[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I purchase my own land?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 79L_01.jpg (22KB, 324x243px) Image search: [Google]
79L_01.jpg
22KB, 324x243px
I get the feeling all these sites are overpriced. I have a family member who got a good deal on 56 acres for 80k of wooded land.

But I'm a poorfag who can only afford 10k max. It seems like the less you buy, the more expensive it gets. I see all these postings on landwatch for wooded land around 5-6k an acre. Seems like a rip off when I know my relative got it at around 1.2k an acre
>>
>>1048688
>the less you buy, the more expensive it gets [per unit]
how long did it take you to figure this out?
>>
>>1048709
Still, I always see poor people out in the country who own their own land. How do they do it?
>>
>>1048769
By not buying 56 acres. If you want to have a garden and a homekill and enough space to shoot shit then 5 acres is plenty.
>>
>>1048769
Inheritance. Land stays in family. Land is the only commodity that will never devalue. Unless those global warming sissies are right and we do get an apocalyptic flood, but whatever.
>>
>>1048688
It's not a rip off at all. I just sold 35 prime acres for 6 k an acre. The buyers got a hell of a deal. Land values almost always go up. Land is a great investment as long as you know what your buying and not getting shit flood land.
>>
If I can own 10 acres in New Zealand (120k nzd) then surely you can manage to purchase some cheap as fuck yank land.
>>
>>1048688
Texas hill country. Tons of land for sale. Great prices...Great opportunity
>>
>>1048813
Land is a terrible investment unless you are already wealthy.
Slow appreciation, immobile, taxes, and poor liquidity.
>>
>>1048839
Thats why you invest in foresty or subdivisions. Or better yet, dont invest in anything ever.
>>
>>1048847
Forestry takes too long to mature, so again, only for the wealthy.

I don't know about subdivisions, because I'm not American.
How does it work?

Do you buy land, split into plots, and sell off plan to homebuyers?

Or maybe buy a plot from a developer, hold a bit, then sell once the surrounding homes are built.

There are REITs right now that return over 14% annually.
Some pay out monthly, so thas $500 a month on a $50,000 investment.
That's a good way to invest in "property/realestate"

I own an underground parking garage with about 100 spaces. Not much income from it, but I also sell spaces for $3-4k each.
It's only real value is as collateral on a mortgage.
>>
>>1048839
Uh yeah, that's why you do AG exemptions. Hay and Timber is where it's at. If you know what your doing it's a great investment.
>>
>>1048813
What about yours sets it apart from the 1-2k an acre land my relative got? Its not like it was bought forever ago, it was bought in the last five years
>>
I have about 50k I could invest. I now live in the north east US but would like a warmer climate. Where should I be looking to get the most out of my money?
>>
>>1049090

>What about yours sets it apart from the 1-2k an acre land my relative got?

Nothing. I just found some stupid buyers. Smart buyers never pay more than $1000
>>
>tfw britbong and dream of buying a giant patch of land
JUST
>>
>>1049090
3000 ft of frontage, gated, fenced and cross fenced, Ag exemptions in place, 10 acres of pine, 10 acres hay, 15 acres cleared, with a 5 acre homestead within that, 168 ft water well, water lines throughout property, septic, electricity, 3 acre stocked pond, no pipeline running thru the land, tractor shed and limestone driveway into property, completely secured and surrounded by trees all sides, 2 deer blinds, and a 550 sqft hunting cabin with water, and electricity. The land appraised at 6500k an acre. I sold it for 6k an acre. The value of it will continue to go up. They buyers got a hell of a deal. I loved the place and sometimes regret selling it.
>>
>>1049090
>>1048799
>not owning land 10m above sea level
>>
File: bowl cheddar chese.jpg (7KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
bowl cheddar chese.jpg
7KB, 268x188px
>>1048688
>>1048769
they pay it off over years. not all at once.
also cheap land is usslly not good land. you also have to build on it.a house. if yorue going to live on it that is

you could always homestead in montana with 160 free acrage and taxes on the property for 5 yearsall while making the land profitable using the era off homesteading tools only
>>
>>1048769
They spend all their money on the land. How is that confusing?
>>
>>1049395
>They spend all their money on the land.
This.
>>
>>1048769
They either make bad financial decisions and buy land they can't really afford, or they inherit it from a relative.

Also, many farmers might not have much in liquid assets (actual money) but they can be worth tens of millions of dollars. So they look/act poor but officially aren't.
>>
>>1049328
>also cheap land is usually not good land
Depends entirely on what your definition of good land is.

Cheap land isn't gonna be prime soybean farm material, but it might be really damn good hunting ground, or the scenic side of a mountain you always wanted to have a cabin on, or borders BLM/NFS/state land you have free access to.
>>
>>1049328
>homestead in montana with 160 free acrage

I thought this ended in the 70's, link?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.