[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone like to mine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

i live in southern new hampshire right down the road from a beryl mine and i have spent a few days there out in the woods looking for beryl. so far i have found pure beryl which is clear and emerald and aquamarine beryl as well as golden beryl. other stones include smoky and rose quartz and a small garnet. id like to get into it more and perhaps someone on here could provide tips on how to look for small minerals and gems in dirt much better? currently i use a small rock hammer and pick through the dirt and rocks for the pieces. there was an old cave but i think someone blew it up because its all rubble now.
>>
File: 20170615_211821.jpg (658KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_211821.jpg
658KB, 2048x1152px
stones i have found
>>
File: 20170610_164315.jpg (458KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_164315.jpg
458KB, 2048x1152px
>>
File: 20170610_164356.jpg (498KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_164356.jpg
498KB, 2048x1152px
>>
File: 20170615_211828.jpg (701KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_211828.jpg
701KB, 2048x1152px
>>
I don't know anything about mining but this seems pretty neat, anon.
>>
Seems fun
>>
>>1039868
Never really had the urge to mine but if I had access to one of sure as shit be poking around a lot
>>
>>1039868
How can i learn to mine anon?
>>
>>1039868
Where's this mine at? I'm in middle New Hampshire and want to poke around an old mine.
>>
>>1039868

I don't think it counts, but I made what is effectively a sluice even though I don't use it as such.

We don't have any valuable minerals in my area but I enjoy digging up rare/unusual rocks in my creek. I took a bunch of 10 inch corrugated plastic pipe, cut it in half, and cut several 5 foot lengths. Each length runs down to a screen and a hopper so that each layer of screen has different sized stones to pick through. While I just use it to tumble clumps of rock and clay to break it up and sort out the rocks,the ridges are always full of "heavy" rocks like pyrite.

Got the whole thing loaded on my truck and I'm going up to northern Wisconsin for a week, going to try get some of those washburn county copper nuggets I've read about.
>>
nothing worth mining around here. it would be neat though. but i might try sometime. dig a big hole till i run into something.
>>
>>1039868
I grew up in Alabama and there is a big lake (Lake Martin) that had a few abandoned garnet mines in proximity. My dad's boss would take us there and we could dig them out of the dirt walls with just a screwdriver
>>
>>1039907
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKhDkilF5o6-rhIm0T7UUuDVYodezk8H0

This guy has a lot of land and he's started to make a mine. He packs it with explosives sometimes and sorts through the rock looking for cool stuff. Also his dog had a litter of puppies which followed him in and out of the mine for a few videos, it's super comfy.
>>
>>1040090

I didn't check your link, but I'm assuming it's Cody?

I can't really stand watching him. His older shit was halfway decent, but he keeps trying to look smart in his videos and they almost always end up sounding like a boring lecture from a guy who knows less about the subject at hand than I do. I did enjoy his super dense fluids series though.
>>
Mining is scary desu all that invisible stuff that can kill you
>>
>>1040169
>Mining is scary desu all that invisible stuff that can kill you

Living is full of those invisible things, why even worry about them?
>>
>>1040246
I don't know what kind of shit hole you live in, but subsidence, firedamp, methane deposits, silicosis, collapsing stopes, and sudden drowning aren't things that happen in my zip code on a regular basis. If that describes your day to day, you should probably move.
>>
i'm sure i hit rock withen 5 ft. probably slate.
>>
is it wrong for your suburban property to have a mine on it?
>>
>>1040428
Not if you live next to an unnaground /k/ommando.
>>
You should get a rock tumbler, OP, and see what you can do with it.
>>
File: TH.jpg (36KB, 370x462px) Image search: [Google]
TH.jpg
36KB, 370x462px
I made another thread but it got ignored. I live on ten acres below Tamborine Mountain in Australia, and the earth here is hard, red, volcanic soil.

There is a 'theme park' place down the road that is the world's largest producer of thunder eggs (pic related). I have been wondering what my chances are of finding anything decent if I just start digging around the property. Or maybe getting a metal detector.
>>
>>1042418

Thunder Eggs, Geodes, crystals, and other cool shit like that won't show up on a metal detector, Anon.
>>
>>1040410
>but subsidence, firedamp, methane deposits, silicosis, collapsing stopes, and sudden drowning

Earthquakes, gas leaks, asbestosis, structural failures, flash flooding... tornadoes, hurricane, car accidents, work accidents, terrorist attacks, lightning strike, solar flare, niggers moving in next door, atomic war, rabies, gunshot wounds from your new neighbors, cancer from literally everything, fertilizer explosion, dust explosion, radon in your basement, allergic reaction to an insect...

There are millions upon millions of others that will kill you just as dead. Why bother worrying about the ones underground when there are millions above ground that you dismiss every day because two seconds of planning keeps you safe from them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.