[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did your love affair with the outdoors start? I went to a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: YMCA-Logo.png (338KB, 1650x1449px) Image search: [Google]
YMCA-Logo.png
338KB, 1650x1449px
How did your love affair with the outdoors start?
I went to a YMCA sleepaway camp for 9 years as a camper and worked there for 3 more, went on a few canoe trips, and took off from there

god bless summer camp
>>
BSA.

I hated it was a little bitch until I was like 16 then I realized to just shut the fuck up and deal with it.

"Is flooding and we need to bail? Guess I'm walking an extra 10 miles in middle of night to leave. Already undressed? Fuck it, I'm walking in my skivvies. "
"What do you mean I have to setup my tent, I cant just sleep in my bag on a pad?"
"Explain exactly why I need to bring that stove in the fall"
>>
>>1045607
My father didn't like me and he would literally lock me out of the house starting when i was about 4. We lived out in the country and so i entertained myself with nature.
>>
>>1045607
Through a series of misunderstandings, I led my younger brother and cousin (armed with assorted non-lethal projectile weapons) through a guerrilla campaign in the nearby forest against a numerically and technologically superior force of kids from the neighborhood across the river.
>>
>>1045607
I grew up in the 70s
We played outside
>>
File: oohlook.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
oohlook.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
>>1045607
I lived inawoods in Mexico for awhile in my childhood

exploring caves, trenches, and small ravines there with cousins are some of the best memories from that age
>>
The first time my cub scout pack leader diddled me in my tent
>>
>>1046835
I grew up in the 90s and so did we
Then again I'm from Montana and we like to keep the old ways alive
>>
>>1047101
oh uncle paul
>>
>>1045607

I worked at this YMCA sleepaway camp, and for 9 years I used to watch this guy while he slept and stalk him like a sexual panther. One night I was jerking it over his face (didn't even wake up when I blew my load up his nose) and he spoke in his sleep, said he wanted to work at camp. Well, shit, I thought. I guess I'll stay here another few years. I'd been thinking about retiring since I was past my 60th birthday, but fuck I couldn't resist the opportunity to whack out a few more loads of man chowder over his face while he slept.
>>
>>1045672
I did not come here to feel things ;_;
>>
Before I can remember.
>>
File: IMG_3659.jpg (15KB, 261x172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3659.jpg
15KB, 261x172px
>>1045607

Saw wild mountain lion once at great distance, tried to find it for the next two weeks. In retrospect not one of my best ideas, being 7 and unarmed.
>>
File: IMG_4356.png (189KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4356.png
189KB, 400x300px
>>1045607
Once got bitten by a danger noodle. My leg had to be amputated. After I went to learn more about sneks in general, realised it bit me in defence, now love outdoors and snek conservation.
>>
>>1045607
By wetting the bed and shooting 5 rabbits a day. Now I cant go a month without skinning something.
>>
>>1050298
[citation needed]
>>
>>1045607
Ran away at age 7 and lived out for two weeks or so before a sibling found my shelter while out riding. It was the happiest time I had as a child.
>>
>>1050814
Fucking hell, tell me about the saddest times you had as a child.
>>
>>1045607
By going /out/ with my dad.

Seriously, I was an infant strapped in one of those infant-backpack things while my dad hunted, fished, or hiked.

I caught my first fish (with help) at 2. I caught my first fish without help at 4. I shot a gun by myself for the first time at 5, and killed my first animal with a gun later that year also at 5. I had my hunter's ed certification and hunting license at 8.

Born in SE Arizona, then moved to Guam, then upstate NY. Basically bounced around seriously cool /out/ places until I was a preteen and my dad retired and moved back to the family farm, where I learned land management, timber surveying and cutting, and the basics of farming (we cash rent the fields so do very little actual farming outside of a couple <3 acre food plots).
>>
>>1045607
Boy Scouts
Wish they taught more stuff that was useful but can't say it was a bad starting point especially with parents that weren't too /out/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.