[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you're out, do you to put yourself in dangerous situation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: 76587.webm (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
76587.webm
27KB, 320x240px
When you're out, do you to put yourself in dangerous situation on purpose for thrill's sake?
>>
File: DSC_0053.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0053.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
I often try more challenging routes and more dangerous approaches on my outings because I believe it feels better once you've completed it and you have achieved something greater.

That being said, when I'm with other people I will always make sure they understand the risks and will ask if they want to or not. And if I'm in a situation where if a problem arose I'd be in even bigger trouble, then I may proceed cautiously.
>>
File: IMG_0290.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0290.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
On my way, baby.

[spoiler] kidding, I'm not retarded. Just took this photo--fires are scary.
>>
>>1042968
No
I fully support the people who do though, since there are too many people on the planet
Good riddance to retards
>>
>>1043059
holy shit
>>
File: 55_1.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
55_1.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>1042968
Took me 4 hours to climb that ridge, the storm was coming up sp I decended straight downhill, which is the same as it's seen on the opposire range. Quoting Bear Grylls helped to keep fun mode, but the wind and rain made me feel that special vibe
>>
File: 7656_1.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
7656_1.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>1043522
On the next days went to snow zone, same outfit, got in the storm again, filmed this when the sun appeared for a minute. Waklek straight on top of that ridge into the blizzard, the sound of lightning coming from that dark side was really scary.
>>
i have done it, in a controlled sort of way, so i knew if there was danger it wouldn't be lethal. it was exciting and helped me to get out of a bit of a funk i was experiencing.
>>
File: 232424_1.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
232424_1.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>1043531
Then on my way back I lost my path again, fortunately later sun appeared literally for a moment and I saw the a part of surrounding mountains and relized I've decended into the abyss, which I was avoiding all the time to not fall into, and had to crawl back till I found my last footsteps and made it on the right way.
>>
Not usually. I've had too many close calls when being careful to risk being slap happy.
>>
>>1043059
stay safe, southerns.
>>
>>1043522
Mountains/hills are so foreign to me. I want to hike and trek some, but I'm afraid I'll do something retarded without knowing any better.
>>
>>1043765
Be ready for unstable weather conditions, it can rain, snow, heat and be freezing cold all together on the same day. Lightnings are very frequent up there as well, you'll feel like a fish on a frying pan when they start to hit, and there's no place to hide really. Acclimatization is also very important, even if you're well trained at home, you'll feel like a rag in your first days on altitude. I was about to head back home, for I literally couldn't walk uphill, after few days though got into shape and ran the paths easily.
>>
>>1042968
no, don't be stupid and poke the metaphorical, or literal, bear

there's enough morons killing themselves just trying to take an effing selfie
>>
Yes.
>>
>>1043765
Be prepared not to be able to breathe. This is a hard lesson for flatlanders to accept especially if they are athletic. The first few days you will have extremely low energy in the mountains while your body adjusts to the lower oxygen levels. Afterwards it's all fun and games.

Also like >>1044404 said we get some !!fun!! weather. Current weather is 90ºF days 45ºF nights.
>>
>>1045709
Altitude sickness usually only occurs well above 2500 metres so he'll probably be fine.
>>
>>1042968

Never do--I'm almost always by myself and really don't want to risk putting myself unnecessarily in a situation that I don't want to be in.
>>
>>1045715
>Altitude sickness usually only occurs well above 2500 metres

Id say even more than that. I live at 7300 feet (2225 meters) and many visistors come to this town without ever any problems. My experience is that altitude sickness doesn't kick in for flatlanders until at least 9,500 feet (2900 meters).
>>
>>1042968
Yes :3
>>
File: 50d.jpg (93KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
50d.jpg
93KB, 600x600px
>>1045715
>>1046054
I wonder who could be behind these posts
>>
>>1042968
I don't do crazy scary situations, but I am a lot more risky. I went out on a steep rock outcropping to fish yesterday. The water is very cold and probably 15-20 feet deep. I'm ok when I'm there.

But when I lay down at night I start freaking out about what if I had fell.

I also go /out/ alone cause I have no gf or friends. And then when it's time to lay down I start freaking out about what if I got hurt and no one could find me.

What's wrong with me?
>>
>>1046208
There's nothing wrong with going /out/ all by yourself, quite the opposite in fact. Especially when you don't have friends to accompany you.
>>
>>1046212
Yah but every time I do, I instantly regret it that night when I lay down. I start freaking out about all the dangerous stuff that could have happened and I can't sleep.
>>
File: Schwarze_Wand_-_Vom_Gschlößtal.jpg (144KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
Schwarze_Wand_-_Vom_Gschlößtal.jpg
144KB, 1280x851px
>>1046054
You're right. Now that I've looked a little bit more into it I've come to understand that, while symptoms may occur at 2500 meters (8200 feet), altitude sickness generally starts to kick in at 3500 meters (11500 feet). Wikipedia even says that only 10-25% of flatlanders experience symptoms at 3000 meters (9800 feet).
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.