[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mountain Stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hello everyone! Have any of you ever had any experience in hiking any of the following mountains located in California?

Mt. Whitney
Mount Langley
Mount Williamson
White Mountain Peak
Lone Pine Peak

We usually hike Mt. Whitney, but this year getting a permit is next to impossible and their is no way I can drive a couple hours for the lottery system to tell me that I am not allowed on the Mt. that day.. Have any of you had any experience with these mountains? If so any suggestions on which one you prefer?
>>
Up?
>>
>>1040784
Last up
>>
I recommend Shasta and Lassen in the North. Beautiful mountains you can hike or drive, no permit needed.
>>
>>1040784
Not sure if you'd consider the drive worth it, but I enjoyed the shit out of climbing Mt. Hood.
>>
There's a lottery for Mt. Whitney? Dear lord, didn't realize that many people did it. Would I have any issue with that if I was hiking the HST coming from the west, or is that only from Whitney Portal?
>>
>>1045983
it's been that way for over a decade. but just from whitney portal. 100 day hikers and 50 overnighters per day, iirc, and basically the whole season for the entire eastern drainage of whitney (russell to muir) books in february. unless you plan to overnight in the whitney zone, then i believe you're subject to the same quota restrictions.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.