[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Anxiety /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 17

File: bd-old2.jpg (67KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
bd-old2.jpg
67KB, 960x720px
What activities can someone with social anxiety do?

I tried hiking on along Skyline Drive, but some old guy on the trail tried to talk to me so I ran up on the side of the mountain and then he stared at me for a long time. It was very uncomfortable.
>>
File: IMG_1357.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1357.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Do the high hrothgar trail. There's not so many pilgrims as there used to be since the start of the war, so you probably won't run into anyone
>>
>>1048024
get on some soc anx meds mate
>>
>>1048038
do they actually help? i heard they make my peepee useless in the long term
>>
>>1048042
I'd see a therapist first and do some CBT. Meds should be a last resort thing. They do help and do make your peepee limp along with other possible side effects and the trial and error of finding a drug that works for you. But they help tremendously when you do find one
>>
>>1048045
i tried one.... trazodone... it gave me heart palpitations after a couple months. didn't help my mental state at all, though it did regulate my sleep cycle.
>>
>>1048042
Your peepee is already useless because you are an incel sperg
>>
>>1048024
>literally ran away

What an autist, Jesus Christ.
>>
Learn survival skills and just go do deep into the woods.

When I had anxiety id literally hide in bushes and crawl on my belly to avoid being seen
>>
>>1048063
>When I had anxiety id literally hide in bushes and crawl on my belly to avoid being seen

can you greentext a close call you had?
>>
>>1048024
Autoerotic asphyxiation
>>
Going /out/ hasn't outright made me less socially anxious, but it certainly has given me more confidence in myself.

I solo climbed Mt. Rainier two years ago, which isn't a major /out/ accomplishment, but when I came back home I just felt like a better man. This feeling of accomplishment goes a long way.
>>
>>1048063
Honestly that just sounds kind of fun desu
>>
lift, stop masturbating. watch some jordan b peterson too. but if you wanna be a social cripple forever just walk out of your house and keep walking and settle down in a patch of woodland and let moss grow on you and be an old bearded mage who speaks little but has smiling eyes and a lot of wisdom if you get to know him. thats what you want right
>>
>>1048063
>crawl on my belly to avoid being seen
Snake pls go
>>
>>1048024
Practice the nod, hi and keep walking. You are more likely to get away with this in slightly more populated areas where people are more common to pass.
>>
File: fatman fishing.jpg (104KB, 591x562px) Image search: [Google]
fatman fishing.jpg
104KB, 591x562px
>>1048063
Dang, I thought I was the only one that did this. I've kinda stopped these days since I've gotten more confident, but there was actually a bit of a thrill from trying to stealthily retreat into the woods from people.
>>
>>1048027
what about that frost troll, that nigga op
>>
>>1048024
Good god. Now I'm not exactly mr social butterfly either, but running up the mountain to avoid some friendly old guy? I promise you that situation wouldn't have been half as uncomfortable if you didn't go full autismo.

Anywho... I've found that basically doing what >>1048170 said will work. The busier the trail the less likely someone will actually try to talk to you, and a simple "how's it going" as you walk by will pretty much be the most you'll have to socialize. Or you could always walk with earbuds in and pretend you didn't hear/notice the other person talking to you.
>>
>>1048024
Take some LSD and go to a large social gathering. It'll cure you're anxiety
>>
>>1048695
i donno how tripping balls in public cures anxiety
>>
>>1048695
Wrong.
>>
Just say hi to everyone you meet. That's Step 1. Once you feel comfortable with that, start saying some throwaway lines like, "Howdy stranger! Great weather today," and keep walking. You'll cure your anxiety in no time.
>>
The trick is to drill it into your head to become more apathetic about what people think about you and to just charge through the awkward moments and feelings.
It's become so much easier for me to greet people or even start small talk about dumb shit like the weather, and then it helps you open up about other stuff.
I do a lot of cycling and it's awkward on trails when passing people. But now I make it a point to smile and say hi, and I don't care who they are. Most of them don't say anything back to me, and that feels sort of satisfying like I took charge of my social anxiety. They rudely ignored me when I greeted them, so it's not on me.
>>
File: 1493790289878.jpg (48KB, 274x586px) Image search: [Google]
1493790289878.jpg
48KB, 274x586px
>>1048024
Go to the mall and sit in the food court with no food and no phone for 3 hours, then stare at every single person you can until they look away. You wont have social anxiety anymore.

Then get a job.

Then come back to 4chan and start a gear thread.
>>
>>1048919
>>1048695

4chan gives the best advice
>>
File: 233232222.png (284KB, 621x483px) Image search: [Google]
233232222.png
284KB, 621x483px
>>1048024
>I ran up on the side of the mountain
>>
Time for a red pill. Sorry if this comes across harsh.

You don't understand how emotions work. You shouldn't try to manage your anxiety by changing things in the outside world; that only makes it worse in the long run- like a painful leg that becomes atrophied because you never stand on it because it hurts. Fix the source of the emotional pain rather than avoiding it.

Confront your fears to overcome them.

Try to find some way to get a deep mindset shift. Therapy and shrooms work a treat, though not together.

Try self help books too and I think I'm going to be saying this a lot more but, goodlookingloser.com approach anxiety program. You don't have to use it for it's morally questionable intentions, it's just exposure therapy that works.
>>
>>1048243
Fire spell scrolls?
>>
>>1048024
1/ Read the Dao De Jing
2/ Compare all available translations
3/ ????
4/ Profit!
>>
>>1048024
Start walking with someone, I would say a friend but you probaly don't have any friendos
>>
>>1049439
it's the Tao Te Ching faggot
>Compare all available translations
oh, right then
>>
File: 1451882173413.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1451882173413.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>1049439
>>
File: 1472742214574-b.jpg (20KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
1472742214574-b.jpg
20KB, 236x354px
>>1048024
I used to have some pretty gnarly social anxiety. slowly I realized that no one gives a shit. it's called sonder. everyone's lives are just as complex as yours and most people don't have time to stand around judging you. and the ones that do, fuck em.

their thoughts don't need to affect you at all. in fact if they are making fun of you or whatever, that means they're jealous in some way. or their lives are so boring that they feel the need to do crap like that. the point is, you are a complete person no matter what is going on around you.

also yoga, meditation, eating right, counciling, etc. definitely practicing casual greetings, even if you're looking down when you say them. I'm still kind of shy, but these things, especially sonder, have helped a lot.
>>
>>1048024
Look up rsd.
>>
>>1048125
>Doesn't understand that some people have actual issues, and aren't just pussies.
>>
Curing anxiety really isn't that hard.

You only need a glass of water containing an egg yolk, orange peels (just the peels not the fruit), red minced onion, and a few table spoons of ground cayenne pepper.

Drink this a few times a day ideally right before a social situation and within a few weeks to a month you should be anxiety free.
>>
>>1052122
jeez is it 2002 already
>>
>>1048024
Go off the trail. This is why i enjoythe out i have problems with people. I regret having to cone back to my apartment after camping a month. I dont wanna go outside cuz ofall the people.
>>
>>1048042
they didn't work for me but they wouldn't give me xanax or whatever it is because I was drinking myself to death for awhile.
>>
>>1052489
Well, shit... I was going to recommend Selegiline Hydrochloride, which is what I use, but you can't drink on it. Which kind of sucks because every time I start up again people invite me out for drinks and I stop so that I can be sociable, then because I stopped I stop going out and meeting people again. Hmm...
>>
>>1048024
Hi dan
>>
File: beavis_butt-head.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
beavis_butt-head.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>1048024
the activity of UNFUCKING YOURSELF
>>
>>1048024
Eat 5 grams of shrooms in the woods. Your return to society will be rightous my friend.
>>
>>1048695
Tried this and people constantly berated me about my experience further emphasizing my anxiety. Feels bad man
>>
Just make small talk. What's the big deal?
>>
Fucking everyone has anxiety now. I swear if there was a world wide study for the world it would say "breaking news. everyone has anxiety"
>>
>>1054934
And you have AIDS.
>>1054925
No one could've guessed that. You should be a doctor.
>>
>>1054941
Let me take another shot.

What you're actually terrified of is that other people will figure out you're a terrible person.
>>
>>1048042
They don't help much. Take some LSD instead. It's more effective and has less side effects, unless you're a schizophrenic, in which case you're fucked no matter what
>>
>>1048042
I'm on fluoxetene for my crippling social anxiety. It works senpai.
>>
>>1048024
Behavioural therapy is your best bet. You're about as dumb as a dog so it should work for you
>>
>>1049424
>Therapy and shrooms work a treat, though not together.
LMAO!
>>
>>1048071
seconded
>>
>>1055434
Not him, but I do this too. Not so much out of social anxiety (I would still rather avoid people) as it has become a fun game for a loner and good practice for a serial trespasser. There was a time where I turned it up a notch and started sneaking around meth labs and such, playing on European Extreme mode.
>>
>>1055809
I might happen to have a greentext or two if there is interest
>>
File: WOOOAAAH NELLY.jpg (101KB, 680x827px) Image search: [Google]
WOOOAAAH NELLY.jpg
101KB, 680x827px
>>1055809
>>1055813
YES. GREENTEXT NOW.
>>
>>1055818
Okay! calm down already
Here's one, parts may not make sense because it was part of a series I did

>That December, one of the regulars approached me as I was leaving the shop and told me he heard about the job I did with the old timer, and he had something similar.
>His nephew was a disabled guy who lived a couple towns down the road to the west.
>Nephew lived on his fatehr's property since it was a ranch house, but couldn't really get around the land so it just sat unpatrolled.
>He had heard gunshots that fall, figured it was the usual asshole poachers, but the shots and late night ruckus had persisted past deer season
>He would go out and patrol in his truck once in a while and noticed his gate had been broken open and there were multiple tire tracks coming and going.
>They were headed down the old drive to an abandoned family farmhouse that was in a distant corner of the property up the mountain
>He wanted me to go make sure no one was squatting in his grandfather's farmhouse.
>Same deal, I parked the truck up by Nephew's house, got a compass heading to the old farmhouse and headed up the mountain on foot through the snow.
>When I hit the old drive, I followed parallel to it. Someone had cut their way in, lots of small trees down on the sides of the road, I wanted to keep my tracks out of sight.
>Got nearer to the farmhouse, I didn't believe I would find anything, but there were fresh wood chips on top of the snow, someone was cutting wood recently.
>I have a bad feeling and want to turn around, but I said I would look into it.
>I dismiss it as trespassing woodcuttters and pushed on to the house.
>>
>>1055829
Part 2
>Plastic sheeting in the blown out windows, oh fuck, someones is living here.
>Post up and watch for a while like usual, no movement, no smoke from the chimney, no vehicles, no dogs. God, how I hate dogs.
>Quiet for a while, decide to get closer: outbound tire tracks in the snow, not fresh.
>I really want to leave, but I gave my word;. I have to go inside and see this thing through.
>I walk up half expecting to get shot from an upstairs window.
>I decide to turn around and leave as I hit where the front door used to be, I've seen enough. Go about 400 yards when I nut up. I gave my word.
>Peeling back the opaque plastic sheeting on the front door frame was just dreadful
>>
>>1055832
Part Three
>First floor is mostly open, quickly clear it. There is trash everywhere. A back room full of stovewood.
>One of the trash piles catches my eye: coleman propane tanks and American Eagle ammo boxes.
>55 grain .223 upon examination.
>This is fudd country, anyone with an AR means serious business. Besides, I knew what I had just walked into when I saw all the empty propane bottles.
>There was a PSA that ran a while back, 'Signs of a Meth Lab', I think I saw every one of them among those piles of garbage, and I still hadn't checked upstairs yet.
>Every step creaked
>My boots were so heavy
>I was really cold
>I was trying to focus on listening to hear if anyone was up there but I was focusing in on all these minor details instead
>Top of the stairs: a room with a squalid sleeping ticks arrainged around a potbelly stove. It stank so strongly of cigarettes in a way I remember to this day
>Next room: a fucked up galley, pots, and trays, and propane burners, and coleman stoves, and that is the crunch of snow under AT tires coming down the drive I hear.
>>
>>1055833
Part 4
>I jumped down the stairs, don't think I touched a single one.
>Too late to run out of the front, they'll see me. Need to find a way out of the back.
>End up in firewood room, meant to run out of the kitchen. Too late, Truck has stopped out front.
>One door slams
>Second door slams
>The unmistakable growl of a junkie, 'Somebody's here!'
>Was that a rifle bolt being racked?? Why can't I hear anything over my heartbeat in my ears??
>Junkie two, 'Look, the tracks been here and gone, ain't nobody here now', the voice of reason of the duo, I thank you
>'Go an get a fire started, freezing my balls off, truck's heater sucks
>I think I might throw up. I had been quietly working at the plastic sheeting in the window frame trying to quietly undo it and slip out
>FUCK It! Jump roll out of the window assault pack first through the sheeting, slide down the hill behind the house gracelessly face first through the snow. It had to be loud
>Right myself and slide down into the ravine at the bottom of the hill. Follow the creek bed back to the road, loop around the mountain
>Stopped to watch my backtrack pretty often
>Arrive at nephew's house well after dark.
>He feeds me some hot stew and scolds me for putting myself in such a dangerous situation
>Police are called, they finally investigate a few days later, methheads have packed up shop in the meantime.
>>
>>1055834
Here's another'n
The following spring, I went out for a morning hike on some abandoned CSX property
>Walking along the tracks down this river valley
>Trying to spot a place to cross the river to get into the fair that summer. I ain't paying $10 and extra for beer but I want that bluegrass dammit
>Decide to just walk up the side of the mountain.
>It's steep as hell, but I just keep going straight up, and up, and up
>Decide to take a break, water and carrots
>Start back up the hill
>Take a couple steps and stop dead in my tracks
>>
>>1055839
Pt 2
>There's this big ass bald fucker directly uphill from me about 75 yards away
>We just stand there looking at eachother, feels like forever
>He's standing next to this big oak tree on a level spot of the slope
>Someone else walks out from behind the oak and I turn right the fuck around, beat feet down the hill.
>I can hear them loosing rocks and logs above and behind me, oh fuck they're chasing me!
>Hit the river valley and I've put some distance between us.
>Decide to head upriver. I can hear them up on the slope, they are moving parallel to me about a quarter of the way up.
>Valley is to narrow to get farther away, so I push upriver, I kn ow the slope turns into a sheer cliff further up and they'll be cut off.
>Hit the cliffs and tuck into a overhang, try to wait and trick them into passing.
>Wait for what seems to be an eternity
>Start heading downriver, I just want to get back to the truck and go home

>While I'm following the tracks downriver, a group of deer bolts past me, now I'm on high alert.
>I get a whiff of cigarette smoke. I abandon the path and slide into a ditch. I crawl inside of a fallen pine tree and wait.
>I hear voices, they draw nearer and nearer.
>Two figures, moving upriver. One has a long gun, the other is the big bald fucker in the Carhardt I saw earlier.
>From what I can see from inside my dead pine tree, they seem to be sweeping up the valley, having quit the hills looking for me
>One passes within 10 feet of me, after all the close calls I have had, that never gets old
>Wait until they've passed a good bit and then just book it the two miles to my truck, hoping they don't have any friends waiting for me down the valley.
>Thank god for shitty cell reception because I made it back to the truck and went home.
>When I inquired about the area in the shop later, I was told that some no good good ole boys had set up moonshining out that way and to avoid the area.
>Lotta good that did me
>>
>>1055848
Dang, son. Did you find out if they ever caught the meth guys? Either way, that would be enough to keep me out of the woods for a good long while.
>>
>>1055954
No, no one ever got caught, the only way to get any justice was vigilantism. May or may not have resorted to that a time or two.
>>
File: holy ass.png (390KB, 396x398px) Image search: [Google]
holy ass.png
390KB, 396x398px
I manage mine with weed lol. It's actually helped me a lot in the recent years. You don't have to be fucking baked all the time because that could get you even more anxious about interaction, but if you can manage to maintain a comfortable buzz it's ridiculous how you stop giving a shit about what people think.
I even started cracking stupid ass jokes around random people. lol. good times.
also check this "i'm not a robot" thing i got
stay safe gangsta
>>
>>1055954
I also kind of grew up being hunted and hunting. Lil bro and I had an ongoing guerrilla war with some kids in the woods when I was 10 or so. We used airsoft, paintball, bb guns, traps, and such (eventually they started bringing real guns) That stuff doesn't faze me too much anymore. It's scary at the time, but there isn't any lasting trauma, it's still just a game to me.
>>
>>1055963
One time I smoked myself normal over the course of a semester in college. It was to the point where I could meet a group of strangers and have them actually like me within 15 minutes; often they would want me to hang out again. It took me months to recover. I vowed to never get that stupid again.
>>
>>1055968
>I could meet a group of strangers and have them actually like me within 15 minutes; often they would want me to hang out again. It took me months to recover. I vowed to never get that stupid again.

sounds dreadful
>>
>>1056075
It really was, it set my writing back quite far, stunted my intellectual growth, and led me to accept the status quo. Any substance that can stop a man from questioning and make him give up the fight like that is bad news.
>>
>>1048024
Drink.
>>
>>1048042

I take fluoxetine, amisulpride and aripiprazole ...initially there were issues with decreased sex drive, not actually getting it up but it sorted itself out in about 6 months . 9 years on no issues in the bedroom, had sex with wife last night.

Getting the RIGHT meds for you is the deal, I spent 3 years of hell trying different stuff /dosages but once it was done fucking hell it makes a difference in your ability to cope. CBT didn't do shit for me (infact it made things worse)

I take a fair bit of other stuff too (DCH in a couple of different dosages /release mechs , pregabalin, naproxen, omeprazole, and metformin) and the only real issue is that I start to go cold turkey if I miss a couple of doses of DHC

best for /out/ for me is stealth camping/fishing, as you're trying not to be seen
>>
>Hi, says the stranger
>Hi, with a nod, says you

I have autism, and even I know the fucking basics.
>>
>>1056138
>CBT didn't do shit for me (infact it made things worse)

more people need to call bullshit on CBT. only the most braindead therapists use it
>>
>>1056148
perhaps this works if you are jogging, but a simple nod doesn't cut it when you are each approaching each other at 3 mph in a straight line walking... there is just too much time when you and the stranger are within mandatory eye contact distance.
>>
>>1056362
Eh.
Give them a smile and a nod and then stare off past them. Be ready with a "if I were any better, I'd be drunk."
>>
File: 1462376364124.jpg (180KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
1462376364124.jpg
180KB, 600x801px
>>1056369
>"if I were any better, I'd be drunk."

it's never wise to expose your power level
>>
>>1048024
Let me tell you what I did. I used to be super shy, couldn't talk with anyone and I would probably be diagnosed with social anxiety. I had one friend who was similar to me and we could talk to eachother without sperging (not a lot though). When talking to my schoolmates I just blanked and felt like a pressure in my chest, an opressive pressure, it gave me an urge to go into fetal (I didn't actually, but I had urges to do so). Then one day I decided to just try my best to talk to people - about whatever. My conversations became almost a stream of consciousness with my friend and when I talked to other people I superimposed the image of my friend over them in my brain. Did this for a year, still had the chest pressure in the beginning but it went away slowly and I could talk to people (not very well, I just blabbered). Then I learned to filter the noninteresting blabber and I didn't feel anxious anymore, except with some girls I liked liked. But then I intentionally talked to them, and became friends with some and some ignore me to this day. But the anxiety was gone and I became quite social. I don't know if I really had proper social anxiety, or if what I did would work for anyone else, but it might be worth a shot. Otherwise, try to force a "hi" when meeting someone on the trail and just moving along your path.
>>
>>1048024
How do you even live OP ? Legit question here. Do you ever interact with people ?
>>
maybe you could animal watch. get a bird caller. I just walked out side early morning. walked around a little. and suddenly sounds of animals running into shit n stampeding. shuck the ground. I'm get a flood light and gotcha em.
>>
>>1056424
I'm a 32 year old NEET who lives with his parents but hasn't to spoken to them in two months.
>>
File: scaryblackgun.jpg (46KB, 660x338px) Image search: [Google]
scaryblackgun.jpg
46KB, 660x338px
Since I don't like to see people while I am /out/ and definitely don't want to talk to them, what I like to do is strap a scary-black-babby- killing- salt- rifle onto my chest with one of those retarded "patrol carry" slings. Then I go out of my way to be extra friendly and the faggot boomers run away from ME. Try it OP, you don't need therapy or meds, just a bunch of guns!
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 222x260px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 222x260px
>>1048045
Does cock & ball torture really help?
>>
>>1056138
>amisulpride and aripiprazole
I feel for you anon, I'm getting forced back onto aripirazole myself, surely you're not on two APs for anxiety? also what dosages if you don't mind me asking? fuck man I can't even handle the sedation of one AP I don't know how you manage to function on two
>>
>>1056357
ever session with my therapist is a like pulling teeth. She cant keep up with my thought processes and the communication barrier is immense because she's trying to use an all purpose model of treatment on me that just doesn't fit. Unfortunately it's part of the system here, once the sessions are up they will move onto something else. I understand that I have a problem and want to change that but he breakdown of the actual anxiety during the CBT has just caused me to focus even more on the little aspects- instead of 3 things I'm not panicking about 15....

>>1057257
Just checked the box, 200mg Amisulpride, 20mg Ariprazole. I'm taking them as it's what the docs seem to think best for me... plus as the other stuff. I'm pretty much a human maraca. I had an accident at work some years back which fucked me up physically (I need a cane to walk) and I'm very iffy about social situations and people now. I miss my old days of /out/ when I'd be running all over Snowdonia and the UK but I still do what I can to keep myself sane but it's tricky striking a balance between what my body can cope with physically and what I can get my head psyched up for and motivated. Getting /out/ keeps me semi sane, but it's a cluster fuck now that everyone seems to want to be out with their supermarket grade gear or in bushcraft cosplay mode

As cliche as it is for a 4 chan poster I'm also a actually a certified, card carrying Aspie but here in the UK it's very very rare to get drugs prescribed for it unless you're a full on turbo-autist (I'm able at least to act normalish in society, I even have a wife lol)
>>
>>1059394
>what I can get my head psyched up for and motivated
This right here, mane, this is the challenge for me.
>>
>>1059394
Switch to a male therapist. All the females I dealt with were completely useless because they cannot relate to male problems
>>
File: 2214a40.gif (673KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
2214a40.gif
673KB, 500x399px
>>1055962
These are great stories senpai. Any more?
Also pic related helps acute anxiety, at least for me. ACT and/or CBT are great psychological tools for long term intervention.
>>
>>1056357
Bad therapist. Sorry you had to deal with that, but psychologists are like GPs or gfs - it can take time to find a good fit, or at least a competent one. The general principles of CBT are sound, but the practitioner is only human. ACT is another solid choice, and can be self directed if you prefer to work from resources rather than a therapist.
>>
File: IMG_5267.jpg (181KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5267.jpg
181KB, 768x576px
>>1060288
Hmm, give me a day or so to put something together. Recently I haven't been doing much lately, but here are the highlights from my walk the other night:
>I was walking down a dead end seasonal dirt road (Public but people who live there expect privacy)
>I heard a car so I dove into the tall grass following a deer trail through it so they wouldn't be able to see that a human had run through there.
>I have been reading a lot about Vietnam, so I pretended I was hiding from Charlie crawling around in the 6' rice grass.
>On my way back a jeep came down the road and I jumped behind an old stone wall and crawled along beside it for a while.
>Then as I cut through a spooky lumbered section of the forest at twilight I heard this animal snuffing and snorting. I though it was a boar at first since there is a game preserve nearby.
>I unsheathed my Buck and it started coming towards me.
>Then it started barking.
>This dog followed me just out of sight as I wandered around and around this blasted hoodoo land of cleared forest, downed trees and mud-holes cloaked in an ethereal mist in the incrementally dying light
>finally found the passage back to the forest and home after doubling back on the dog and getting behind it.
>I never saw, heard, or smelled a human accompanying the dog. I wouldn't think a dog would wander that far into the forest on its own, was the guy just sitting still watching me? I don't think I'll go walking there for a while, that whole thing in the logged part of the forest gave me an uneasy feeling.
>>
File: 3546_Sibl_9780307957900_art_r1.jpg (14KB, 386x283px) Image search: [Google]
3546_Sibl_9780307957900_art_r1.jpg
14KB, 386x283px
>>1060309
Oh and a choir of hermit thrushes were singing throughout the encounter with the dog, making it more eerie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNkiywugVmY
>>
>>1059394
>which fucked me up physically
fuck man my sister had an accident that fucked her up I remember walking around with her just after she got out of hospital and she fell when walking and some fucking teens started laughing at her so I kicked off then they fucked off elsewhere but when she was getting up she looked ashamed that she was struggling to walk so man I feel for you and hope you improve also where abouts in the UK you at?
>>
>>1052110
>doesn't understand that a large proportion of social anxiety in NEETs is fatherlessness
>>
>>1048042

Don't let em give you Xanax, over time you'll become a zombie. I had/have anxiety and IBS, a lot of times the IBS was the cause but there was general anxiety too that developed through my early 20s

Finally want to a doctor and he put me in a very mild dose (25mg) of Imipramine, which helped a lot with both issues

But I'll tell you right now, after fighting with it for years, even if it never goes away over time you get better and controlling it and keeping your shit together. I've been in some situations where I felt like I was about to pass out or have a heart attack but they're few and far between now after years of dealing with certain experiences and getting better at handling them

The point is to not let your anxiety control you, you still have to go out and do the things you want to do, and if while you're doing them something goes awry you deal with it, but don't let it cripple you and turn you into a shut-in
>>
>>1061838
fuck this guy get on the benzo train I'm a regular user and other than dying at around the age of 40 it's comfy as fuck
>>
>>1061855
>other than dying at around the age of 40 it's comfy as fuck

story checks out
>>
>>1054956
this

sorted me right out
>>
>>1048919
> ITT sperg gets stabbel 26 times in the face after trying to stare down a gangmember
>>
>>1055968
i know what you mean

for me choosing whether or not to smoke weed's like the choosing whether i'd rather rid myself of social anxiety but also of my ambitions and mental capacity, or be able to function fully mentally but have social anxiety
>>
>>1056100
smoke changa bro
>>
>>1056138
i feel CBT works for the less intelligent among us...
anyone who's brain can work at any decent kind of pace and can grasp intricacies of ideas etc. seem to almost rebound the opposite way with it, because it seems to take a seemingly complex set of issues and massively simplify them
>>
>>1056459
how do you manage that?

was it like falling out or do you get social anxiety with your family?
>>
>>1062017
Is this a get?
IDK
>>
Don't do psychedelic drugs if stuff in your head isn't right.
>>
>>1052110
>people have actual issues
>pussies.
Same thing
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.