[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I force myself to go /out/ when I fucking despise every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: cowboy helper.jpg (147KB, 1148x746px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy helper.jpg
147KB, 1148x746px
How do I force myself to go /out/ when I fucking despise every outdoors activity?

>hiking: literally walk around and look at trees for hours
>camping: hiking except you get to sleep in a plastic bag
>fishing: sit on your ass getting bit by bugs and sunburned for hours until some brainless fish falls for your bait
>hunting: difficult to get into if you were not raised doing it, as far as I can tell you sit in a stand in some woods watching paint dry until game comes by
>gardening: put in MASSIVE amounts of effort and time, get bit by fire ants and stung by wasps, half your crops die, after months get some mediocre tomatoes you could have just bought for like $2
>climbing: too expensive to get into
>skiing: ditto
>all of the above except hunting: full of numale cucks and their nemeses the redneck trailer trash

However every time I /out/ I experience amazing health benefits, for example my skin clears up and I get a raging erection, so I guess the bacteria from all the disgusting filth outside boosts T somehow. How do I force myself to go /out/? I'm thinking maybe I should just get an outdoors job so I'll actually have some concrete task to complete while I'm out there and not just bumbling about in the woods trying to entertain myself.
>>
Sounds like you're just a compulsive loser in general. Have you considered suicide?
>>
>>1045839
>every time I /out/...I get a raging erection
obvious: start jerking off exclusively /out/
>>
I like solitary hikes but having a friend to accompany you is great because the time passes by quicker.
>>
>>1045839
climbing is expensive?
like nigga just go find a big ass rock and climb up it
billy goat that shit

just kys m8
its not the destination, its the journey

I love the sights, I love the sound, I love the air, I love the smell. I love to look at a map, break off the trail, find a river, sit down for an hour or two, and catch and cook my dinner right there. I like when it rains, I like when it snows, I like the heavy wind.

We get a sense of accomplishment.
Hiking - You came far. You can look atop a mountain and survey the land you've passed through.
Camping - You've survived the elements.
Hunting - You've conquered another animal, and used it.
Skiing - Skiing is just fun. It's fast and you get to try and be faster.
all of above are numales - you mean the numale cucks that would rather just roll over and die and dont see any point of enjoying life? Because that's you.

I'm not going to mention gardening because, like, that's 2 hours a week to have a decent garden.

Gardening is so fucking easy, you've have to be mentally retarded to fuck it up in today's age. It's not even farming. Just follow instructions online. Same way I cant understand how people are so bad at cooking. What, they cant fucking read?

Same with fishing. Yeah you can go for a specific fish, but face it fish are retarded. You can walk into a goddamn creek and literally grab your breakfast, or if you're extremely lazy or have slow hands, or have shit to do, build a trap (like a weir) and come back 12 hours later, have a huge catch for how little effort you put in. But people enjoy fishing because they can just relax. They drink, smoke, read, plink, play games, or just do whatever. Fishing is the excuse to be outside.

Of course, the idea behind all of this is a sense of accomplishment.

OP, if you've never accomplished anything, you can't understand.
>>
>>1045839
>Numale cuck
Whatever that is you sound like one. Try do something ocean related then you massive fuck.
>>
>>1045839
you sure as hell aren't going to force yourself to go out into something you're critical of. trying learning about critical theory, and how you're succumbing to your inner-urban-jew's expression of critical theory.

perspective has a big impact on behavior. environment is a big determiner of perspective. your environment is supportive of a perspective that sees only negative aspects of being outdoors.

change your environment. read, experience new things, and challenge yourself to reach beyond the egotistical prison of cherry-picked criticism you've built around yourself.
>>
>>1045856
>But it's all just ocean. Look, it's water. Look over there, more water. What the fuck am I supposed to do with all this?
>Wish I was at home playing vidya. Rei best waifu.
>How do I tie a knot
>What did he say about life jackets
>How do I swim
>How do I not drown
>Damn no service
>>
>>1045856
I've worked on a river cruise boat. It's just a bunch of water, nothing special about it.

>>1045858
In fact, my criticisms only come about from my experiences. For the past several years I have been idealizing and romanticizing outdoors activities. But every time I try one out it falls short. I went to the beach today and couldn't force myself to stay for more than about 2.5 hours, there's only so much time you can spend sitting on a rock looking at waves.
>>
>>1045869
bad expectations lead to unnecessary frustration. perhaps your romantic nature is so lofty that those things that violate it stand out too much, thus spoiling your experiences.

as an example, spending 2.5 hours sitting on a rock looking at the waves would challenge even experienced zen practitioners. have you tried letting go somewhat and having fun?

perhaps the next time you spend a couple hours sitting on a rock, you could split your time up by occasionally standing up and peeing on things from the top of the rock.
>>
>>1045851
I've loved looking at maps since I was a boy.
>>
>>1045878
>have you tried letting go somewhat and having fun?

I don't do anything for fun. Every thing I do, I do for spite. I went to the beach out of nothing more than my pure hatred for the city I live in and all its inhabitants.

>perhaps the next time you spend a couple hours sitting on a rock, you could split your time up by occasionally standing up and peeing on things from the top of the rock.

There was a father and son fishing next to my rock, they indicated they wanted to smalltalk a bit so maybe that could have broken the monotony. but my one-word answers quickly put an end to any conversation.
>>
>>1045891
>I don't do anything for fun. Every thing I do, I do for spite.
if that premise is true, then you should love the outdoors, because it encourages such spiteful feelings, QED.
>>
>>1045891
then just kill yourself
because clearly you have no intention on enjoying life
happiness is a choice
and you've chosen to be a depressing human leading a worthless and toxic life.

Change or die.
>>
File: inoperable.png (53KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
inoperable.png
53KB, 571x618px
>>1045903
>>
>>1045839
You are one cynical motherfucker.

Everything looks like shit when confronted with your reductionist mentality.
>>
Being /out/ is as much about yourself as it is the activity.

I backpack/hike for a physical and mental challenge, and for the solitude. I use the solitude and escape to reflect and to get a clear mind. You have to go inward.

I mountain bike because it's physically challenging and it reduces my work stress. When you are taking switchbacks, pumping uphill and negotiating rock gardens, you don't have time to think about work.

I rock climb (arguably one of the cheaper out hobbies, desu) because it is actually the most challenging of what I've tried /out/ so far. It's pushing me to develop muscles I really haven't used, and frankly finding routes and holds is hard as fuck, but I want to get good at it. It's also scary sometimes. I want to beat the fear.

If you are an empty shell of a human then you will find no pleasure out here, or you must use it to reverse that societal damage and become someone.
>>
Do agree.
Only did all of those things when I was homeless.
Also grow some sage in pots right now just so I know how it looks in real life.
>>
>>1045869
>2.5 hours, there's only so much time you can spend sitting on a rock looking at waves.
>He doesn't do this multiple times on a week basis
I go /out/ to the beach alone every week and I still love it. If you can't take enjoyment looking at the infinitude of the ocean then there's nothing left to you on earth.
>>
those aren't the only outdoor activities in the world
>>
File: 1485457187607.jpg (20KB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
1485457187607.jpg
20KB, 480x366px
>>1045839

...have you considered that it might be anhedonia stemming from depression?
>>
>>1045839
Climbing is less than 100 bucks to get into. Shoes and a chalk bag, go bouldering.
>>
>>1045839
MD here, psych. Just read thread. You're depressed. Go make an appointment with a doctor and get a referral for some cbt therapy, or you can try meds. But I'd go with therapy first for you. Sounds like some mindfulness based therapy would really help you out.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.