[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Florida Trail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1467197463838.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1467197463838.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
How many of you anons have done it? How is it, and what should I prepare for?

I am thinking about doing it sometime next year, but I need to set up a pack and get some other gear first.
>>
>>1048058
Wet, swampy, road walks, sleeping on picnic tables trying to stay out of the water when it rains.
>>
I've never done it, but looking at some of the areas it goes through, I've done a lot of the Central FL areas. Go during early winter and pack rain gear. Expect it to be hot most of the time, even during days in Feb/Mar. At least it'll be dry (hopefully).
>>
I am born and raised in swfl and still live there. Which part of Florida are you visiting
>>
>>1048171
Same here, I live in Hialeah. I want to go to the trail beginning in Ocala National Forest.
>>
>>1048176
Ah that's awesome man I'm in Naples. I've never hung out around where you're at. I just came back for a weekend in west palm. What do you wanna see on your trip, your expectations and such?
>>
>>1048191

Aaron S.?
>>
>>1048191
Looking forward to general wilderness, maybe some nice woods and such. Around here there is none of that.
I have family in Naples, it's a real nice area.
>>
>>1048197
Not me
>>1048240
Personally I love kayaking. Yeah man I'm lucky as fuck to be from here, it's a little slice of paradise.
How long do you wanna spend out on this trip?
>>
>>1048257
>Personally I love kayaking
I would really fucking like to, whenever I have the chance I will.

>Yeah man I'm lucky as fuck to be from here, it's a little slice of paradise
Indeed, very quiet and pleasant. Only issue is that it's quite boring.

>How long do you wanna spend out on this trip?
I would like to hike the whole trail, or at least quite a bit. Should be like a week or so I figure.
>>
>>1048273
For being outside and to be in the real Florida kracker lifestyle it's one of the best places in Florida.
I'd really love to get into hiking and camping around here. And eventually mix that in with kayaking. Do you have any friends that wanna join you?
>>
Humidity, mosquitoes, giant snakes....
I'll pass.
>>
>>1048294
>For being outside and to be in the real Florida kracker lifestyle it's one of the best places in Florida.
Really? I never really thought there was that much wilderness. Only seen woods on the sides of highways/interstates.

>I'd really love to get into hiking and camping around here. And eventually mix that in with kayaking
Haha do it man, especially if you have a chance.

>Do you have any friends that wanna join you?
Nope, nobody that I know is interested in the outdoors. Fucking sucks, would love to have a outdoor buddy.
>>
this>>1048302
>>1048257
>lucky to be from there

Sure I agree, it's lovely there, but not because of the /out/ings in florida. I used to live there and now live in the west coast. Literally cannot compare.
>>1048176
>Hialeah
Hey there Fidel! are you the anon who browses /int/ ? Props to you if you are finally getting yourself out there boss.
>>
>>1048335
They are actually hugely invested in conservation in south west Florida.
My job is /out/ related but I also do not have too many friends that like to spend a lot of time outside.
>>1048340
I know nothing about the west coast of the us but compared to the east coast of Florida, the west coast (where Naples is) is pretty damn beautiful. And it's located close to a lot of gorgeous natural areas
>>
>>1048340
>are you the anon who browses /int/ ?
Nope. Rarely ever go on there.

>>1048345
What sort of job do you have?

Also dunno we could always keep in touch, and possibly one day go /out/. Most people in South FL are into other things, I haven't met anyone that likes camping and shit.
>>
File: IMAG0105.jpg (5MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0105.jpg
5MB, 3024x4032px
>>1048058
Well... I don't know what to tell ya. I live in CFL. There's not gonna be much to see... And almost all of it can be done on a motorcycle. My two cent? Get a motorcycle and so it.. Your legs back and arse will still hurt.
>>
>>1049099
>And almost all of it can be done on a motorcycle
>Get a motorcycle and so it
That's fucking gay. Who the fuck wants to finish a trail by motorcycle?
Whole point is to enjoy nature.
>>
>>1049102
Oh sure. Enjoy hot, 90% humidity. Every mosquito species known to man, hot, swamp, pine forest, swamp, sawpalm forest, swamp, Meth heads, swamp. 90% is along a fucking paved road way anyway.
>>
>>1049104
M8 I don't have any other choices. I am very limited, I need to make the best of it.
>>
>>1048302
Pussy, you don't go outside anyway
>>
>>1049801

Yeah, I prefer to go /out in the West...you know, where real men go /out. But you keep going in those vermin infested swamps and keep telling yourself how wonderful it is.
>>
>>1049801
No mountains where you're at, but I'm the pussy. Sure Billie Jo. Your sister misses you, better run home.
>>
Get shoes that dry quick and most of it is flat.
>>
The trail forks at the lake at at orlando, so depending on how you travel it can be longer or shorter. also here is a neat map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=b4f2fedc4c5848b1a221e21400938a02&extent=-84.0915,26.6815,-78.7192,29.8689
>>
>>1051135
The black line under the 4 on the map. That area. Is a highway.. And has a public bus route that runs during the day. It's 2 dollars for one trip. Use the bus. Other wise you're gonna have to deal with homeless crazy's and people literally trying to run you over...

>lynx bus routes Kissimmee
>>
idk, i just drove near the everglades. and giant snakes crossing the road n stuff.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.