[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ humiliation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11

File: banjoboy.gif (72KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
banjoboy.gif
72KB, 500x200px
I'm a /trv/fag who grew up hunting and fishing.

Due to the circumstances of life, I've not spent much time alone in the great outdoors since I was young.

Today marked the first occasion I've tried setting up a solo camp since I was hitchhiking in the Balkans.

Instead of spending a couple of nights alone in nature, I sperged out and came back home.

>set up camp relatively easily
>collect firewood, pump water from a well some miles away, return back to base to cook dinner
>take a walk to a nearby lake and spend a while watching elk wading and foraging for food
>darkness falls
>little disoriented by the hoots of owls, bugling of elk, and screeching of loons
>the forest falls silent after some time and I begin again to relax
>12:30am but still not tired
>walk over to my car to have a cigarette, thinking about taking my laptop out to do some personal writing
>looking up at the stars and admiring the faint glow of the Milky Way
>notice an unusually bright star shining through the trees
>stare at for a second longer and realize something is amiss
>it's jiggling around and seems to be moving ever so slightly
>in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and didn't see a single other person the entire day
>light is getting closer and seems to be being used discreetly
>accidentally nudge my driver side door, which turns on the interior headlamp
>see the light swivel down the ground and then switch off
>start fucking hearing banjo music in my head and imagining a sea of overalls pouring out of the forest with pitchforks and broken bottles of whisky
>panic and break down my tent and camp in five minutes
>drive away in 4WD as quickly as I can
>>
File: df.jpg (156KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
156KB, 720x960px
>an hour and a half down the highway when I realize what a fucking bitch I just was

>tfw sitting home and feeling ashamed of myself
>tfw been to some of the most dangerous and crime-infested cities in the world but couldn't handle a night alone in Northern Michigan
>tfw used to go hunting with my dad in bear and mountain lion country

>tfw I'm a fucking disgrace

Pic related was sort of close to my camp.
>>
If you want to fight the blair witch, you have to become the blair witch.

If some redneck want to rape you, you have to rape him instead
>>
Lel you have nothing to prove to anyone, if you weren't enjoying yourself there's no shame packing up and leaving.

Who knows, maybe you dodged something fucked up.
>>
>>1028512

Honestly, I was looking forward to camping for a while.

I was having a blast seeing wildlife during the day, but then the paranoia started setting in at night. Once I finally relaxed, I saw that fucking light through the trees.

I doubt anything would have happened, but my probably under-developed instincts told me to piss right off.
>>
>>1028501
Alone in the woods at night is something that messes with your mind.
I'm ashamed to admit it but I can't enjoy the night part of a solo camping trip due to paranoia.
I had to bug out once because someone's whistling was getting closer and closer and it spooked the hell outta me.
>>
Wouldn't be too hard on yourself guy, most ppl on this board who really go /out have a story similar ( if they admit it or not ) sometimes listening to your gut is the right answer.
>>
>first solo overnight camping trip in the mountains
>just an hour away from civilization, but very secluded, found it by accident
>weather forecast says it'll rain on the next day
>figure whatever, i'll just get up early, fold up my tent and sleeping bag and go to the village and take a bus back home
>super comfy, made camp, gathered wood, read my kindle and then grilled some sausages with pepper and onions
>wake up from strong wind at 3 AM
>go outside to take a leak
>lightning is flashing and the sky is completely obscured by clouds
>shiet, don't want to be stuck in my tent during a thunderstorm
>try to pack up my tent, can't because of wind
>fold it up and force it into my backpack so it's bulging and uncomfortable
>walk through the pitch dark woods for an hour at 4 am with my flashlight
>first "overnight" camping trip clocked in at about 16 hours

overall i had fun, especially walking through the forest with a flashlight. but i felt like a sissy for not sticking it out. maybe it wouldn't have rained at all.
>>
Could have been a will-o'-the-wisp. Most people call them fairy lights, spook lights, orbs, etc. Almost every culture on Earth has stories about them and they're seen here and there in the modern day wilderness. They typically behave as if sentient and are often accompanied by high strangeness, including a deafening silence. While you may be kicking yourself, if the light was behaving as if controlled by an intelligence, regardless of human or otherwise, it was probably best to leave.
>>
Whenever I solo camp I feel safe as shit whenever I get into my tent.

I think I just have some illogical notion that nothing will mess with me once I zip up the flap.

I've definitely been spooked by storms though
>>
File: 1477699227474.jpg (319KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477699227474.jpg
319KB, 800x800px
>>1028547
Go back to x i see you post about this a lot. its literally swamp gas faggot.
>>
>>1028547

Drones are real but magic isn't
>>
Definitely had a bad solo overnight experience.

> find some really remote forest area on a map and decide to hike in and send a night or two
> about a two hour hike in to a good spot to set up camp
> get my tent up, collect some fire wood and start cooking dinner
> once it starts to get a little darker I started hear sticks and shit breaking somewhere in the forest
> think it's probably a deer or some shit
> around 9pm I swear on my life that I wagely see the siloet on a person in the bush
> at this point I'm getting pretty fucking nervous and get my handgun out
> the person is too far out to make out actual features but there just standing by a tree facing my direction
> they get slowly closer over the period of about 15 mins and I fire a shot into the air
> this gets them to retreat deeper in the woods and I packed my shit as quickly as I could and hiked out in the pitch black

Idk what the fuck that person was up to but I'm glad I decided to bring my gun with me
>>
>>1028632
spoopy. what country/state is this in?
>>
>>1028638
Northern Michigan
>>
>>1028501
For me it is more like,

>go /out/
>set up camp
>do some fishing
>take some macro pics of insects
>.......
>....................
>.......................................
>...........................................................fucking bored

After camping for a few decades, it seems I'm pretty jaded towards it. Now, I only go "camping" for events where my time can be filled doing something with other people or as a cheap means of staying overnight someplace. For instance, I'm going on a camping trip this month specifically as a fishing/hunting/trapping expedition for food gathering.
>>
>>1028652
didn't you have a flashlight with you so you could shine it on him? or did you not want to provoke him/were afraid to see more of him?
>>
>>1028632
>Idk what the fuck that person was up

That kind of activity is specifically a very bad sign that the person is going to do something illegal and/or harmful to someone else. It is like a listless hanging out where they shift closer every so often. It only occurs when it is human on human or they are being watched by another human. They tend to be people who are not quite yet off the deep end or a career criminal and can be discouraged without too much effort, though the further you are from other people the more difficult it is to discourage them.
>>
>>1028657
No I didn't have a flashlight on me at the time, only my shitty headlamp. I would have liked to get a better look at them but my headlamp wouldn't have reached out that far and I didn't want to fuck up my eyes night vision with the fading light
>>
>>1028632
>>1028664
FYI, what you did was the correct thing to do. You showed that you were alarmed, that you had a very good means of defending yourself, you gave a very clear warning, and you left the area ASAP.
>>
>>1028501
You hitched through the balkans and bitched out in the fucking mitten? Jesus christ man
>>
>>1028732
>hitches through the Balkans
>mines, ghosts, Chetnik
>nothing
>camps in Northern Michigan
>craps himself
>>
Don't worry OP I too have bitched out in the past solo camping.

The first time I tried camping with something other then a tent I used a lean-to open on three sides. It was a summer camp and I assumed that the lean-to would help beat the heat, which it did.

But around midnight I was suddenly awoken by a loud hissing in my ear. I quickly fumbled for a flashlight and was greeted with a fucken opposum three inches from where I had chosen to rest my head.

I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't stop flooding my mind with the mental image of a opposum chewing my throat out or something like that and so around 1 in the morning I burnt up the wood I had collected that evening to cook breakfast the next day, using the firelight to pack up my stuff and gtfo.
>>
>>1028951
Possums are bros
>>
>>1028502
It was probably nothing.
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
This thread seems to be anons making good decisions when spooped.

I've had only one instance like that.
>Driving from Tucson to Oregon for a conference
>Hit my usual halfway point, turn off east into the mountains
>Pull into a National Forest campground way up in the Sierra that I usually have all to myself
>See two guys with an SUV off at the other end
>Shrug it off, figure they're a quarter-mile away, it won't detract too much from the one night I'm planning
>Set up my tent, make dinner, sit back and relax, wait until dark and sneak an ice-cold snowmelt bath in the nearby creek
>See the other guys' camp fire, in the distance, halfway consider going over and being friendly but they suddenly break out in an argument
>Goes on for a while and gets up into shouting before they quiet down
>Read by headlamp until it gets totally quiet
>Fall asleep in my tent
>Wake up sporadically to owls in the distance
>Around 4 AM it happens
>Jolted out of my sleep by a tremendously loud crash
>Brain immediately remembers the argument the other guys had
>Have this image in my head of one shooting the other and then coming to finish off the sole witness
>Yank on pants, throw rest of clothes in front seat of truck, collapse tent, throw tent and all its contents into back of truck, spray gravel getting out of there
An hour down the road I started wondering if maybe a rock had fallen down the cliff face nearby and my half-asleep brain had panicked for no reason, but I still think I made the right choice in bugging out like that.
>>
Do you guys carry guns when hiking/camping?

Nothing more fear reducing than a boomstick.
>>
>>1028664
Was probably a skinwalker
>>
>>1028732
>>1028737

Oh, it's worse.

I was also in Istanbul during the Gezi Park Protests in 2013 and have hitchhiked in Iraq and gone solo camping in Kashmir.

However, I haven't been out in a remote section of woods alone in my entire life. When I was younger and used to spend a lot of time in nature with my dad, I'd almost always have, at the very least, a 12 or 20 gauge shotgun.

I think I would have been fine on my failed excursion Up North if I'd had a gun; even if it wouldn't have made a big difference against a roving band of ba-dinga banjo-playing hillbillies, the confidence boost would have been incredible.
>>
>>1028507

This

Rape the rapists
Murder the murderers
>>
>>1029172
I do,it's great peace of mind. I carry a glock 43. Compact and pretty light.
>>
>>1028535
Nah man better you left. The people that get hurt or worse are the ones that listen to their ego.
>>
File: msp charger.jpg (566KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
msp charger.jpg
566KB, 1024x624px
>>1028501
>>1028632

What area in Michigan were you guys in? There are rumors about some serious creepers in the Northern LP.
>>
>>1029903

OP here, was in Pigeon River National Forest Area.
>>
File: pigs gotta eat.png (211KB, 1832x1070px) Image search: [Google]
pigs gotta eat.png
211KB, 1832x1070px
You guys remember the pig murderers of Northern Michigan? Pic related.

Who knows how many guys like that you have running around up there.
>>
File: pigs gotta eat 2.png (48KB, 959x624px) Image search: [Google]
pigs gotta eat 2.png
48KB, 959x624px
last page
>>
>>1030080
>>1030083

That's fucked up.

I wonder why the hunters didn't shoot them, though.
>>
>>1029181
This anon spreads lies do not listen to them.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 494x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 494x640px
>>1028523

The fear of the night is the best part of camping! It's an adrenaline rush you can't get in our comfy normal basic bitch society. It's when you stop being afraid due to familiarity that it sucks and can be boring at night. I usually try to scare myself with scary stories etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 236x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 236x287px
>>1028501

I only go camping in northern Arizona so I can scare myself thinking about Skinwalkers. It's the only way to camp. My uncle tells a story of one time he was camping near the San Francisco peaks and he heard bells in the middle of the night, like jingle bells that Hopi kachina use and some Navajo use in ceremonies. He said it was terrifying. God I would love to hear some bells.
>>
File: skinwalker posting.png (71KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
skinwalker posting.png
71KB, 1000x700px
>>1030214
HMM GEE I WONDER WHO IS BEHIND THIS POST HMM GEE
>>
>>1028632
I was just reading spooky stories on /x/ and this is by-far the spookiest story I've heard in ages. Spookiest just because it's something very real unlike the goofy stuff x believe in
>>
>>1028502
Yo nigga I'm in Ogemaw county. Where were you at.
>>
>>1030080
That was literally one county away from me. I believe that was Mio.

>>1030071

Op you was about 1.5 maybe 2 hours away from me.

>Its sounds to me like some creepy fugger was walking around through the woods at night. Coulda just been a drunk or something.

Its sounds like he got nervous when he saw your domelight and dove to the ground. He was probably just freaked out but, I guess he coulda been a psycho.

Anyway the reason people get scared when things like that happen is because of instinct. If people never felt like that they would just non chalantly walk into terrible situations.
>>
>>1030080
I'm pretty sure what happened was they got into an argument at a bar. They then made up with the intent of luring them to a party.

The reason they lured them to a party was to murder them. Then they ran them through a wood chipper and fed them to pigs.

They got caught by bragging about it.
>>
>>1030248
I think that way off thinking is pretty cool and all, but how am I supposed to fall asleep if I'm on edge all night?
>>
>>1030593
You have to trust your body will wake you up when a twig snaps too close
>>
>>1029172
If I had a license I would. Because I don't I'll usually just bring a machete.
>>
>>1028501
Bumping for more spooky stories
>>
Not a gun fag at all but I always bring my compact 9mm loaded with self defense rounds whenever I'm /out/. No one will be around to help you if things turn south and weird shit happens in the woods sometimes. I don't understand why anyone would take the chance of going /out/ without packing heat.
>>
>>1028501
Hell it's all well and good to fight if you can see what's up and have a chance. But you had no interests, nothing to prove and no idea who was out there.
>>
bump for spookster stories
>>
>>1030264
Hes done nothing wrong. Skinwalker mean no harm.
>>
>>1029172
Yes, because rarely am I camping and not hunting.

On a related note, there's an area near me notorious for frequent occurrences of ball lightning. I've personally seen it 4x and there's over 50 reported incidents a year.

The third time I saw it I figured it would be a good idea to shoot the ball from a distance of about 150m.

It was not a good idea. The ball fucking exploded and started a small forest fire.
>>
>>1029015
t. skinwalker
>>
>>1028501
You aren't a bitch necessarily. You probably were in this case but sometimes you will feel pure evil and malevolence in the air and your gut will clench and your hair will stand up and that primal instinct will instruct you to GTFO, and you should heed it.
>>
>>1035005
wow. that's weird. on the almost impossible chance that I actually ever see that stuff and I actually have a gun, I won't do something that seems cool but now thanks to you I know is actually very stupid.

I've always wanted to see ball lightning, though. Sailors call it St. Elmo's Fire, when conditions are right it tends to incorporate around ship's masts. Or did, back when ships still had masts, anyway. It seems pretty badass.

Do they know why the area by you is so conducive to ball lightning? physical terrain? atmospheric/microclimate? mineral content?
>>
File: hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (96KB, 960x860px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
96KB, 960x860px
>>1028501
>>1028523

when i first started solo camping i had this problem pretty bad. the important thing is, like other anons suggested, be the baddest thing around.
be armed and ready for danger, whenever i camp somewhere unfamiliar at the very least i have a knife/bearspray by my pillow. as an american its your patriotic duty to carry a gun.

i recommend ear plugs to quiet down random noises, you will still hear something approaching if it comes close enough.

if you still cant sleep with all of the above i recommend smoking some weed before bed, however its not a good idea in predator country where your inebriated sleep state can cause you to not be awoken by imminent danger.
>>
>>1035005
> I figured it would be a good idea to shoot the ball from a distance of about 150m.
>The ball fucking exploded and started a small forest fire.

Fake and gay. You have to be at least 18 years old to post here kiddo.
>>
>>1028501
>12:30 am
>light is getting closer and seems to be being used discreetly
>accidentally nudge my driver side door, which turns on the interior headlamp
>see the light swivel down the ground and then switch off
That's honestly creepy. Best case scenario, it was poachers, who you really don't want to mess with, but they also don't want to mess with you. Worst case scenario, it was people doing much worse illegitimate shit, maybe burglarizing a nearby cabin.

>>1028547
Fuck off back to /x/.
>>
>>1036785
>i recommend smoking some weed before bed
That sounds like a great solution to OP's paranoia.
>>
>>1028547
tell me more, give us spooks
>>
>>1028523
Night vision goggles and a sniper rifle. That sumbutch likes to whistle? Create some new holes for him to whistle outta.
>>
Not solo but still odd.
>buddy invites me to hang out with him night fishing at a spot, 20 minute walk from the road
>no liscense at the time so I bring some beers and we Bullshit and smoke while he catches catfish.
>it's pitch black now
>he gets up to take a piss
>comes back said he ran into a shady looking dude
>good thing he didn't follow
>10 minutes go by
>hear something, turn around and there's a guy in his 30s with a small fresh cut on his face
>about 20 feet from us smoking a cigarette
>it's the guy
>asks what we are doing
>"fishing"
>friend makes very clear that he has a knife by cutting bait in front of the guy.
>grab other knife that was on the ground and make a bit of a show of putting it in my pocket.
>ask him what he's doing
>"waiting for someone"
>he continues to watch us for about 20minutes silent
>fuck this let's go
>as we are loading up our shit at our cars I see him get in his car and leave

Never went back to that spot
>>
>>1037000
That's some sketchy shit
>>
>>1037000

>Waiting for someone

That sounds like an actual ghost, what, was he waiting for the guy who killed him? Fucking ghosts get out of my woods, reeee
>>
>>1028501
Did that once in a campground in central Nevada (columbine) woke up scared as fuck packed my shit and hauled ass. Just a feeling but who the fuck knows.
>>
>>1029172
A firearm gives the illusion of security, but illusions are comforting, just ask religious people.
>>
>>1029892
How is waiting in the tent for the rain to pass listening to their ego? I'm just confused because it sounds a lot safer to just stay in the tent until it stops storming versus packing up, hiking out in the dark and trying to not trip and break a leg, when a storm with lightening is almost on you.
>>
>>1037070
We came to the conclusion that he was probably a tweaker that was spun out and thought my buddy was alone and easy to rob.

Tweakers are scarier than ghosts.
>>
so this brings up a question i've had for a while. what do people bring to camp for personal protection? i have a little glock, but i was thinking of picking up a small 20 ga. shotgun or something.

i think haven't a dependable firearm would really help keep people settled down.
>>
>>1036785
>upset by potential dangers
>use earplugs
>try weed
What the shit, Anon?
>>
>late night walk home in the city
>cut through the park to save time
>scan path with flashlight
>car on other side starts up and drives away
At this point I figured it was kids making out or something; a little odd, but eh.
>notice door open in park building
>set of bathrooms that are never unlocked
>men's room is open and light is on
>approach real careful-like
>nobody there but it's some real slender shit
>walk around the building
>car comes back, pulls into lot next to building
>spots me
>drives off (again)
I figure now is about the time to leave, but eh. I'm curious.
>hang around
>figure they're coming back
>find spot to hang out
>wait like 5 mins
Sure enough, it's pulling up again.
>hear them park, listen real close
>nothing
>on a hunch go back to the building that was opened
>still nothing
>go to vantage point on parking lot
>they left all quiet-like
>figure it's not worth waiting for them to roll around again, plus being in a stupid place with stupid people at a stupid time for a stupid reason is probably stupid
What'd I witness? Drug drop? Teenage tryst?

More importantly, does /out/innabout in the city count?
>>
>>1028501
>elk
>balkan
there is no wapiti anywhere in europe
>>
>>1037865
? all of those things will help you sleep
>>1036915
its not for everyone
>>
>>1037960
>D A N G E R
>A
>N
>G
>E
>R

Valium would help you sleep too, but that's FUCKING STUPID.
>>
>>1028632
I have a similar story. Spoiler: It was fucking nothing.

It was night and I was in my boathouse. Full moon and clear sky. No artificial light and eyes were well adjusted.
I thought I was seeing a figure out in the distance. Someone dressed in white.
It seemed to be getting closer every time I looked.
I observe it through the window. Still pretty far away.

30 minutes in I go for my boat gun.
Load up 2+1 with #8 birdshit and fill my pockets with BBB (heaviest I have)

I open the window and fire all three shells at him as a warning.
I hide while I load the BBB and think about getting in the boat and driving away so that's what I do.
I start the boat and get away without looking back.

Next day when it's light I go back to find grey overalls hanging on a tree.

I don't think there was never any murderer. Just a suit that someone got wet the left in the woods by mistake.
>>
>>1038100
What ever happened to always being sure of your target and what is behind it? So many times I read about this "durp I thought there was a skinwalker in the bush so I magdumped into it".

Fucking dangerous, paranoid manchildren.
>>
Not a scary story, but it pissed me off at the time.
>friend invites me along on a 1 night backpacking trip
>him and another friend are going, sharing a 2 man tent
>decide I'll bring my 1 man tent
>start packing
>"hey anon bring your new hammock set up, thing looks nice!"
>ok, will there be trees?
>yeah plenty
>start hike next day
>elevation keeps climbing and climbing
>I already know where this is going
>it's about 8pm, we're looking to set up camp
>big fucking surprise, we've gone well above treeline
>not a tree in sight, middle of windy ass valley
>"lol oops sorry anon, no trees after all"
>they tuck into their tent just fine, laughing like maniacs
>stomp off looking for a good ditch to sleep in so I don't freeze
>find a rocky spot in a small dip
>wrap my hammock fly around me like a bivy and go to sleep

I wasn't pleased that I was uncovered in bear territory, but ended up having a solid night out. Good stars and such. Still pissed that I didn't do trip research and for trusting my friend, the bastard. Lesson(s) learned.
>>
>>1038186
It was an empty suit.
But had it been a person - or anything else, he'd have had no business or right being there at all.
>>
>>1038229

You don't know who it could have been or what may have been afoot. I'm not saying It's ok for people to trade around wherever they like but what I am saying is that It's your duty as a responsible adult to apply a little common sense in handling your firearms.
>>
>>1037919
>What'd I witness? Drug drop? Teenage tryst?

Gay dogging. Gay dudes do some shady stuff at those sites though so it could have been pretty bad. A gay guy I know got gang raped at one of them.
>>
>>1037082
It is only really an illusion of security while you are sleeping..if you are awake, it is a reality. I think the best thing is to be armed and also have a well trained dog, that way they can alert you if any wonky shit starts up while you are sawing logs.
>>
>midnight sun
>dick around in the woods looking for lakes
>finally find a lake hours later
>get no fish for a while
>fog starts appearing
>pack up and follow a trail figuring it leads to civilization
>gets foggier
>hear something that sounds like a pigeon or something
>all of a sudden a scream
>cant see shit around me because of fog
>walk faster hoping its some kind of fucked up bird trying to mate
>hear it again
>pigeon sound followed by a scream
>keep walking not looking back
>hear it again coming closer
>start jogging
>losing my breath and feeling the hours of computer gaming
>hear it again as if it was right behind me
>run as fast as i can until i reach a hillside looking down at the coast and a couple of houses
>sound goes further away
>fog clears up as i walk down
>find the road and head home
most likely a fox fucking with me. i knew they screamed but the pigeon noises right before was what got to me. i imagined some beaked witch following me using the fog to disorient me.
>>
>>1038484

Ever hear a peacock at 4 in the morning? Sounds like a dinosaur.
The sound carries for a distance too.

Scared the shit out of me first time I heard it. Still startles me sometimes.

Fucking stupid animals being in the woods making noises and shit.
This is why we shoot you.
>>
>>1029871
How do you carry when /out/?
>>
>>1036785
The weed is a terrible idea. Whiskey, on the other had, is a great way to bolster your courage and help you sleep.
>>
>>1037340
Depends on what you're wanting to protect yourself against and what you're willing to carry. When I'm just hiking somewhere, I'll usually just bring my 9mm S&W Shield. If I'm camping in a pretty friendly area, like a state park, I'll usually just bring it too. If I'm camping in a more sketchy area, I'll either bring a full sized 9mm, a 12 ga pump, or either my AR or AK. A 20 ga would probably be fine too, as long as its not a break action and you don't load it with birdshot. If you're just worried about people, any of those will be good, although rifles and shotguns are better than handguns if you'e really worried about getting ax murdered. If you're worried about bears or other large animals, I'd recommend ether a revolver chambered in something like 44 mag, a large caliber rifle, or a shotgun loaded with slugs.
Whatever you get, though, I'd recommend you have a way of attaching some kind of high-output light on it, especially if you have a long gun. Trying to fumble around with a rifle in one hand and a flashlight in the other is very awkward.
>>
>>1037924
Elk=Moose in Europe.
>>
>>1038509
I grew up with peacocks, on average there were 20 at any one time. Their call makes me so comfy and at home. Had a weird experience in India when everything around me was totally alien but then a peacock called out and I was suddenly over come with a feeling of being at home.
>>
>go /out/
>get beaten up by locals because it's "their" spot
>>
>>1038799
>going /out/
>being completely defenseless
>>
>>1037082
Ah, I see you prefer to bring a fedora on your trips. Good choice.
>>
>>1028632
Holy fuck that's scary. Are you completely sure it was a person and your senses weren't fooling you?
>>
>>1037070
Why are so many /x/ posters on this board.

get out of here with your ghosts and skinwalker nonsense.
>>
>>1038853
1 vs 6.
>>
>>1030315
Canadacuck here, my dad has a cabin off Island Lake.

Nice area. Land is dirt cheap.

Everyone's fat, though.
>>
>>1039345
more like
>gun vs 6.

Seriously, "getting beat up" isn't something normal members of society inflict on others. If the six of them could beat you up just because, what else could they have done? On top of that, crowd beatings have a chance of killing you whether they meant to or not. You might want to carry a rifle with you if you're going to frequent these spots. Or even if you don't.
>>
>>1039565
More like 6 armed people vs 1 armed person
>>
Are the same people having the same argent about whether or not guns are ok in multiple differ threads right now? Because that's lame.
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>1028501
>OP avoids being gangraped
>feels bad about it
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>1040138
I'm the guy who got beat up by 6 people and I didn't post in gun threads.
>>
>>1040123
>6vs1
Samuel Colt realized a solution to your problem sometime in the 1800s.
>>
>>1038238
Looking back, it wasn't a well thought out decision to fire because it was literally an empty suit.

I wasn't 100% sure of the suit's intentions, which is why I fired harmless birdshot as a warning.
I'm still undecided weather it was the right choice to use a half measure had it been a genuine target.

The main reason for telling the story is that even though I wasn't sure of the suit's intent, I was positive it was a person, and was inching closer.
I even got the color wrong.

I don't know how or why, but your mind can decieve you into seeing shit that isn't there, and fear and adrenaline and tunnel vision can cause you to act irrationally.
I was definitely scared. Lots of thoughts ran through my mind but I wasn't really 'there' to grasp them.

The change from fight to flight was almost instantaneous. But it felt like seconds.

It's a difficult feeling to explain.
Kind of like when you're driving and you zone out thinking about shit and the car finds itself home.
>>
>>1030261
I live in northern Arizona. I spend most of my time deep in the woods hunting and scouting or cutting wood. When I find animal bones, which is pretty much daily, I take them to popular campsites and roads and set them up to look like satanic alters. I also make sure to clean my squirrel and cottontails there when possible and get a bloody mess all over the bones.

A few years back the local paper ran a story about how some campers found a satanic alter. The family vowed to never come back. Feels good to mess with flatlanders.
>>
>>1038060
>Valium would help you sleep too, but that's FUCKING STUPID.
not if your camp weekend turns out great by having a great sleep you dumb fuck.
>>
>>1041623

please tell me you have some pics to share....
>>
>>1041717
It's not stupid to have a good night's sleep, but it is stupid to take sleeping pills while /out/
>>
>>1037340
Not American, so friends and dogs.
>>
>>1043011
Unfortunately not so much. I don't often take my phone out wit me. Yesterday I found a cow skeleton. I stuck all the leg bones straight up in the dirt in the middle of a popular road. I usually put the ribcages in trees around camp sites. People are easily frightened. Forest are full of animal bones. Might as well be put to use.
>>
>>1041717
Yeah valium would be stupid to recommend if you fuck up the doses then it might ruin your trip

Just take nyquil or melatonin, easy to get otc and a lot harder to get negative side effects from dosing too much. Not to mention you actually know what you're taking since they're otc and you're not getting them from some sketch dealer.
>>
>>1037082

God save me from this knife wielding maniac....

>stabbed to death

Aim gun and fire on knife wielding maniac

>attacker killed

Yeah... what an illusion

Do axes and chainsaws also provide the illusion of being able to cut wood?
>>
>>1038717

Not him but generally still concealed unless it's a rifle/shotgun
>>
>>1041717
>>1043018
>>1043392
>great sleep
>obtained via medication
>in a setting where you may be required to wake up and function
Damn. I don't like sleep aids innacity, I can't imagine using one /out/ there.
>>
>>1043451
>cutting wood with axes and chainsaws
Just learn to baton, who needs axes and chainsaws anyway?
>>
I've got one terrifying experience

>going camping in Michigan a few years ago
>after fishing for the day decide to go for a walk in the woods
>sun is winding down and I lose track of where I am
>slightly foggy and slowly getting darker so I took my flashlight out
>search around the woods for what feels like hours
>eventually come across a piece of paper stuck to a tree
>It has a child's drawing on it, dismiss it as some kid's blair witch prank
>follow the trail near to where I found drawing
>find 3 more, all sinister drawings like the first with people being hanged or covered in blood
>hear branches breaking behind me wtf
>speed up
>I could have sworn I heard voices too from around me
>after sprinting through the dark turn around
>faceless guy in suit behind jumps me
>4/8 pages found click to continue
>turn off computer and make dinner
>>
>>1028527

Gotta agree here, listen to your gut.
>>
>>1037070

>>>/x/
>>
>>1028501
Dont worry about it. Solo camping is the most frightening experience for even experienced campers. For a long time I only hiked at night, and slept in the day, when I was solo. Then after that, I only slept in trees. Took a long time to get used to what is and what isn't human, or how to hide from humans.
>>
>>1044022
100% always listen to gut. Millions of years later, we still have animal instinct.

Also
Only retards take drugs while solo camping.
>>
>>1028501
>get hungry innawoods with buddies
>we go out to look for food
>only have shotgun
>getting dark
>see something fly above
>BOOM
>it was a bat
>ohwell.jpg
>put in my pocket and head back to camp
>lost it on the way back
another time
>say skinwalker out loud innawoods
>wake up and feel spooped at night
>go back to sleep
>wake up again not spooped
>>
>>1040123
>>1040694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_7br_3y54
>>
>muh skinwalkers
Ticks are worse.
>>
I'm sure it's even more difficult for people to be alone because they are constantly connected and fondling their phones. I wonder how some of you would react if you had to wait for a bus and forgot your phone, or just forgot your phone period.

I've slept alone plenty of times outdoors in remote locations. I sleep well but I tend to wake up at the slightest noise (then go back to sleep again).
>>
>>1045358
I dont carry a phone.
>>
>haven't camped since I was a kid
>bought a shotgun for some rabbit hunting
>have zero confidence to actually go camping and re-teach myself how to do basic shit

What do? I don't even know the most basic shit, because my parents used to do it all for me.
>>
>>1029500
badpenny ?
>>
>>1028501
lmfaoooooo
>>
>>1046135
What is there to know? Modern tents are retard-proof, if you're too pussy to make a fire (put smaller stuff under the bigger stuff and make sure the big stuff can breathe) just use a gas stove (propane, butane or blend). Bring enough water or just make sure there's a source nearby (filtration/boiling optional, depending on your bravery). What else even is there to know? Bring a GPS or smartphone app if you're worried about getting lost.
>>
>>1037082
What Bullshit
>>
>>1037919
Fags probably
>>
>>1038100
You are lucky your not doing life.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.