[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ related authors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1493435089554.jpg (105KB, 714x892px) Image search: [Google]
1493435089554.jpg
105KB, 714x892px
That's it, share em.
>>
>>1047956
Cormac McCarthy- The Road
>>
File: IMG_0244.jpg (587KB, 1086x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0244.jpg
587KB, 1086x1500px
There's something primal about nature that Jack London seemed to get and express vividly in his /out/ books that always captivated me.
>>
File: Sylvain-Tesson-by-the-lake.jpg (58KB, 620x373px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvain-Tesson-by-the-lake.jpg
58KB, 620x373px
Sylvain Tesson - Consolations of the Forest: Alone in a Cabin in the Middle Taiga.
>>
>>1047957
Pleb, Child of God or nuthin. Get the fuck outta here with that Oprah- approved bullshit
>>
I like the books of Edward Abbey, environmentalism before it was all about people's feelings and artificially elevating brown people.
>>
Steve Rinella
John Gierach
>>
File: syrly.png (146KB, 542x422px) Image search: [Google]
syrly.png
146KB, 542x422px
>>1048118
this, abbey is one of my favorite authors of any kind
>pic related

also: david quammen, doug peacock, norman maclean's "young men and fire" (the second half is merely ok, but the first is absolutely superb), eric newby (A short walk in the hindu kush, the last grain race), clarence king's "mountaineering in the sierra nevada" (underrated!)
>>
File: IMG_6094 resize.jpg (206KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6094 resize.jpg
206KB, 666x1000px
>>1048002
Was going to recommend this. Was there earlier this year, would've made it to his old cabin if it hadn't been for snow exceptionally covering the whole lake.

Still pretty cool experience, and I highly recommend the book.
>>
Moby-Dick - Herman Melville
Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe
>>
Of the top of my head:

Frank Herbert - Soul Catcher
Knut Hamsun - Growth of the Soil, Pan
Ken Kesey - Sometimes a Great Notion
Forrest Carter - The Education of Little Tree
Grey Owl - anything he wrote
Colin Fletcher - The Complete Backpacker
Elizabeth George Speare - The Sign of the Beaver (kid's book but still fond of it)
William Bell - Crabbe (kid's book)
John Vaillant - The Golden Spruce

Everyone should read Sometimes a Great Notion, especially if they are from the PNW. I found the narrative tough to get into at first and the book consequently sat on my shelf for a year, but once I got into it it became a favorite of mine. I've read it many times and frequently just pick it up, go to a random place, and start reading.
>>
>>1049137
Seconding Hamsuns Pan. Just finished it and its highly recommendable.
>>
>>1049152
The part about the dog hit me hard though. Mysteries is pretty good and I really enjoyed Hunger,
>>
>>1047956
John Muir
>>
>>1047956

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walden
>>
Jean Craighead George - My Side of the Mountain

Not sure if kids still read it, but it was a favorite of mine.
>>
Peter Matthiessen
Barry Lopez

I also like the Master And Commander novels by Patrick O'Brian. It's a mix of naval battles, espionage and Dr. Maturin, one of the main characters, in addition to being a spy, is also an avid naturalist
>>
>>1048694
Maclean also wrote A River Runs through it and another funnier short novel about his time in the forestry service. Something like, The Ranger, The Cook and the Gambler' or something like that.
>>
>>1049216
OH YEAH

my grandmother lived down the hall from Jean Craighead George for a bit, funnily enough

>>1049219
>another funnier short novel about his time in the forestry service
this sounds dank, will investigate, thx
>>
File: original[1].jpg (51KB, 636x441px) Image search: [Google]
original[1].jpg
51KB, 636x441px
Mountaineering OG
>>
>>1047956
>That's tits, share em.
>>
>>1047956
Thoreau - Walden please?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.