[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/doors normalfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>family wants to go camping for the 4th of July
>sure why not
>suggest some camping spots
>there's one not too far, with great hikes and wonderful scenery
>"That one's not good, Anon!"
>why not
>"it's got vault toilets instead of plumbing toilets!"
>>
>>1048370
>plumbing

Just suggest they be homeless outside of a fucking truck stop and then disown them
>>
just shit in the river and rinse your butthole
>>
>>1048654
use a bass instead.
>>
>>1048370
What is a vault toilet? Like an outhouse but more sophisticated?
>>
>>1048684
I guess they mean pit toilet
The kind where you can look in, and see a mountain of shit and TP
The kind that make your eyes water while you are inside
I don't mind them, but some people are wimps
>>
>>1048691
So an outhouse. I don't see what the problem is but I guess we're a bit behind times here since both my parents were born on the countryside and they used an outhouse and there's people in isolated villages that still use them. I've been to campsites where they were the norm and for someone with a hut in the mountains, it's also the only option.
>>
>>1048698
There are other options. You can hook up a regular flush toilet to its own septic tank (if you can't get running water to it, dump a gallon of water in it to auto-flush it), or you could build a moultrie (composting) toilet. Both will have nowhere near the stench or bug/animal attraction of a regular or blue-water outhouse, are actually good for the land via compost (the septic tank toilet will fertilize about 30 yards in every direction of its leech field, the moultrie toilet has an access hatch to scoop literal compost out of), and require less maintenance than a regular outhouse.
>>
>>1048719
The first option still assumes that you have water to spare. I've never heard of a composting toilet before but that's every outhouse when it's time to clean the mess. At some mountain huts, I have seen/used outhouses which simply hanged over a slope so the "material" would roll down further. Looking at some plans for composting toilets it seems closest to the design.
I was never bothered by the smell. I'd say the portapotties smell a hundred times worse.
>>
>>1048737
Properly designed ones usually dont smell. But I've seen my fair share of shitty shitters.
>>
>>1048370
If you have to shit daily then you've packed wrong - not because I don't love a leisurely shit with my cell phone between my first and second cup of coffee each morning, but because camp food moves slower.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.