[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Highlands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Th9gl4S.jpg (2MB, 4229x2549px) Image search: [Google]
Th9gl4S.jpg
2MB, 4229x2549px
So I'm going on a camping trip up the Western highlands with my gf in July, any advice on surviving?
>>
Don't camp near water. Do camp near the Storr so you can watch the sun rise over Applecross.
You can drink out of any stream.
>>
>>1046890
Thanx m8

I won't actually be going to Skye but will be staying with some friends in Applecross so that'll be chill
>>
>>1046890
>You can drink out of any stream.

if you want giardia

Skye isn't some magical land, there is organic matter, faecal matter, heavy metals, leeched organophosphates etc just like everywhere else dude.

>>1046876
You're golden anywhere north of Ullapool. Awesome coast.

I'd avoid skye desu, it's busy as it is but in July it's JUMPING.

Don't forget your bug net and bug spray.
>>
>>1046897
>You're golden anywhere north of Ullapool.
Heh, I'm planning a camp on Suilven but the rest is south of there.
>>
>>1046876
Wear a condom and make sure she's on the pill.
>>
>>1046908
>not conceiving a lovechild beneath a mountain waterfall
>>
>>1046876
Don't be noisey or go fishing on the Sabbath day, it is very annoying.
>>
>>1046876
>>1046876
avon skin so soft
>>
I camped at the top of sgurr na stri early October. Stars were amaze!
>>
>>1048554
That sounds incredible dude, what was it like? Was the wind a hindrance? I'm planning a summit camp myself.
>>
I had been waiting for 8 years for time off and a good weather window.

It was very calm, the Cuillin shelter you from the winds in the West then the other Munroes to the East.
Its a longish walk in from the North from the Sligachan Hotel, I camped there and had a few too many whiskeys the night before (400 to choose from)

Then being 490m its not to high but with my pack with DSLR and drone and to much crap was a good workout.

I camped about 20m from the top in a gully, then got up at 3am when the moon set to take snaps. You can see the milky way and know there is no one within 10km, very rare for the UK. The vews were world class and just me and the rutting stags.
>>
>>1046876
>with my gf

All You Need is Luv
(or are you old enough and wise enough to see through this meme)
>>
>>1046876
Midges will ruin your trip if you don't have a midge head cover (about £5 from Smidge). I recently tried to walk from Dunkeld to Kinloch Rannock with no midge protection, big mistake. Anywhere under 700m elevation, if you stop for more than a minute hundreds will swarm your face, it's impossible to do anything- set up a tent, light a fire, even unpack a bit of food. I couldn't stop to sleep without being eaten alive so I walked straight through the night.

Once you've got a smoky fire going there will be less of them but you'll still get bitten. So take midge protection as a priority and keep all your skin covered until you're inside the tent.

They don't like dry, windy and light areas, preferring damp, still, shady locations. That's a lot of Scotland to avoid but keep that in mind when deciding where to camp.

**Had sex outdoors once in the woods in Somerset, spent the next 3 weeks applying savlon to my he hundreds of bites on my gf's inner thighs, legs and ass. So be careful where you have sex.**
>>
>>1049195
Cheers m9, going to get repellant and nets so hopefully they will help. Any tips on getting a good fire going with the likely limited resources we'll have?
>>
>>1046897
I also didn't have any problems after drinking the stream water...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.