[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been using a box of 6 $10 buckknives I got at a gay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: ak47.jpg (125KB, 900x719px) Image search: [Google]
ak47.jpg
125KB, 900x719px
I've been using a box of 6 $10 buckknives I got at a gay rage sale for the past year. The box of 6 of them was like $40 so wtf of course. When they can't sharpen anymore or lose their original sharpness, I just throw them out or give them to some kid.

Now that I only have two left, recommend me a good knife that will last me forever.
>>
Throw away mentality is errything wrong with modern day USA
Buy yourself a nice 50-100$ folder
If you can get something in not a cheap Chinese steel that's ideal
154cm isn't terrible ( I actually like how it sharpen) s30 isn't too bad , s35 is better
>>
>>1046348
Also worth noting, look into brands that have good waruntee s and customer service
Despite things being made well little things may go wrong, and of you have a good company backing you you shouldn't have to worry about it
>>
>>1046348
I threw out the first one since I kept it accidentally in the travel luggage at the aeroport. It taught me never to be careless with shit like that.

The other three I gave to other people as "first knives". They don't use them at all but keep them on them whenever they hike randomly. I try not to throw shit out. The other side is that I start hoarding stuff too which is a problem.

>>1046356
What about going on ebay to save 10-25% of the cost of the knives but not getting warranty?
>>
>>>/k/
>>
>>1046425
is knife talk really restricted to /k/? they're primary /out/ used, though

everyone on /out/ has a knife but not everyone on /k/ has a knife. In fact, a lot of people on /k/ don't even have weapons
>>
>>1046425
You fucking mong, knives aren't weapons. They are tools.
>>
>>1046782
naw you're good here. but you got to give us more info on what you like

>rough size
>rough weight
>profile type
>stainless or carbon
>price range
>aesthetic considerations
>where you're located
>what you'll be using it for

personally I only use my knife for woodwork and a bit of food prep so I rate a smallish (<4'') scandi ground knife. I am not a one-tool sort of person and will also have a MT, bowsaw and hatchet on me if I'm camping.
>>
>>1046948
>They are tools.
So are weapons.
>>
>>1046948
All tools can be used as weapons. Next question.

>>1046979
size is 3cm or larger. i have used the new buck knives to clean ducks and cut twine and other shit. also to eat spam out of a tin
weight is whatever. don't care if it's too heavy since i normally carry a machete already
profile, swing?
what's a carbon knife?
willing to spend $250 if it lasts me a decade or two
aesthetics don't care too much
canada

thank
>>
File: F91W-1_large.png (70KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
F91W-1_large.png
70KB, 500x529px
>>1047082
>>All tools can be used as weapons.

>tfw you accidentally discharge your watch on your friend and end up killing him
>>
File: file.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>1047162
>tfw you forgot your trigger discipline and accidentally filed your buddy to death
>>
>>1046982
Let me just go and start my ball peen hammer thread on /k/
>>
>>1047162
good watch choice my dude, sorry about your friend, though
>>
>>1047162
dunno if you did this on purpose but that is the terrorist watch of choice
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F-91W#Claimed_use_in_terrorism
>>
>>1046948
Anything is a weapon with the will to use it.
>>
>>1047420
>Alright, /k/. I'm in the market for a new crescent wrench for home defense and general plinking. Which one should I get?
>>
>>1047162
If the simpsons have told me anything, is that if you can use those old wind up watches and pull out the string to choke someone to death with it from behind.

Never forget that confirmed kill about the MRE. Now can we please go back to advising OP on a good swing blade?
>>
>gay rage sale
Post photos of sale
>>
>>1048214
I think he means garage sale
>>
>>1048331
>garage sale
Did they have any leather?
>>
>>1048449
Definately a leather three peice suite but no crotchless leather trousers I'm afraid to say.
>>
>>1047423
>implying they wouldnt help you and embrace that thread with open arms

linger longer
>>
>>1048488
Well, now we'll find out.
>>>/k/34396018
>>
>>1048531
>wrench holsters
And there goes /k/
Good job guys :DdDDDDD1
>>
>>1048563
Shirley you'd want a molle chest attachment ?
>>
>>1047082
bump for knife bls
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.