[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All the Ash Trees in my wood are dying.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: eab-adult.jpg (3MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
eab-adult.jpg
3MB, 3072x2048px
Anyone dealt with this, I am in central USA where nearly every ash tree in our 96 acre area is dead or dying. I have read about the Emerald Ash Borer and have found a website that shows infected trees in my area. At this point am I safe to assume my entire wood is effected. Is there anyway to save the remaining trees or do I cut my losses and start chopping firewood.
>>
>>1041329

Pretty much fucked I'm afraid.

Depending on your budget and the number of trees you want to save there are 'medications' which a certified arborist can apply but they're expensive and no guarantee.

Most municipal governments removed the dead and dying Ash and replaced it with Green Ash - which is not susceptible to infestation but which is also not as nice a tree.

Sorry about your trees. Anthropogenic environment change is a bitch.
>>
Start chopping fire wood and planting new trees. Same shit happened around the midwest. The entire county got wiped out.
>>
>>1041329
Happened in the UK. Start chopping, I'm afraid.
>>
>>1041329
same here in Germany, I guess you're fucked
>>
>>1041329
that sucks, i hear its wiping out tons of trees in canada and the to the east - only hope is colder winters to kill the eggs - try chilling your trees
>>
>>1041329
>firewood

It would be worth more as lumber.
>>
>>1041329
Cut them and plant Walnut and Sugar Maple
>>
The entire north america population of ash trees are at risk.... crazy thought.
>>
>>1041612
It would be full of ash borer galleries.

>>1041329
I worked on this issue for the US Forest Service for a bit. We've seen promising results in young saplings not being touched by the borer so the thinking is you can replant now and hopefully the emerald ash borer will be gone by the time those trees are old enough to be infested.

Other than that, there's not much else to be done.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.