[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bear Aware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: bearlycamping.jpg (115KB, 838x559px) Image search: [Google]
bearlycamping.jpg
115KB, 838x559px
Heading up to Bella Coola British Columbia for Canada day long weekend and I wanted to hear about some tips and tricks to keep Bears from destroying my campsite. Bella Coola is the Mecca for Grizzlies and I plan to do some tent camping in a forestry site. I've crossed paths with black bears while hiking and i've seen Grizzlies form a far but I've yet to have an incident with a bear in my campsite and I feel like I'm probably knocking on wood by making that claim since i don't really do too many precautionary measures to keep bears out of the area. Aside from some camping adventures where a bear cache was provided, keeping the site clean, throwing out trash every night, and keeping my cooler in my car.

so folks, what are do's and don'ts when it comes to bears near campsites? Also, what the hell do I do if one wanders into my campsite and rips up my shit?

I bought a waterproof 50 liter bag that I'll tie to a tree and put all my garbage and dry food in there. I have a heavy duty, airline quality cooler with a decent seal that I plan to store in my car overnight.
>>
You're car camping
There will be people around
There is always someone who is a bigger idiot than you
They will be making a mess, frying smelly shit, and generally being bear bait
Keep your shit clean, tidy, and odor free, and the bears will go to the idiot and leave you alone
>>
>>1047502
>Bear Aware
I also would have accepted "Burr Awurr"

Yeah keep you stuff in your car, have some burr spray in the tent/on you when you hike. I don't think there's anything too comprehensive you need to do, just common sense precautions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBnGe9HDGBI
>>
Keep all food and garbage far from camp, hang food. Eat far from camp. Every family member should have their own bear spray and know how to use it as well as understand bear behaviour. In heavily bear populated areas you can set up a portable electric bear fence.
>>
>>1047507
why didnt they just say "HEY BEAR!" to scare it off like they do in tv shows?
>>
>>1047507
>the ranger won't like this yogi
rofl
>>
>>1047813
Because they're wimps. It's a fucking black bear, just throw something at it and don't feed the nigger because they will come for more.
>>
>>1047991
they were pretty entertained with the bear tearing apart an other persons car.
>>
>>1047502

Whatever you do, just remember to take the lens cap off.
>>
>>1048030
that's because on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being awesome and 10 being useless shit, burrs are a 4 and humans are an 11.

tl;dr: don't avoid burrs, avoid people
>>
>>1048473
bears are just tree dogs that can't behave
>>
>>1048636
but can they see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.