[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into fishing? How do I get to the skill level of pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

How do I into fishing? How do I get to the skill level of pic related?
>>
>>1039292
Try reading the catalog first.
>>
Common fish that size dont exist after commertial fishing did its thing, good luck finding anything bigger than a couple feet
>>
You need to go to your local tackle shop. Start off with a light spinning rod. Nothing too expensive because you might not like it. From there, you will know whether you have the bug or not to spend out on proper gear.

Start of aiming for smaller fish in your area and research what kind of game fish you have, if any. You probably want to get a rod/reel combo around the 5kg mark to start off with since its a good middle ground to catch really small fish and medium sized fish. Ideally, you would use braided line because it is way more sensitive so you can feel bites better than standard monofilament but it requires you to tie more complex knots which might fuck you up at the start.

To catch fish in your OP, you need to go far off-shore 99% of the time, but there are spots landbased here in Australia where such fish can be landed. Minimum tackle to catch a tuna of that size is 80lb on a strong overhead reel. Maybe 50lb if you want a super long fight... It is very expensive to buy the tackle etc to catch fish like that so its best you start small.

Good Luck, Pal.
>>
>>1039419
thanks man

>>1039293
oh oops
>>
>>1039292
pic related is less an issue of skill as it is of location and timing.

got a ton of money? fly to the maldives you can get one of those.

if you're a normal person head down to your tackle shop and ask them what's available in your area. they'll help get you started.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.