharpener.jpg (315KB, 1274x720px) Image search: [Google]
worksharp field sharpener.jpg
315KB, 1274x720px
>>1050302
Been meaning to pick up one of these to keep in my pack...might be worth checking out.
>>
>>1050302
Hunting and ex freezingworker fag here, decent stones arent much better then cheapo $20 norton ones. I also wouldnt reccomend a fulk sized one for in the field, find some small flat ceramic, the best deals are stones for sharpening rigs. Also carry a steel if you dont mind the weight.
>>
>>1050309
Just get a knife that doesn't need to be sharpened every 5 minutes.
>>
>>1050309

Except on 7+ day expeditions I don't see much need for sharpening in the field.
>>
>>1049649
What flask should I get? I want it to hold at least a liter.
>>
>>1050344
A cheapo stainless waterbottle and a water blader.
>>
>>1050344
Not sure about the flask but I used a geigerrig 3liter water bladder. I need a flask myself.
>>
>>1050041
S2S is a pillow. Accordion is my sleeping pad.
>>
>>1050114
This kit is for a 7 day hike of the GR20 in Corse. It's a 180km hike with 10k height variation. Most people do it in 15 days but I have limited time on the island so I have to make it quick (and thus have a minimal, light kit).

But yes, you are right. This gear is for hiking and hiking only.
>>
>>1049828
Looks gay as fuck. All lightweight gear that isn't durable.
>>
>>1050447
>Bushcrafter butthurt
Pretty delicious.
>>
>>1049755
>First aid is pretty essential too, IMO.
Not that guy, but if you think you need all of the shit inside those pre-assembled first aid kits then try actually looking through every item in there and tell me you know what it's for or how/when/why to use it. My backpacking first aid kit contains some band-aids, neosporin, gauze, safety pin, tweezers, a small roll of medical tape - and that's pretty much it. The band-aids and neosporin cover 99% of what will happen to you, and the gauze/tape is there in case of a larger cut or gash, just to hold you over until you get to a hospital.

If you get into some really serious situation (get mauled by a bear or survive a fall off a cliff), even the rest of the stuff in those pre-assembled kits probably isn't going to be enough to fully treat your wounds, and really, that shouldn't be the point of one of these kits. It should have just enough bandages to keep major wounds clean while you get yourself to a hospital, or to keep minor wounds clean until they heal. It's not going to replace a hospital, no matter how much stuff you add.
>>
>>1050295
Eventually your brain starts to decay.
>>
>>1050727
This anon is right. Also, simply buying a med kit and putting it in your pack is retarded. If you haven't been to a first aid class you might as well fill that kit with shit. It will be just as effective.
>>
File: 1498553627197.jpg (80KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1498553627197.jpg
80KB, 1080x1349px
Aside from all the comments about how coherent the gear is, how do yo guys rate the quality?
>>
i see no proper toiletries in this setup.
>>
>>1049649
> hatchet and two belt knives

You planning to build a cabin out there?
>>
>>1051746
Cabins have been built with less.
>>
>>1049828
>no saw or axe
>walking crutch
>no waterbottle
>toothpaste?

>>1049649
>retarded axe
>two knives
>solar chargers?
>le expensive watch
>>
File: 1497982661987.jpg (33KB, 484x810px) Image search: [Google]
1497982661987.jpg
33KB, 484x810px
>>1051760
OP here,

Once again - it is just some of what I have. It isn't a representation of what I would take out on a single /out/ing.

Why is it retarded? Its an awesome axe which weighs 1kg.

The knives have different purposes? Game processing + survival/bushcraft etc.

1 solar panel and a power banks? Whats the problem here? I like to have my shit charged when I'm miles away in remote spots. I'm glad I bought these.

Watch is fucking dope.

Sounds like a few people are jealous of this shit or something?
>>
>>1051790
Huntingfag here, that is more axe and knife then is neccesarry. Get yourself a small hatchet, lugging around a boys axe is fucking retarded.
>>
>>1051798
its a small forest axe...
>>
>>1051760
You don't clean your teeth?
>>
>>1051810
Use a finger and some ash, or chew on some kawakawa?

>>1051800
Its more then you need.
>>
>>1051816
Why would I need a 'small hatchet' then?
>>
>>1050749

Just for completeness -

It's not so much brain decaying in the traditional sense of decay, but an accumulation of prion particles forming amyloid plaques (as in Alzheimer's, for example). These are then removed by the body in an attempt to repair the site of accumulation. However the cells of the brain are not at all good at this, and you are left with holes from the removal, since brain tissue is fairly non-regenerative. Hence the name spongiform encephalopathy.
>>
>>1051760
Don't need a saw/axe because I won't be making fire. There is a gas stove in the pic and I'm purely hiking.

The pole is used to pitch my shelter. It's also awesome to have for crossings, downhills and fending off aggressive dogs

Yes, I clean my teeth. It's like 20-30 grams, who cares.
>>
>>1049649
What's that bottom knife?
>>
>>1050727
100% agree.

I have 2 separate first aid kits.
>boo-boo kit
Small assortment of regular bandaids, 4 small butterfly bandages, moleskin, neosporin, and a safety pin. It lives in the lid pocket of my backpack and weighs less than 2oz
>bleeder/blowout
This is for serious injuries and contains a CAT tourniquet, an Israeli bandage (pressure dressing), and a pack of quikclot gauze. It's kinda heavy but for something that could potentially save your life I'm okay with that. If ALL I did was backpacking I might forego the quikclot but I hunt and shoot recreationally in remote places and it buys peace of mind.

Also, >>1050757
is correct. Get some good learnin' on how to use what you do have.
>>
>>1049649
What gear? I see a collection of expensive outdoor memes. Great job using amazon.

Fucking at least have a mostly complete kit and pull off the tags before you make a goddamn "I bought sum shit" post. You obviously paid close attention when anons were going on about their favorite knife/pot/whatever to jerk off to, so why ask for validation now?
>>
>>1052624
Fallkniven Idun Northern Lights 5
>>
>>1049859
>>1049761
don't listen to him. tp is short for town portal (scroll)
it's in case you get ganked in the woods, just quickly tp out back to the fountain.
that is if they can't stun you.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 544x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 544x408px
>>1049649
>hydration engine
>>
>>1049649
all you need for 1st aid is thread, needle, super glue, duct tape and some gauze patches.
I hope there is a hammock there.
Not having a altoid fishing kit....
no rope/paracord
>>
>>1052860
It's okay, poorfriend. I'm sure you have as much fun /out/ as he does, despite your inferior gear.
>>
>>1049649
Ditch the solar panel, just get a couple smaller chargers.
And ditch one of the knives, or both and get a light folder.
As for the axe, I'd get a smaller hatchet or hawk or ditch it altogether.
You're going to regret it when you finally get all your gear together and your pack is 60 lbs.
>>
>>1049649
Already probably weighs more than my 3-night pack. That includes clothing and food and the pack itself.
You're just a gear queer who got giddy when he saw Amazon would take $50 off your total when you sign up for their credit card.
>>
>>1055119
>projecting this hard
Why u mad tho ultralight queer?
>>
>>1055176
I have come to the realization that ultra light queers are all anorexic manlets.
>>
I'm going out monday with a bunch of people. 2 day camping on a remote beach. The green bag is a hammock. The yellow square thing is a 3x2 meter tarp (the ones you use on construction and gardens). 20 meters of some good rope, 10 of guylines, 4 ramen packs, gauze and thing to tie gauze. The blue thing is a blanket I got at declathon that is very comfy. Not pictured :
>5 liter water galon (those you buy off wallmart ) I have to carry for other people
>a small pocket knife
>a small but potent flashlight
>notebook and pencil
>anorak
>matches
>1 or so kg of nuts, potatoes, salt, apples and other foods
>a tad of cheese
pls rate. This is the first time I go out. The tarp fits in the place where people put those waterbags in the back of the back pack. Which is a good thing.
>>
File: foto_no_exif.jpg (1MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif.jpg
1MB, 4160x2340px
>>1055313
well fuck
>>
>>1055313
I don't know how to rate you considering I don't know what gear you have between your camping buddies.

5 gallons of water is 40lbs, btw, fuck that, make them bring their own.
>>
>>1055196
Im a lightweight queer (not ultra, I like to actually cary important shit). Mainly because most of my outs are fly fishing or hunting and rifles and rods arent light, especially when youre carrying them up mountains.
>>
File: wipes.jpg (365KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
wipes.jpg
365KB, 600x900px
>>1049649

A collapsible or nesting wood-burning hobo stove, cookware, and a water filter, preferably something you could use inline in a gravity feed so you wouldn't always have to boil water if you didn't want to. A magnifying/fresnel lens, 100' of rope and some 'beaners. Stainless wide mouth water bottles. A cheap/light hammock for lounging.

That's about all I can think of without getting too carried away, you still have to pack your food and whatever clothes you'll need. Maybe an umbrella and maybe a fannypack to take small kit with you for when you're away from camp. And a folding saw, and that's about it.
>>
>>1055516
Yeah, sick ideas.

I have some of these already. In the process of looking for good wood burning stoves now.
>>
File: CK406_Compass_4_militaire_01.jpg (263KB, 1631x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CK406_Compass_4_militaire_01.jpg
263KB, 1631x1080px
>>1049649

No compass or maps?

As much as I love GPS devices and phones, I'm a bit paranoid about stuff breaking, thus having some navigation options is a nice thing (they don't weigh much).

UNLESS you know the area you go to, that kind of solves all navigational problems.
>>
>>1050078
>A 100L pack is HUMONGOUS. Like, sherpa-carrying-3-peoples-shit-up-Everest humongous.

This.

I mean, I've seen people do three week trips in Finland's Lapland area, bringing food etc. with them in a 75 liter backpack.

However, if you bring extra clothing for winter conditions, extra space is nice.
>>
>>1055576
My watches both have compasses. One of them is solar powered.
>>
>>1055465
Oh fuck. I was mindfucked by units. It's a 5 liter ppplastic bottle thing, which is about a galon. I mean, I'm taking enough shit for me to live alone for two days. All I'm relying on them for is bread and a gas stove.
>>
>>1049828
>walking stick.....
Unless you're handicapped in some way, why?
>>
>>1049649
>>1049828
Lack of compass/10
>>
>>1055737
Pitching a tarp.
>>
>>1055748
>pitch tarp
There are these amazing things you can find in the woods called sticks/branches
Also paracord....

dumb as fuck...
>>
>>1055882
>stop liking what I don't like reeee!
The post
>>
>>1055991
>stop liking what I don't
anon asked to be r8ted.... don't like the feedback, don't ask
>>
>>1050727
This. But I would (and I do) carry with meself CAT (tourniquet). Shit weights near to nothing and I'm just used to carrying it.
>>
File: IMG_0603.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0603.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
This is my sleeping bag, in a compression sack. I just bought an Osprey 65 and this fucker barely fit. The sleeping bag is a generic Colemans sleeping bag that I got from my family after we camped like once when I was growing up.

I hate the "gear game" because my new pack was the last item I actually need for overnights. I did one over the 4th but was pretty exhausted after one day and I seriously feel my sleeping bag is most of the weight.

What's a good sleeping bag I can upgrade to that won't break the bank? Osprey pack was a bday gift to myself so I'm done dropping mad $ for the year.
>>
>>1049649
>no painkillers just in case
why even leave the house?
>>
>>1056223
>I hate the "gear game"
>I seriously feel my sleeping bag is most of the weight

One day you will realize that the "gear game" is just people with enough disposable income to buy gear that is lighter and packs better, and this is hated because you're not dragging 90+L bags full of junk you don't need out innawoods

I don't use sleeping bags it's too hot most of the year
>>
>>1056223
Marmot makes some pretty small 45 degree bags.

Also, it's not the "gear game", your sleeping bag is just car camping shit. Same thing happened to me when I first started backpacking.
>>
>>1056506
How the fuck is a sleeping bag "car camping shit", you dumb fucking nigger?
>>
>>1056529
It's car camping shit when it fills a 65l pack. Proper backpacking sleeping bags go much much smaller, even under $100.
>>
>>1055882
Having 1 pole guaranteed gives me peace of mind above the treeline or in the desert. Besides that, it's only 150g and multifunctional (crossing rivers, steep downhills, fending off dogs, etc..).
>>
>>1050309

I bought one of those a few months back. Been taking it on most trips so far.

Works/10 would highly recommend. It's not too big if you're going on bigger trips and sharpens well imo.
>>
File: SWEDNL5n.jpg (35KB, 800x347px) Image search: [Google]
SWEDNL5n.jpg
35KB, 800x347px
OP here,

I just bought some new shit. Hell stoked, aye. My kit is coming together nicely. I just made some cord lanyard for my GB axe which will act as a bow drill if I ever need it.

Once I get some decent boots, I'm set to travel the world.
>>
>>1056506

Yeah, you're right.
>>
>>1058925
You're delusional. The only thing you've achieved so far is falling for the capitalist trap of acquiring more "stuff". You don't really need any of the gear you bought, and for the things that you do need there are cheaper alternatives. You've been manipulated by manufacturers, the internet and other media to spend an insane amount of money on products that are entirely redundant. All this time, you could've already been /out/ with a basic gear setup, but you chose to sit inside your house, behind your computer, and just buy a bunch of shit online. Well done anon.
>>
>>1058976
Nah, this shit has warranties and made with quality. I'd rather own good shit than have to constantly replace poo-tier gear... I've fallen for that poor man logic with fishing gear many years ago until I woke up.

Enjoy having budget-o gear, pal.
>>
>>1059037
Different anon here, but what youve done is overlooked good shit and gone straight too retardsville. I worked as a logger and doc ranger, people who do this shit for 9 hours a day still use husqy axes and restored sandviks.
Learn to shop smart mate.
>>
>>1059038
I'm a bushcarer here in Australia. I use related gear for 8+ hours per day too. I just like quality shit? Have a good one.
>>
>>1058925
Post complete setup, faggit.
>>
>>1059044
I will when it all arrives, knob jockey.
>>
>>1059040
>bushcarer
>lanyard on axe
>doesnt already have decent boots and an axe
stop bullshiting mate.
>>
>>1059073
Lanyard is in a small hatchet and I made it so that it is detachable.

My work boots don't provide enough ankle support for what I plan to do as well as I need new /out/ shoes which aren't thrashed.

Work tools stay at depo. I'm not getting dye all over my own GB axe...

Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>1059085
If your gonna larp atleast do a convincing job.
>>
>>1051836
Only if you eat someone infected by the prion. It's unclear whether prions even explain Alzheimer's.
>>
File: data1.jpg (20KB, 241x250px) Image search: [Google]
data1.jpg
20KB, 241x250px
Compass is missing, but the rest is good stuff. How is the Naturehike mat treating you? Can you compare it to the Thermarest mat?
>>
>>1049664
lol
>>
>>1056577
honestly this may seem retarded but I have used this sleeping bag for 2 years on many trips and it works great. keeps me warm during summer nights but cool during daytime naps

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ohuhu-75-x-34-Sleeping-Bag-with-a-Carrying-Bag-for-Temperatures-48-F-to-59-F/101430429?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=2762&adid=22222222227056408820&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=159933302782&wl4=pla-267507456129&wl5=1019973&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113126187&wl11=online&wl12=101430429&wl13=&veh=sem
>>
>>1059191
I have stated numerous times:

The watch has a compass, altimeter, barometer etc... my other watch also has a GPS.

Watch shown is a G-SHOCK Mudmaster

Other one is a Suunto Traverse Alpha

Look'em up.
>>
>>1059191

The mat is a Thermarest Xtherm. Its god-tier and shits over everything I've used ever.
>>
>>1059433
Your not very responsible with your money are you?
>>
>>1059471
Yeah, I have a lot saved. How would you know?
>>
>>1059471
Why do you care how other people chose to spend their money? Are you, dare I say it, a filthy communist?
>>
>>1054994
>just quickly tp out back to the fountain
>not having the courier deliver your rapier midgank
i shig my nig extra salt on the dig
>>
>>1049649
>HYDRATION ENGINE
I don't know what it is, but it sounds gay.
>>
>>1055316
You don't need tent pegs for your tarp if you're using a hammock : obviously there will be trees to tie it to. And the tarp is probably lightweight enough to make pegs out of small branches anyway.
>>
>>1049755

Most of those pre built are like 70% full of band aids and alcohol wipes Better to build your own, build it around your first aid training.

You'll see ppl with suture kits, hemo clamps, or a decompression needle, yet have zero idea how to use it.
>>
>>1062368
sand and no large stick sticks. The tarp is one of those you see in construction sites/trucks I could not find a nylon one
>>
>>1055882
>assuming everyone ONLY GOES TO THE WOODS

>>1059433
aare you dumb? a 'compass' in a watch is DIGITAL. It's not the same as an actual, analogue, needle in a bubble, compass.

If you're happy with your watch compasses for navigation thats fine, but acknolwedge that a watch compass =/= an analogue compass.

Plus it has LOTS of dowsides compared to a regular compass, such as lack of baseplate, deliniation, scale markings, and a rotating bezel for point to point navigation.

I am not claiming to be an expert, but I sure as shit take my suunto compass and a paper map with me when I go into the mountains.
>>
>>1049649
Ditch the goal zero garbage and one of the knives.
>>
>>1062261
>Implying you're rich enough for a rapier
Get out of here plebian
>>
>>1062593
I think I use such a tarp as well and I never needed pegs, even in sand. Anyway, take my words for what they are : an advice from some anon who don't know where you're going /out/. You should just do it like you feel it, that's how you gain experience.
>>
File: 1499957361533[1].jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1499957361533[1].jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>1063105
I ended up using the pegs. The front part is untied and lifted to show the hammock. I almost froze to death :))))
>>
>>1062600
I also have an analogue compass. The watch compasses work great. I can plot and upload maps I want to use to go off trails. I've measured them and its accurate to within the meter.
>>
>>1049649
> i already know you are retarded who seriously takes that quarter inch thick knife anywhere ?
>>
>>1049649
Your backup literally has aids.
Get a good folder. Check out a Svord friction folder. If that primary fixed blade is an Esse or a Rat, it won't every break.
If you must have two fixed blades, make the back up a mora
>>
>>1051790
I don't think jealous it's just mismatched expensive shit. No doubt it's good stuff but looks like you went for most expensive instead of what would be best for your situation. Plus half of it is boxed up. If it works for you, great. Just a weird set up.
>>
>>1056223
Check out Sierra Designs. They have some great sleeping bags, quilt, and "Backcountry bed" options in down and maybe synthetic too that are priced well. I have the Backcountry bed elite and it's absolutely phenomenal. You can usually grab something off REI Garage or Steep and Cheap (sorry if you're not in the US) for a>>1056492
Sub $200
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.