[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Commuting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

does anyone here do a monster commute just to live innawoods?
>>
>>1036168
>innawoods
>being able to drive to it
nope
>>>/o/
>>
>>1036168
No but it wouldn't be a problem at all.

Nice corolla, looks very clean
>>
File: breakfast.jpg (318KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.jpg
318KB, 960x768px
>>1036168
my friend just bought land an hour and a half from where he works. He was planning on working, and his wife would farm and tend to animals. The plan went to shit when his wife got pregnant. They realized they live in the middle of nowhere, and have no neighbors or family close by to help with stuff. Unfortunately, they are planning to move back to the city. They are lonely. Nice property too. It was there dream,,,
>>
File: i-tSRCnbm-L.jpg (107KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
i-tSRCnbm-L.jpg
107KB, 800x600px
>>1036168
Long commutes are overrated. Been there, done that.

I'm 5 miles from the office now. Not as far innawoods or out of town as I'd like to be, but i'm kind of on the edge of town. Still close enough to restaurants/groceries/etc, and 15 minutes is a "long" commute to work (although when traffic really backs up it can take up to 45 if i'm driving the truck).

Load the truck/trailer up and head into the mountains on weekends, or take a vacation day and go play.

I've got coworkers who have 90-minute one-way commutes. That's 3 hours, every day, not getting paid for it, and not really able to do anything else. A few of them carpool which i'm sure helps, but
>15 hours a week
>60 hours a month
>30 fucking DAYS a year
>just driving to and from work
>notevenonce.jpg
>>
>>1036457
I think this is the right idea. I'd set up my /out/ land to be self sufficient on the weekends and camp in a van in the city during the week
>>
File: 20170518_194448.jpg (676KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170518_194448.jpg
676KB, 1920x1080px
I commute 70 km both ways to live next to the mountains/trails and really enjoy it, my morning commute on the bike is usually the best part of my day.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.