[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shakedown Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: pack.jpg (1MB, 3060x2304px) Image search: [Google]
pack.jpg
1MB, 3060x2304px
Hi /out/, let's have a shakedown thread. post your gear and your intended use and other anons tell you what they would change or do differently.

Also if you have any questions as to how to pack for a given situation you can ask them here.

Here's my gear for an upcoming 3 month trek, details will be in the next post.
>>
File: first aid.jpg (883KB, 3789x1643px) Image search: [Google]
first aid.jpg
883KB, 3789x1643px
On the floor from left to right in the top row is: my bag with tarp and trowel, tent with pole and stakes on top of sleeping pad, fleece sleeping bag liner, pot with cup and lid (the canister, stove, spork, and towel below will all go inside), below that is my water filter and to the right is all my extra clothes (a fleece top, synthetic t-shirt, second pair of underwear, two more pair of socks, also a hat and gloves)

The second row contains: a rainjacket, maps also a notepad and pen wrapped with some duct tape, my first aid kit*, iodine (for water treatment but also first aid), toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, toothpicks, hair pick, balm), tp, extra plastic bags, electronics (two phone chargers and cables also a battery pack and extra batteries, flashlight, headlamp, bearbag with rope bag on top.

On the bed are the items that will be on me: hat, bandanna, sunglasses, whistle, knife, hand sanitizer, mp3 player, clothes including nylon zip off pants and a light long sleeved cotton shirt, shoes.

*First aid kit weighs only half a pound and contains, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, bug bite ointment (this is for my dog so he doesn’t scratch himself too much), an assortment of bandages, scissors, needle and thread, safety pins, extra batteries, extra lighter, a pair of nitrile gloves, anti-histamines, anti-diarrheals, anti-inflammatories, an emergency blanket, a mirror, and a roll of athletic tape.

Backpack weighs less than 25 lbs, and everything in the picture plus the phone in my hands weighs about 28 lbs
>>
enter everything into lighterpack with weights, then we might have something work with. https://lighterpack.com/r/6jzbjh
>>
File: 20170619_041414.jpg (450KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20170619_041414.jpg
450KB, 1280x960px
My EDC.
>>
>>1041233
Itemize your first aid shit. At 150g combined for first aid and wash, you're not carrying the essentials.

Anyway, here's mine
https://lighterpack.com/r/8kvegu
>>
>>1041233
Itemize your first aid, weight's low enough it makes me think you've just got very basic boo-boo shit.

You didn't include any fuel, and those little alcohol stoves use a LOT of fuel.

Otherwise, looks good.
>>
File: IMG_20170620_120119630_HDR.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_120119630_HDR.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
City boy ,My EDC plus,
wallet , handkerchief,first aid kit,power battery, earphone
At first think the bag was a memw,but a meme in offer,tree years later it's really worthy,just 20 bucks
>>
>>1042053
>AXE
>Digital camo backpack

Man
>>
File: IMG_20170620_123409421_HDR.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_123409421_HDR.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>1042064
I know but is very arid where I live and sometime u.exp/trespassing
The deodorant is a necessity for me as only get out of bathing i begin to sweat
(I'm bath like 2-3 times at day, morning,work,gym)
Better view of the bag
>>
>>1041161
>>1041163

Ok, I created a lighterpack.. Took forever to weigh all that shit. https://lighterpack.com/r/8sfojs

Do you think this is too much stuff to carry over a long distance?

>inb4 get rid of the bag
I know the bag is like a third of my pack weight, but it's worth it. It is the most comfortable pack I've ever worn and has so many nice features that it is not worth buying a lighter pack to save maybe 2 lbs.
>>
Do you guys really not carry any clothes when you are out?

>>1041233
>>1041318

No rainjacket or flashlight?

I know this is meant to be just the basics, so, how much would you estimate your pack actually weights (without food and water) when you head out?
>>
>>1041318
>>1041320
I carry just a couple of plasters and some alcohol wipes.

Fuel is a consumable so I didn't include it. But I carry about 25ml of alcohol per day, just enough to boil ~350 mls of water.

>>1042939
I carry thermals for sleeping in and as dry clothes at the end of the day. There should be a gortex shell and pertex trousers on list. I use the light on my phone if I need to.
>>
>>1042939
Just checked, I have water proofs on that list. That is all I take. If it's going to be cold then I add a nano puff jacket.
>>
>>1042934
>https://lighterpack.com/r/8sfojs
man thats a cool tool, thanks !
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.