[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /out/. Im gonna go camping for a few days. This will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1497986782280.jpg (1MB, 4416x2947px) Image search: [Google]
1497986782280.jpg
1MB, 4416x2947px
Hello /out/.
Im gonna go camping for a few days. This will be the first time im gonna go camping alone and for a long period of time. Ill go to a place far away from any civilization and desu im kind of spooked. I dont go camping alot but i want to try something new and i think going camping alone for about a week will boost my thirst for nature, innawoods and such. Any tips/advice?
>>
>>1043890
You should really bring a buddy. Only experienced campers should be alone. If the solitude is what you want, then you dont need to setup near each other, but having a lifeline within a few hundred yards is invaluable.
>>
>>1043890
Camping alone only boosts my thirst for people to talk to and a fast food burger.
>>
Due to most people on 4chan having terrible social skills, we end up having threads about this exact topic on a weekly basis here. Here are two that are still up you can check out:
>>1022038
>>1028501
There's nothing inherently more dangerous or more scary about solo camping if you have any kind of experience in the backcountry. That said, it might help people give you advice if you told us where you intend to go and your personal history in the outdoors. The kind of advice given to a former Boy Scout who knows the basics but just never went /out/ much without a group is going to be very different from the kind of advice given to someone who is totally out of shape and was raised by television and video games but now wants to do a circuit of the Tetons solo.

I'll list a few basic questions below. If you want to answer them here, it will help move this conversation forward. If not, I'd still recommend thinking about them for your own sake.

>1) If you plan to do any hiking with a backpack, then what is your level of physical fitness, particularly cardiovascular? What distance can you run at a moderate jog without stopping?

>2) Do you have any camping equipment and what do you have? In particular, think about your sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent, rain gear, backpack and a way to keep the gear inside dry if it rains, your water treatment device or chemicals, and a stove (if you plan to cook or boil water for dehydrated meals).

>3) When/how many times have you gone camping before and how did it go? How involved were you in planning the trip?

>4) What is the general area and type of terrain where you want to go camping this time (specifics would be nice, but not required if you are afraid of people stalking you)? Have you gone there before with other people and do you have maps of the area?

>5) What do you intend to accomplish over the time frame you are thinking about? For example, fishing, distance hiking, photography, doing drugs, etc.?
>>
File: CsI6Dd3WYAEeFKH.jpg (356KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CsI6Dd3WYAEeFKH.jpg
356KB, 1200x900px
>>1044218
>>1.
Im kind of big-boned. I have a little bit of fat but have a musscely build and i can jog around 20minutes without stoping. I hike in the mountains alot.
>>2.
I have a fiarly good BOB that I use to go camping. I dont like tents so i use a tarp to cover my head from rain and stuff. I have alot of quality tools, machetes a good knife, good multitool, a really expensive flashlight, bushcraft kit, etc... Ive went trough a couple of camping checklists and made a thread about a year ago for gear and i have everything.
>>3.
Ive went about 8-10 times. I planed the trip like 5 times out of that.
>>4.
I want to go wold camping. I live in Slovenia, flora and fauna here are like any central-european country. I live in the hills and all around me are dense forests, big mossy rocks, alot of deadwood, big pine and oak trees. I wont post a map for the sace of annonimity, but here is a picture of how the forests look like here if its any help.
>>5.
Fishing, building a bushcraft shelter with isolation walls, camp kitchen frame, basicly a temporary living quarter if you wish to call it that, i want to try bow hunting, hiking and photography
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.