[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headwear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 12

sup sc/out/s
i washed my boonie hat in water that was too hot and now it doesn't fit. What do you all prefer for outdoor headgear? If anyone can recommend something that is wide brim and packable, i'd appreciate it
>>
Put it over your knee and stretch it
>>
File: pointy_hat_angle_l.jpg (240KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
pointy_hat_angle_l.jpg
240KB, 768x576px
I rock the Zpacks pointy hat
>>
File: pointy_hat_joe_l.jpg (189KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
pointy_hat_joe_l.jpg
189KB, 768x576px
>>1039791
>>
>>1039763
Lowes: OLE One Size Fits Most Men's Olive and Sand Cotton Wide-Brim Hat, $14.98
>>
File: tilley hat.png (263KB, 681x525px) Image search: [Google]
tilley hat.png
263KB, 681x525px
>>1039763
why not a Tilley hat?
>>
File: IMG_2675.jpg (13KB, 471x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2675.jpg
13KB, 471x312px
>>
>>1039800
>>1039798
these both look good, thanks
>>1039831
i'd love to LARP indiana jones but that doesn't look packable
>>
File: IMG_20170616_231539423-L.jpg (94KB, 799x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170616_231539423-L.jpg
94KB, 799x450px
>all these plebs that don't have a box of hats and 5 helmets to choose from
>>
>>1039853
so does the Zpacks hat faggot
>>
For the hot and dry days straw hats are unbeatable imo as they breath really well
>>
>>1039763
I wear a turban that's shades my face depending on how I shape it or cover my face save for my eyes

Thinking about getting those wide rim hats that have a flap on the back and sides to protect the neck and a flap to the root of the nose.

Basically I don't want directly light on my face especially but really anywhere on my body
>>
File: 99589.png (3MB, 1444x1152px) Image search: [Google]
99589.png
3MB, 1444x1152px
Wool watch cap or broad brim hat.
sadly the "serious musli" straw hat is no longer with us and has been replaced with a boring stetson one
>>
I usually use a ushanka. Keeps you warm in the winter (which is the majority of the year here), keeps the sun off in the summer (you'd be surprised at how it's not too hot) and can be used as a pillow.
>>
File: 65165.jpg (29KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
65165.jpg
29KB, 330x330px
>>
>dry, sunny and warm days
hat with a wide brim, preferably straw

>wet, sunny and warm days
hat with wide brim that's made of a material that doesns't mind getting wet

>cloudy warm days
any baseball cap will do

>cold days
insulated fieldcap with ear flaps, ushanka
>>
>>1039791
How many grams though?
>>
>>1039922
>hiking with my zpacks pointy hat
>round the corner
>see a guy wearing a "vietnam veteran" hat
>trigger war flashbacks
>last thing i see is a 70 year old man rush me with a ka-bar
>all because of that damn pointy hat
>>
>>1040006
Did he batonny chop chop you with his FULL(rat tail)TANG KA-BAR?
>>
>>1039950
>Winter is the majority of the year here
>Yeah, ushanka is totally not too warm in summer
I'll take that with a pinch of salt anon.
>>
>>1039763
I have a Patagonia trucker hat.
Pls no bully.
>>
File: Boonie-Hat-1.jpg (320KB, 1137x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Boonie-Hat-1.jpg
320KB, 1137x1500px
pretty much any boonie hat. they're designed to be knocked around and stuffed in bags. plus you can stick plants in the band and cosplay as the woods
>>
>>1039853
No, it's a proper oil skin hat. Perfect hat for Australia or New Zealand, where it's sunny one moment then torrential downpour the next. Handy fucking hat, it's not really the kinda hat you take off and store in your bag. They're good hats there's a reason people have been wearing oilskin bush hats for hundreds of years.
>>
>>1041695
>it's not really the kinda hat you take off and store in your bag
>>1039763
>recommend something that is wide brim and packable
gg
>>
File: bug bucket.jpg (13KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
bug bucket.jpg
13KB, 440x440px
my or bug bucket is fucking bomb. i expect their sun bucket is great, too, if you want a wider brim and no net.
>>
>>1039831
>>1039853
Indy wears a felt hat though.
>>
>>1039763
I have an Oilskin Hat from the outback trading company, comfy and waterproof
>>
I wish I could wear my PC without looking like a sperglord.

The closest I've found to that comfort is just a baseball cap, I like the Condor one, it isn't the same though. Anyone else?
>>
>>1041912
There's a couple companies that make PC-style hats in non-camo patterns specifically for /out/, I would just personally prefer a longer brim on mine for pretty much anything other than shooting.

Hell you can even get them in sand (light tan) or khaki and LARP as an FFL soldier with a ranger roll.
>>
>>1041935
Is there anything that isn't rothco or some tacticool brand? Iirc you can get solid colors from aafes, I THINK. Don't quote me on that
>>
>be me
>white as a freshly washed KKK robe
>turn into a boiled lobster as soon as I get more than 5 minutes of sun
>dont want to cosplay as indiana jones or a cowboy
>dont want to look like some retarded outist
>baseball caps leave my ears exposed
live is suffering
>>
File: SAS Dhofar Rebellion.jpg (51KB, 917x626px) Image search: [Google]
SAS Dhofar Rebellion.jpg
51KB, 917x626px
>>1042052
Make a headscarf.
>>
>>1041954
Outdoor Research has a good selection.
>>
>>1042052
>what is sunscreen
You'd still be better off finding just one hat that you could bear.
>>
>>1041764

You can get literally the same thing for 3$ from dollorama.

I just wore one for 6 days out in blackfly and mosquito hell. You don't need a fancy expensive hat of this is the type of thing you're after
>>
>>1041954
Propper would be my go-to, they actually sew to the actual military specs. Otherwise you have literally thousands of Chinese companies, 5.11, Blackhawk!, and a bunch of other tacticool companies.

You can also find unbranded ones at department stores like JC Penney, as well as Walmart.

TNF and Marmot used to make one, each, but I haven't seen them for sale for a few years.
>>
>>1042310
Propper is rhd closest but it you've seen the style of the newer OCP caps, it's a little different. Maybe I only like them because I'm always wearing it. Propper is closer to the older ACU and BDU stuff, not bad so it'll have to do. I might check out the 5.11 before I commit to anything
>>
>>1042319
I personally hate the OCP cut, it's somehow worse to me than the ACU "all season" cut.

Hot weather BDU cap FTW.
>>
>tfw 3 stormy kromer caps for any conceivable weather
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.