[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with these motherfuckers? Do you just ignore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Mosquito_Tasmania_crop.jpg (574KB, 1719x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Mosquito_Tasmania_crop.jpg
574KB, 1719x1296px
How do you deal with these motherfuckers? Do you just ignore them? No I don't want to use the cancerous spray.
>>
>>1043093
Icaridin or DEET.

Otherwise, don't go out.
>>
Don't shower for 3 weeks. Or chainsmoke cigarettes. If you're too dainty for either of those, light a cigar and dangle from your neck or pack.
>>
File: unnamed (10).jpg (30KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (10).jpg
30KB, 500x449px
citrus oil/citronella
>>
>No I don't want to use the cancerous spray

Don't be a wuss.
>>
File: 1496992743819.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496992743819.gif
3MB, 200x200px
Long sleeves and pants. Generally minimize exposed skin. Put bug repellant lotion on what is exposed. Bonus points for permethrin on your clothes and shit.
>>
>>1043153
Motherfuckers bit me through long sleeves and merino gloves.
>>
>>1043160
Yeah but it's better than bare skin. Also try and stick to light colors
>>
Well that's the thing, bud.

Either feel the glorious relief of bug spray, ignore the mosquitos, or stay indoors.
>>
Ok let's try another way, how did people in the past deal with bugs like mosquitoes and black flies?
>>
>>1043183
see >>1043109
>don't shower for 3 weeks
>>
I've had success laying low to the ground, moving little, and blowing on mosquitos rather than swatting at them.
>>
>>1043185
Shower as in no soap and stuff right? That's already what I do. Pretty sure they bathed in rivers pretty often though
>>1043203
all right thanks for sharing, gonna try that out next time
>>
Eat raw onion works for me every time I go out on a hike
>>
Also you can put dirt on your skin I've done this a couple of times
>>
>>1043109
>>1043185
/hgt/ here can confirm not showering makes no difference to pterodactyls
>>
>>1043093
No bare skin and headnet
>>
>>1043229
no slutshaming please i should not have to live under sharia to defeat the skeets
>>
Which mosquito repellant are you saying causes cancer?
>>
Name one bug spray that actually works against these things. I have yet to find one.
>>
>>1043160
>Motherfuckers bit me through long sleeves and merino gloves.
You need to wear clothing with a weave tight enough to keep them from biting through it
A windbreaker works great
Wear a head net too
The barrier method works when DEET fails
>>
>>1043093
>How do you deal with these motherfuckers? Do you just ignore them?
yes
>>
>>1043272
DEET but it's actually cancer
>>
File: CAM00051.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00051.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>Eat homemade meals with lots of garlic and onions
>wear jeans if u can but you dont want to be super sweaty it attracts more bugs
>use a cintrella based bug lotion before you go out
>wash your hair with tea tree shampoo helps with ticks too
>>
>>1043093
Native coconut oil always worked, if you don't mind being a little oily.
Forgot it last time and was fighting flies, mosquitos and horseflies all the time. And every now and then I had to pick some ticks off my ballsack.
Couldn't get shit done because of doing spastic movements all the time which also dehydrated me more in the hot weather.
>>
get some essential citronella or rosemary oil, mix with some water and put it in a spray bottle.
>>
DEET is perfectly safe and literally the most effective insect repellant ever invented by man, and you are literally a dumbass if you don't use it while /out/. Stop believing old wives tales. I use at least 40% concentration and it is highly effective against dangerous insects like ticks and mosquitoes...I have found it to be hit or miss with gnats and other non dangerous annoying insects. Vanilla body sprays, such as those from victoria secrets, have been highly effective against gnats in my experience...so I use a combination of that and DEET.
>>
>>1043093
You can mix essential oils like lemon and other shit and spray it on. However you have to respray every 15 minutes.
>>
>>1043585
>DEET is effective against ticks
You better be doing tick checks. Permethrin is the only thing worthwhile for ticks.
>>
>>1043183
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgdNNWSAMqc
>>
File: Permethrin.jpg (91KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Permethrin.jpg
91KB, 1024x1024px
>>1043093
The single most effective insect repellent I've used is Permethrin, you spray it on your clothes beforehand and it stays on through several washes.

I used it when I was clearing a metric asston of dense viney brush on the bank of a creek on my parent's property, it was essentially a 10 foot tall mass of dense impassable Wisteria vines and trees filled with every pest found in Virginia, the entire process took about two weeks and I didn't find a single tick or mosquito bite on me until I went to retrieve my chainsaw in untreated clothes which resulted in several ticks gaining hold. I've also had similar results while camping, I use permethrin treated long sleeve shirts/pants and have a treated hammock as well, I pretty much never have to deal with ticks and mosquitoes but my friends always seem to get eaten alive.

The one caveat is that you have to use long pants and shirts, if you leave significant skin exposed you will end up with mosquitoes getting you, baring that anything with 30%+ DEET seems to work well, just about anything else is worthless.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.