[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do survive innawoods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 20170428_194418.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_194418.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Hello /out/, I've recently been given the offer to live in a cabin innawoods, 6 miles away from any form of civilisation for free providing I feed the wildlife during the winter. The forest is protected by the government and located in Denmark, I am very tempted to take the offer but wouldn't know how to survive out there, I would be allowed to hunt on the land and a rifle would be provided.

Can anyone suggest any reading material or give any tips as to how to survive in that sort of situation? The winters would be very cold and I would get roughly 1 meter of snow every year. I currently live in England and it would be difficult to find anywhere that would teach me the skills I need.

Any suggestions on equipment would also be welcome.

Thank you for the help! Sorry if this post is off topic, my first time posting on this board.
>>
My friend, 6 miles is not "away from cililisation" in any sence. Why not just walk to the civilisation and buy food?
>>
>>1038051
>cabin
>civilization only 6 miles away
And you are worried about survival?
>my first time posting on this board.
Lurk more
>>
Just find a servivel course you double faggot nigger.

But why the fuck even?
You'll have a cabin and food. You won't be surviving.
Enjoy chopping wood every day.

There are dozens of courses all over England.

Are you unable to use google?
Resourcefulness and improvisation are crucial survival skills.
>>
how did you find out about this OP? I'm interested
>>
>"""wild"""life
>being fed by humans
Europe is the fucking worst
>>
>>1038087

why don't you learn how to spell?
>>
>>1038051
I don't know why everybody is so angry. I guess they're jealous. I know I'm jealous. That sounds like a pretty nice little gig you lined up for yourself.

Invest in some comfortable clothes and a few wool blankets (they're cheap, you won't have to haul them around and may come in handy).

Definitely get a good pair of boots and a good pack. Those things are your lifeline to the town 6 miles away.

I don't really know what to tell you about the snow. Do you mean 1 meter overall? Or the average accumulation in the middle of the season is 1 meter? I don't really know what it's like in Denmark. General theme for snow travel is snowshoes/skis and a sled that you pull behind you. Survival Russia is a good channel for that kind of info.

A radio/keeping up to date on the weather somehow might be a better option if you can just wait out the snow. It would save you lots of money if you'd only use the skis for a week or so.

For clothes, boots and packs there are already threads, so read up, research and ask questions there
>>1020508
>>1035205
>>
>>1038183
We're angry because there is nothing even remotely dangerous to this, it's a luxury vacation not a survival situation.
>provided enclosed shelter, implied that this shelter has a commercially made stove for cooking and heat
>provided food and the single most effective means to gather more food
>close enough to town that any emergencies that do happen will receive an immediate, skilled response
>close enough to town to simply walk into town and get supplies
And that OP is a fucking retard that couldn't spend 1 second to google anything and has no clue what he's doing.
>>
>>1038188
maybe OP wants to balance being in the outdoors learning survival skills with the safety net that the cabin's facilities provides?
>>
>>1038194
That's all well and good but starting a thread about "how to survive, not sure I can" is pretty fucking dumb and childish.
>>
>>1038197
almost as dumb and childish as going into a spastic fit because something you don't like is on your precious board

do one
>>
>>1038188
I'm pretty sure that OP did not mention that he will get provided food. Where did you get that?
>simply walk into town
I don't think OP would want to go through that 1 meter of snow during winter.
The problem is, he doesn't even know what to google, that's why he came here.
>>
>>1038183
Yes it's a nice situation, thank you for the advice anon..

>>1038209
No, I won't be provided food you are correct.
>>
>>1038209
Does it really matter who pays for the food?

The result is that there will be food.
>>
>>1038280
It does, there's a big difference between having a shack to live in and having a shack to live in and having food.

Besides, one anon was suggesting "food provided" as in, somebody rolls up and delivers food. The other scenario is cabin guy needs to walk 6 miles into town and buy his own food.
>>
>surviving
>2017
>>
>>1038288
No, the other scenario is he buys food for the winter on the trip in like a normal person with a functioning brain.
>>
>>1038302
Buys a whole stockpile of food for the winter, when there's a town 6 miles away.
>normal person
>>
File: 1493151548526.png (14KB, 166x166px) Image search: [Google]
1493151548526.png
14KB, 166x166px
>>1038051

So, ah, OP...Are you single? I'm only like 14% joking.

Also how did you get this offer? It sounds indescribably lovely. Is that a picture from the place?
>>
>>1038051
Your probably going to have some job training but.

You can always buy food too. The heater is probably an indoor or outdoor woodstove
Usually once a year you go out and get wood for 5 or so hours a day for about a week cut it, chop it, stacking. If you run low just go get more.

Prolly gonna wanna get familiar with hunting/trapping seasons/caliber restrictions and gun laws.

Plumbing situations

Who feeds wildlife anyway.
>>
>>1038051
>Denmark
>1 meter snow
>>
>>1038051
>Danish
>Using imperial
Get a load of this faggot. Also just download the army field book to entertain yourself because let's be honest there's no survival situation here, but you can always learn along the way.
Hope you have fun /out/ there, Laudrup.
>>
You're literally gonna be feeding the animals, I don't think hunting is gonna be too tough when the deer are coming to you for food
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.