[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good places to hike/backpack around montreal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: vârful-omu-3.jpg (90KB, 1094x821px) Image search: [Google]
vârful-omu-3.jpg
90KB, 1094x821px
I grew in in Brasov, Romania, pic related. I moved to montreal a few years ago, always hated it due to the restrictions on /out/side bbq's and such. Haven't found any good mountains like pic related to climb and I really need to get back to my roots. Help me /out/ /out/?
>>
I can't answer your question about the Montreal Area, but I have a question for you. How's the hiking and wild camping in Romania? I know you have a lot of forests and mountains, but I was wondering if you can safely/secluded/legally camp in the wild as a tourist and travel around the countryside? Is it easy enough to travel from village to village and stock up on supplies as you go?
>>
Cross the border and head to Adirondack State Park in NY
>>
>>1046895
>illegal
>Romania
Pick one.
As it relates to safely camping, it does depend where you go, there are forests with bears and wolves which tend to kill tourists a lot, but if you find a friend in Romania he'll tell you what to avoid.
>supplies as you go
Every village I've been through has a general store and you'd be all right buying that stuff as long as you have the romanian currency. I would also recommend learning words like water: "apă", and all other supplies you know you'll need, otherwise the clerks might not understand what you're saying and get angry. If they do understand, they tend to ask for euro payments and raise the prices significantly, so watch out for that.
All that being said, I highly recommend you go, I have yet to see wild that free anywhere else in the world.
>>
>>1046912
How hard is it to get a visa as a romanian?
>>
>>1046945
No idea; as a New York State resident (and US citizen) all I need to go to canada is an "enhanced*" driver's license or passport.

*more expensive

a bit farther, past ottawa is algonquin
>>
>>1046836
>>1046944
>Trusting vampires to tell you where it's safe
Romania is pretty cool though and I only got to see Timi.

The advice I was given by my friend was to avoid the area in the middle of the country with the poor Hungarians.
>>
>>1046944
Alright, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>1046944
>otherwise the clerks might not understand what you're saying and get angry.
Did you chose the words right? Getting angry for that seems a bit odd.
>>
>>1049589
They won't get angry. I don't know what OP is talking about. If you don't know how to name a product you want simply point to it and they will get it for you. As for currency they will only accept the local one, RON. 1 US$ is about 4 RON.
Romania's outdoors are really beautiful. You should come visit. It's also the safest country in the EU in terms of violent crimes. The only people you should avoid are gypsies.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.