[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British Columbia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1-2610-Cowichan-Valley.jpg (180KB, 990x530px) Image search: [Google]
1-2610-Cowichan-Valley.jpg
180KB, 990x530px
hey guys, so I've got some money saved up and I'm thinking about going to BC with it.
is it as cool as it looks in photos and advertising?
(I know this isn't 100% /out/ but you know the drill)
>>
>>1046753

BC is beautiful, but large.

And yeah, it's pretty cool
>>
>>1046753
Yes. I live on the north end Vancouver Island. Been on the coast all my life. Pictures do not do it justice.
>>
I live in BC, where you headed

gas vancouver
>>
Vancouver Island here.
Fuck you mainlanders.
>>
It's definitely cooler. Is it an /out/ centric trip? For one epic hike you can do Vancouver to whistler or squamish to whistler via garibaldi lake and black tusk. The lions are also a solid choice for an overnight hike.

Around the city there's the baden powell trail and about a hundred shorter trails connected to it.

Squamish has the chief. It has multiple peaks so you can pick your poison or do all of them.

Kayaking and paddle boarding near Spanish banks have resident seal population and some whales occasionally come by.

Try to avoid the tourist traps. Capilano is nice, but 15$ to look at a nice bridge isn't really worth it. Grouse mountain is a much better choice. If you're fit try the grind. If you want to relax take the bcmc trail.

If you're cycling, try the cypress climb.

All of the above will give you great views and a good time in the outdoors.
>>
alberta>bc
>>
>>1046753
I'm from the Kootenays, it's pretty nice. Good biking, hiking, skiing and lakes.

>>1047432
The grind is easy, even really large people make the trip. I'd say it's still worth doing - grabbing a cold beer at the top is awfully nice.
>>
File: 20140913_164428.jpg (559KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20140913_164428.jpg
559KB, 2048x1152px
>>1047442
Grouse grind is a friggen crap. Nothing but stairs and you constantly have slow people stuck in front of you, and then you get to the top and it's a ski resort with some bears locked in a pen. Only reason to do it is if you're going to another peak further on like Crown Mountain or goat mountain.

>>1047432
These are all quality advice.

Another thing that gets slept on around the lower mainland is the wide variety of forestry road access camping in the near vicinity. Free camping and with some effort you can find your own little camp surrounded by some epic mountain views. All you really need is a decent map and a proper vehicle.
>>
>>1047432
>try to avoid tourist traps
>lists nothing but tourist traps
>>
File: full.png (30KB, 1000x950px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
30KB, 1000x950px
>>1046753
Daily reminder
>>
>>1047500
I'll give you the chief (and it's gondola), grouse and cypress. But I wouldn't call black tusk or baden Powell a tourist trap. Some sections around lynn canyon and deep cove maybe, but they're good hikes and have earned their popularity. Also free to do.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.