[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap Hammocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

Not a shill, but woot has mosquito net hammocks for $10 today. $5 shipping, so you'd get a 10ft netted hammock for $15.

They also have regular hammocks for like $10-15 and an underquilt for $25. I'd pass on the underquilt since it's not a great shape, it's an ENO ember 2 knock off.

Ok its Kind of a shill, but ita a super cheap way for some people to try hammocks.

Youd need to buy or DIY your own suspension.

Also, general hammock talk I guess.
>>
Can you link the underquilt please?
>>
Nvm found it.
>>
>>1046961
>>1046964
>>
File: images (3).jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
4KB, 275x183px
Here is the underquilt.

I'm kinda bummed they don't offer a tarp with this sale too. I picked up a Yukon Outfitters tarp from woot a year ago for $18, and for that price it's a steal.
>>
Thanks for the heads up, just bought 2 of them, thats a freaking steal.
>>
Anyone here used a ticket to the moon? I'm tempted to get the double layer.
>>
File: hammock.jpg (127KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hammock.jpg
127KB, 960x720px
I have the warbonnet blackbird XLC with the wookie underquilt for a JMT trip coming up, and it is the most comfort i've ever had. I use a Warbonnet Superfly Tarp if it rains, and if there are no trees I set the tarp up with trekking poles, and use the MLD Serenity Bug Shelter along with it. This is a little heavier than most ultralight people would like due to the Bug Shelter, but it is a complete system and totally worth it imo. I will post a few pics of my setup, let me know if anyone wants specifics about the gear/setup.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Here is the tarp with trekking poles. I set it up with breakaway clips so I can keep the doors open or closed effortlessly.
>>
>event sold out

;_;
>>
>>1047248
I've thought about going with hennessy because an all inclusive package is cheaper.

how well does your pack?
>>
>>1047293
The Tarp in the Hennessy hammock is not going to keep you dry in heavy rain. It is super small, and doesn't even cover the full hammock, your feet stick out. It packs down super small man, slightly larger than a nalgene bottle, and can be compressed further.
>>
>>1047315
Only sideways snow at above freezing truly defeats the caternary tarp.

Rain driven by constant 40 mph gusts will get the hammock wet but not so much from direct contact but from smaller particles of spray.
>>
>>1047315
To be fair, you can switch out the stock tarp for a hex tarp for no cost, which provides more coverage. Or you can get their monsoon fly which is even better.
>>
>>1046967
Damn thats dope. copping on friday if still cheap af.
>>
>>1048298
I don't know when they started doing this, but I would still recommend the warbonnet blackbird XLC over the Hennessy Hammock. The setup I have listed previously is 100% more comfortable than the Hennessy Hammock, primarily due to it having a better footbox. I got mine with a double layered bottom so that a sleeping pad could be fitted on top of an under-quilt in exceptionally cold weather.
>>
>>1048309
This underquilt weighs almost as much as my big 3 anon, and is only around $60 cheaper than my 0 deg Wookie I got from Warbonnet. Buy once, cry once, but some people can't wrap their heads around that.
>>
>>1047248
what's in the keg fella ?
>>
File: received_1198345180216636.jpg (159KB, 883x1184px) Image search: [Google]
received_1198345180216636.jpg
159KB, 883x1184px
Grand trunk double is comfy
>>
>>1048363
There's no way you go a 0 deg wookie for $85.
>>
>>1049961
I must have been drunk when I typed this, and read it as $180 lmfao.
>>
>>1050392

I was going to say, if you're getting a wooki for $85 that's insane.

You may now resume drinking.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
My bug shelter came in today, set it up underneath the tarp to see how it set up. Start the JMT in 2 days, it should do me well.
>>
File: 20170702_195520.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170702_195520.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
OP here, cheap woot hammock came in the other day and I got to use it...

For $10 it's absolutely fantastic in every way. I honestly wish I ordered 5 more to give to friends.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.