[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Survivalism and /out/ skills TV shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: primtech.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
primtech.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
So I figure this is a better place than /tv/ to ask, mostly because that's such a shithole, but do any of you guys know of any documentary type tv shows which show/explain wilderness survival skills in depth and in realistic conditions? Ideally without some obnoxious american voice over going on about how badass everything is. I'm looking for something between pic related and bear grylls various exploits.
>>
I watch them all and the short answer is no, with the possible exception of someone on youtube. I just kinda watch them all and screen out the irrelevant.
>>
>>1038499
In that case what are the marginally less shitty ones? For instance bear grylls does have a few insights tucked away between all the piss drinking. Any others you can recommend, i'm flying totally blind here.
>>
>>1038500
>For instance bear grylls does have a few insights tucked away between all the piss drinking
To be honest most of them do. I've seen some pretty shitty survival shows and still learned something. Maybe something like the older Les Straud vids before he kinda went Bear Grylls.
>>
>>1038505
I'll have to check that out I guess, thanks. I have a particular in the British Isles (being a brit myself) if that helps narrow things down a bit. It's all good and well learning the many useful flora and fauna and natural features of the American continent but that's not gonna be of much use to me where I roam.
>>
>>1038523
If you're a britbong, I would suggest alfieaesthetics on youtube. He goes fairly in depth on the flora and particularly mycology of the isle of bongs. He also very obviously is a denizen of 4chan, which is may or may not be a negative to you. At the very least his survival tips are worth a watch.
>>
>>1038495
Check out the shows/documentaries featuring Malcolm Douglas. He was highly popular in Australia between 1970 and 2000.

You can also check out The Bush Tucker man.
>>
File: ha.jpg (44KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>1038495
>wilderness survival skills
>realistic conditions
>>>/cgl/
>>
>>1038495
On YT there are a lot.

Survival russia is awesome, but mostly for russian temperate.
>>
>>1038523
MCQBushcraft
Actually a pretty good channel from a dude based in the British Isles somewhere.
>>
>>1038495
google "ray meers"
>>
when the gravy train ends you want the mass of plebs dieing off, not raping the land and potentially surviving

keep this shit to yourself
>>
>>1038618
>isolationist

You'll be of the first who die.
>>
>>1038536
>>1038566
Thanks, that sounds more helpful.

>>1038606
It's "Ray Mears" actually and I already know of him. He's like the only televised wilderness/survivalist guy in Britain (Bear Grylls doesn't really count).

>>1038549
What's your problem asshole? I'm not some prepper nutjob who expects the world to fall apart and regress to the stone age. I just want some skills to help me to live off the land on extended camping trips etc. When I say realistic conditions I mean not some TV show where conditions are carefully controlled and everything is super scripted.
>>
>>1038918

>Just want some skills to help me to live off the land on extended camping trips etc.

Hahaha. Not gonna happen faggot.
>>
>>1038945
Anon, you're a douche. Just saiyan.
>>
>>1038606
How to sharpen your knife at camp
>Just get out your set of 3 full size large Japanese water stones, soak them in a tub and sharpen your scandi grind knife to a mirror finish. Then destroy your hard work by running the edge against a car window.
>>
Meat Eater is a god tier hunting show. Steven Rinella has a great philosophy on hunting and the show and his podcast are great resources for learning how to hunt.
>>
File: Bactrian Camel.jpg (152KB, 540x380px) Image search: [Google]
Bactrian Camel.jpg
152KB, 540x380px
>>1038495

Not a bushcraft type show but you could try 'Mutiny' from channel 4 in the UK if you can find it, bunch of dudes on a boat recreating the trip captain bligh and 18 crew made after being abandoned in a boat in the middle of the pacific during the mutiny on the Bounty
>>
tried Lars Monsen? His "canada på tvers" is pretty good
>>
>>1039698
>How to sharpen your knife at camp

I know you were memeposting but IF the knife has sane grind like Scandi, and you forgot your 3 full size large Japanese water stones at home, the bottom of a ceramic coffeemug can work wonders.
>>
File: 1485802412056.webm (1MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485802412056.webm
1MB, 404x720px
>>1038495
PT has a new video!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjK2XlNE39Q
>>
>>1040598
>Aaaaand... it's boring...
I think he's running out of ideas and doesn't have the skills to step it up a notch.
>>
>>1040604
there's really only so much you can do with literal primitive technology without moving beyond it or killing things on camera. he's made pretty much everything needed for primitive tech living
>>
>>1040610
Metal working/glassmaking is the obvious next step. He suspects there are metal deposits around him so that would be something. And sand can't be too hard to find
>>
>>1040598
>>1040604
He already did charcoal last year. Same technique too. He's mentioned once or twice that he's been offered TV spots, IIRC he was offered his own show, narrated by someone else, that he was considering.
I wouldn't be surprised if he already agreed to it and is setting aside his good content for it. I just hope he didn't sellout too hard.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.