[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christopher Mccandles:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3126.jpg (39KB, 429x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3126.jpg
39KB, 429x343px
What a retard.
Also fuck hipsters and Pearl Jam!!
>>
Good thread.
>>
Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.
>>
>>1048706
Pearl Jam is great, eat my ass faggot
The rest of your post is correct though
>>
>>1048714
Get this shit on /o/ right now.
>>
>>1048718
If only they did more of this shit
http://youtu.be/aDaOgu2CQtI
instead of faggit "I was born in the 90s" songs.
>>
>>1048706
What the movie doesn't tell you is that there was a trolly less than half a mile away from where he decided not to cross at
>>
File: IMG_3068.jpg (26KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3068.jpg
26KB, 443x332px
>>1048739
Gotta love unprepared "nature" fags.
>>
>>1048732
>vevo

Everything vevo puts out on youtube is pleb trash, just so you know.
>>
>>1048718
No. Eddie Vedders voice sucks and has been copied by a bunch of talentless chode sniffers. Not only is Perl Jam terrible. But the backed up tolite of horrible 'alternative rock' music they spawned puts them in the same category of half wit artists such as 'nickel back' and 'puddle of mud.'

On Mr. Mcandles. Also an underservingly worshiped chode sniffing vagabond.
>>
>>1048753
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This and only this.
>>
File: IMG_3129.jpg (52KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3129.jpg
52KB, 443x332px
Umm no sweetie!! He was discovering himself and being amongst nature.
>>
File: 1498769822623.gif (831KB, 200x136px) Image search: [Google]
1498769822623.gif
831KB, 200x136px
>>1048753
Stop reminding me of the late 1990s when I was stuck with "friends" who had no fucking taste in music at all and listened to the radio like it was air they needed to breath.
>>
File: IMG_3132.jpg (26KB, 437x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3132.jpg
26KB, 437x336px
>>1048785
>>
>>1048753
I'm not a big Pearl Jam fan, but lumping them in with Nickelback is a bit retarded. Then again, I've sniffed a few chodes in my day.
>>
>>1048739
And a ranger station with food/supplies also close by.
>>
>>1048874
>>1048739
>In to the Wild
>man is mentally ill
>man shuns society, gives his money away, burns the rest of his money, identification, credit cards, gets his vehicle caught in a flash flood, becomes a filthy vagrant hitchhiker, changes his name to "Alexander Supertramp", kayaks to Mexico illegally, loses kayak in a dust storm, goes to California, shuns civilization again,
>man goes innawoods in Alaska and lives in an abandoned bus for 4 months, and was most likely the person that vandalized the supplies of food caches (he was a really stupid, mentally ill person after all, who wanted to destroy everything he had available to him from civilization)
>man dies from equal amounts of stupidity, ignorance, and starvation (and from being injured)
>enterprising Jewish author decides to write a book about it to make money from someone else's tragedy
>another enterprising Jewish guy decides more money can be made from the mentally ill innawoods guy and decides to make movie about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_%28film%29
Budget $15 million[2]
Box office $56,255,142[3]
8 awards
>>
>>1048706
Something tells me hed still be alive if 4chan was a thing back then.
>>
>>1048753
This nigga knows
>>
Into Thin Air is a much much better book.
>>
If Timothy Treadwell was alive today, would his bear videos make him a more popular Youtuber than Primitive?? I think so.
>>
Pretty good movie tho
>>
I pray 100 more idiots like him die in the woods every year
>>
>>1048880
>talking shit about Krakauer
>>
>>1048880
Better he lived vicariously online, amirite?

Much better to compulsively use social media and think you are connected and a mini-celebrity then to actually take risks and live your own life.

There are worse things than death.
>>
>>1049149
He's even recanted much of what he wrote in the book due to people harping on about inaccuracies and bullshit.
>>
>>1049168
>There are worse things than death.

There's nothing worse than death, because when you are dead, that's it, you're fucking dead.
>>
>>1049182
What a relief that will be.
>>
>>1048714
Fkn 5-star poast
>>
>>1049168
Hmmm, i get where you're coming from but the arrogance and narcissism of this fella ended up being lethal.
This histrionic individualism they keep pushing at us never was very tasty.
>>
>>1048714
i wish i could remember the movie so that i can compare, was it really that bad?
>>
>>1049192
That's more about the actual account than the movie or the book. So, the movie and book won't have some events. Like how the movie changed some facts around.
>>
>>1049182
Still better than to become somebody's rape pillow for few years and then dying.
>>
>>1049247
You will never know. When you die, you'll not be able to ponder that.
>>
>>1049191
>This histrionic individualism they keep pushing at us never was very tasty.

They do the same thing with prepping. They show it on TV and in pretty much all media as a solitary isolationist thing. That's literally as far from the truth as you can possibly get. Literal night and day type thing. For prepping, you are supposed to include all your local neighbors, friends, and family. It is a group effort.
>>
i read that book in high school
>>
>>1049192
>>1049199
Its not a bad story, just a little overrated in the outdoors community.

He did take down a moose with a .22 though. Which in its own right is pretty impressive.
>>
I liked the book okay, never saw the movie. I could never get into Into Thin Air, but I liked Under the Banner of Heaven (another Krakauer). It will make you dislike Muslims pretty well. Brigham Young was a mass murderer by the way.
>>
>>1049602
Wow, I meant Mormons. Was that my brain or auto-correct?
>>
>>1048785
>>
>>1048714
very good
>>
I never knew Sean Penn was Jewish. Alright then
>>
Fuck you guys, I like it.
>>
File: taks.jpg (82KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
taks.jpg
82KB, 640x360px
>>1048706
>Also fuck hipsters and Pearl Jam!!
>Also fuck - - - - Pearl Jam!
hey! friend! yes!! YOU! go eat some of these delicious berries!
and make sure to brew some delicious tea with the needles! youve seen Bear Grills and Stingray Meers do it on TV!
(no dont do it, but fuck you Pearl Jam is great)(heh, remember when 9 people dying at a concert in eruope was a BIG fucking deal?, i remember, Merkel doesn't )
>>
>>1050200
>His paternal grandparents were Ashkenazi Jewish emigrants from Lithuania and Russia,[5][6][7]

Checks out.
>>
>>1050210
I know, I checked it out. Just surprised Spicoli is not a goy
>>
>>1050223
With that nose?
>>
>>1049609
it made me like mormons more, kill injans
>>
>>1050237
How could I be so naive?
>>
>>1048714
Garbage
>>
File: 1480970697476.gif (2MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480970697476.gif
2MB, 480x320px
>>1048714
/o/ here, I wish he could tell me where can I get a car for $50, shame really.
>>
>>1048753
>Calling grunge post-grunge
>Comparing a genre starting band to what they inspired
>Comparing Pearl Jam to that terrible Canadian softcock rock
Okay
>>
>>1052473
It is $50 because it was stolen and stripped. Unfortunately, it was a 1980 Pontiac Acadian Scooter with a go-cart motor.
>>
>>1049191
>>1049284

nothing wrong with individualism, McCandless's fault was simply his narcissism and ignorance
>>
>>1049364

There is nothing impressive about taking a moose out of season with a weapon that is going to cause it undue pain and suffering, the out of season portion wouldn't even bother me had he actually been in the wild, instead of like 40km from town
>>
>>1049149
>enterprising Jewish author decides to write a book about it to make money from someone else's tragedy

Let me see if I understand you: Is it always bad to make money from someone else's tragedies? Does that mean that reporters, journalists, historians etc. are all enterprising evil capitalists for making a living documenting events that turned to shit for other people? How about doctors and nurses? Health & safety personnel? The NTSB? Their salaries all depend on other people having a bad day.

I know I'm reducting this ad the absurdum, but I just want to know exactly where you draw the line. Actually, I want *you* to know where you draw the line, because I believe you are the kind of guy who usually don't think these things through.
>>
File: 1496334524992.jpg (723KB, 1152x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1496334524992.jpg
723KB, 1152x1064px
>>1048714
>"Alexander Superspeeder"
>>
>>1049071
i dont they leave a trail of pain and destruction
>>
>>1052612
>Actually, I want *you* to know where you draw the line, because I believe you are the kind of guy who usually don't think these things through.
One of those rare moments where I wish 4chan had upvotes.
>>
>>1048732
>"I was born in the 90s" songs.
didn't know they made that much music for elementary schoolers back in the day
>>
>>1052612
Making money off misery is evil, anon.
>>
>>1050256
mormons suck dude. sorry. shit tier intellects and religion. spiritually dead. freaks. rapists. bad hombres.
>>
>>1052612
Found the jew.
>>
>>1048714

man i'm crying LOL
>>
>>1048888

shut the fuck up
>>
>>1049602

Everybody with any sense dislikes muslims anyway Freudian-slip anon
>>
>>1052612

(((Journalists))) are overwhelmingly evil yes
>>
>>1053488

I think mormons are cool
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.