[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without water and food for a day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1103.jpg (169KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1103.jpg
169KB, 1067x1600px
So, fellow people. After trying to find something about it, and finding nothing useful (all was about detox diets and that stuff) i come here to ask you. Tomorrow i have an activity we do in ninjutsu, a martial art I practice. Its called Gotonpo and its more or less a fast intense class about different /out/ situations, actions and usefull stuff like mapping, orienting yourself and things like that. The thing is that during 24h we are not alowed to drink or eat. So i was wondering, since we start At 12, what should i eat for breakfast (ill take it At 8). Can you give me some advice?
Thanks in advance
Btw, the temperature will be around 10-20°C.
>>
seems like a bad idea to be doing intense physical activity without food and water
>>
Nice bait.
>>
>>1049497
Actually its not that intense. Its more like a class, different things are teached, in the woods of course, but you spend most of the time seating on the floor and practicing things like knots or ways to start a fire
>>
>>1049501
Sorry it seems like that. Im honestly asking for a good breakfast before one day without water and food
>>
it's just one day. that's an easy fast. drink a bunch of water some hours before you go and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1049514
And for the food? The only useful thing i've read is that you should eat salty food before, because it helps to retain liquids
>>
>>1049517
imo you're overthinking this. say ten hail Marys and rub some wood Ash on the top of your right big toe. you'll be fine.

eat a normal breakfast or don't. you'll be okay.
>>
>>1049517
Apples are very good at holding water in your stomach. I wouldn't be too fussed about the food aspect. I would worry about getting all light headed and weird due to not drinking. I would look into foods that will retain water in your stomach. This way you can camel a bunch of H2O can stay hydrated for as long as possible. Other than that. Complex carbs. Anything that'll release energy as slowly as possible.
>>
>>1049494
>The thing is that during 24h we are not alowed to drink or eat.
say goodbye to your kidneys
>>
>>1049817
3 weeks with food
3 days without water
3 minuets without air
3 seconds without thinking

Deep stuff.
>>
>>1049821
1) people have died within a day from dehydration. general rules of thumb only apply generally. sitting on your ass for 3 days in shade may be okay running around in the heat for a day without drinking is not.
2) you can still live with fucked up kidneys so again it does not actually counter what i said.
3) you are a faggot for doing fagjutsu.
>>
>>1049835
You are correct on all accounts.
>>
>>1049494
Don't eat a large meal no matter how tempted you'll be. If you drink or eat too much, you'll want to piss or shit, and that'll reduce your fluid level, dehydrating you more.
>>
>>1049939
>shitting dehydrate you
only if you got the runs
>pissing dehydrate you
pissing removes shit from your blood that does not belong there this includes too much water.

not drinking to preserve water by skipping urination is retarded.

>>1049517
this is not half bad if you expect a lot of sweating. generally you don't want to decrease the kidney functions. especially not during exercise.
>>
>>1049494
If you have multiple days to prepare, it's a good idea to make sure you're properly hydrated in advance. It takes four days or so for the body to fully hydrate, so make sure you're consuming plenty of water the week before you go (a gallon a day).

Adding ginkgo to your breakfast may help to counter the head-fuzziness that happens when your body's running low on simple carbs.

Have fun, learn stuff, report back after. Slow board, thread will probably still be active.
>>
>>1049997
I didnt say to not eat or drink, I said to not overeat or overdrink.
>>
File: myman.gif (874KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
myman.gif
874KB, 400x223px
>>1049494
>Those boots
My dude.
>>
For running we put chia seeds in our water and drink it. It will turn the water kinda goey but it will retain more water in your body cuz it digests slower then water or something like that.
>>
File: Furoshiki-vibram.jpg (269KB, 1500x714px) Image search: [Google]
Furoshiki-vibram.jpg
269KB, 1500x714px
>>1050120
dude they aren't even vibrams
pic related weeb master race
>>
>>1049835
But people have survived longer than 3 days in the desert while jogging without water
>>
File: tabi.jpg (11KB, 337x395px) Image search: [Google]
tabi.jpg
11KB, 337x395px
>>1050558
>Implying Jika Tabi aren't the ultimate weeb boot
You have much to learn, grasshopper.
>>
File: 81XcF-VxLFL._SL1500_.jpg (187KB, 1500x1161px) Image search: [Google]
81XcF-VxLFL._SL1500_.jpg
187KB, 1500x1161px
well, it was better than expected. the hunger was no problem. the water, just during daylight hours. in the night, mostly thinking about juicy fruits while doing the excercises.
>>1049813
didn't had apples, but i'm noting that for next time. about the carbs, i had as many as i could, with some cinnamon, wich i heard it also slow the release.
>>1049835
why so much hate? it's a good and complete martial art.
>>1049939
>>1049997
>>1050024
had been eating lots of fat for 3-4 days before the day, and drinking more water. definitetly a good advice.
>>1050120
>>1050558
>>1050663
sorry, pic is not me. actually, i was wearing chiruca boots, best kind for me. most of the participants, wore boots too. but i give you that, some wore tabis, although not the ones in the pic, but the "outdoors" ones, an expensive but very durable and good for /out/ing (pic related)
>>
>>1051091
Welcome back OP. Share with us some things you learned. Fourdayhydrateanon here, am interdasted.
>>
>>1050625
Pls give a source I actually want to see this
>>
>>1051102
well, is as i said. no real problem over the day. just felt my brain a little bit slower, but remember that we were also awake all night long, so could be both things.
When we finished, i drank my 1L water bottle in small sips over 15 minutes. like 2 hours after that, drank like 1l of acuarius. and back to normal. for the food, i wasn't even that hungry. actually had to force myself a little bit to finish my sandwich (it was a big one, but still, no food for 24 h)
>>
>>1050024
>4 days to fully hydrate
This guy hasn't been cutting weight for an MMA bout.

>>1050558
>hey look, we've invented a new, inferior kind of shoe design. Please waste your money for our novelty!
>>
>>1050625
could be some bushmans humans can be tough as nails, and you can adapt to crazy shit, others died within a day tho.
>>
This is THE GAYEST thread in a long time.
>>
>>1051512
no that would be the batoning thread
>>
>>1049494
Thats pretty badass.

Can I be you please?
How old are you. When did you start.
>>
>>1049494
Eat foods way low on the glycemic index. High GI foods will spike your insulin response, which will drop your blood sugar, which will make you hungry faster.

Also, this sounds dumb.
>>
>>1051572
When did you start ninjustsu, that is?
>>
File: 070502_buschow_vmed_5p.grid-4x2.jpg (21KB, 308x412px) Image search: [Google]
070502_buschow_vmed_5p.grid-4x2.jpg
21KB, 308x412px
>>1049494
Soooo is OP Kill ?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18443746/ns/us_news-life/t/man-dies-taking-survival-test-under-guides-care/

>man died of thirst during a wilderness-survival exercise designed to test his physical and mental toughness, even though guides had water. They didn't offer him any because they did not want to spoil the character-building experience.
>>
>>1052039
>people will actually pay $3,175 to get traipsed around a bit of desert on a "wilderness-survival adventure character-building experience"
How do you miss the point of being /out/ this fucking hard?
>>
>>1052039
well you can't say he wasn't asking for it.
the guides are assholes when one has cramps and hallucinating it's no longer a dig deeper kind of thing but a fucking emergency.
>>
>>1049497

He'll be fine without food. The body can go up to 30 days without food. Water I agree he should drink, even if it is below 70 degree for him.
>>
>>1052048
This.
>>
>>1052091
the sad thing is he probably trusted the "experts" to set a frame that lets him get experience and have fun in a safe environment. but at the point he was talking to trees they should have intervened, that some pretty big red flags they missed /ignored.
>>
>>1051572
8 years ago
>>
>>1052549
This is why the scouts don't do shit like that. 'Always be prepared' is the only intelligent philosophy for bushcraft and survival.

You don't build a fucking immunity to dehydration. You can't train that away.

Good training would teach you how to access water, not starve you from it. But apparently if you tell someone something stupid makes them a Ninja they'll jump on board the stupid train.
>>
>>1051107

I do that every year for Yom Kippur. The tricks are to keep your activity level low, avoid high heat and the resulting dehydration, and start out fully hydrated. Then even going without water is fine. The main thing is to be careful and spend your calories/water sparingly.

One year I had a mocha frappuccino right before sunset. The barista was a friend of mine and mixed in three power packets (protein/vitamin mix, no longer available). I wasn't even hungry the next day, nor was there enough in my gut to dehydrate me. It felt like cheating.
>>
>>1051104
!kung hunters
>>
>>1050356
Or flax seeds if not a hipster faggot buying overprized meme foods
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.