[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Viking hike (Trolltunga, Preikestolen, and Kjeragbolten).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

This summer I will go hiking with my father in Norway. Any tips for me as a newbie from people who have been there?
>>
>>1044680
I have been twice at the Trolltunga.
You don't really need any advice, just wear good hiking boots, have raincoat with, pretty much a lot of food (Trolltunga hike takes about 8-10 hours). One bottle of water is enough for both of you - there are plenty of creeks with clean fresh mountain water.
>>
>>1044680
and remember to take some warm cloth with you - up in the mountains it can be really cold compare to the ground temperature. During my hike last year it was only +8/+10 degrees
>>
>>1044682
trolltunga... be prepared to stand in line for an hour after hiking for 4 just to take the same photo thousands of tourist have taken before... you same applies to all those places
>>
>>1044689
or he can just arrive thereover in the evening, when there are only some people left, who want to overnight there
>>
>>1044714
Your photos come out better in the evening aswell.
>>
File: nD6De3cC3hI.jpg (678KB, 2000x1612px) Image search: [Google]
nD6De3cC3hI.jpg
678KB, 2000x1612px
>>1044767
depends on weather.. Fjords are used to be cloudy.
This was taken at about 23:00 last summer
>>
>>1044680
Good choice with the places, two tips depending on the time you will have:

1. Do not go just for the Preikestolen and Kjeragbolten. Go the whole way around Lysefjorden starting at Preikestolen. Little to no people, beautiful surroundings. If you are travelling by a car, you can easily go back to the starting point by taking a ferry.
2. Add Folgefonna ice glacier to the list. It's really close to Trolltunga, you can make it in one day or spend a night at the hut at the top.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.